2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 106 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The girl deserves a shot on the Senior GP. She’s been given awful scores at RN for very clean performances and completely passed over for international assignments she’s done more than enough to deserve while on JGP.

If she crashes and burns so be it but she deserves at least one Senior GP opportunity IMO.

Also...I think when she was at her best some of the lack of opportunity combined with arguably being underscored at home has contributed to her lack her momentum.

I think I may be starting to be on the Gubanova hype train :)
I rewatched her Take Five and Summertime and quite liked them. I think doing 3Lz-3Lo and 3F-3T-2T is a great idea and seems to be "more natural" I guess? Those combos seem to flow better, and I'm interested to see what she comes up with this season for her programs.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, she is the 11th and last girl of the Russian ladies on the SB list top 24. But I agree, Konstantinova has by now a well known reputation and she is 9th on the world ranking list - she will most likely get two spots.
Thank you for that information. Stanislava does not get 2 Grand Prix spots it will be shocking. especially since the way the Federation favors her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I rewatched her Take Five and Summertime and quite liked them. I think doing 3Lz-3Lo and 3F-3T-2T is a great idea and seems to be "more natural" I guess? Those combos seem to flow better, and I'm interested to see what she comes up with this season for her programs.

Welcome SFM. There is room for you so don't worry. ;)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Thank you for that information. Stanislava does not get 2 Grand Prix spots it will be shocking. especially since the way the Federation favors her.

That is something I don't understand. Why does RusFed favor Konstantinova? I don't see it.

Amei

Record Breaker
That is something I don't understand. Why does RusFed favor Konstantinova? I don't see it.

It keeps getting said that her father has some connections or something like that but never are there any type of concrete details or proof.

Scott512

Record Breaker
TAT has pull.she loves Stasya almost as much as Zhenya. ;) Plus Stasya is very attractive and elegant. But so is Nastya obviously. No one really knows for sure.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Because you didnt see the last year Russian Nats obviously ;)

I've seen Russian nationals the last couple of years. Stanislava came 4th both times and it was fair imo. Same thing at the Cup of Russia. If you are suggesting she was overscored then yes - I don't see it. The one that was hugely overscored though was Medvedeva if you ask me, especially at CoR. At RusNats I would have placed both Zagi and Med below Tarusina and Gubanova, and obviously at CoR I would have had Tukt ahead of Med. But I realize that PCS is sometimes a matter of taste and if the judges go for Med's style then so be it. I don't see Konstantinova in the mix of inflated PCS at all.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I've seen Russian nationals the last couple of years. Stanislava came 4th both times and it was fair imo. Same thing at the Cup of Russia. If you are suggesting she was overscored then yes - I don't see it. The one that was hugely overscored though was Medvedeva if you ask me, especially at CoR. At RusNats I would have placed both Zagi and Med below Tarusina and Gubanova, and obviously at CoR I would have had Tukt ahead of Med. But I realize that PCS is sometimes a matter of taste and if the judges go for Med's style then so be it. I don't see Konstantinova in the mix of inflated PCS at all.
Wowwwwwwwww! What a post!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Oh, i meant to say they favor her because she won (senior) Nationals. There is nothing strange to me there. I found most of the competitions results fine, so i dont see a problem in choosing Konstantinova at all.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Oh, i meant to say they favor her because she won (senior) Nationals. There is nothing strange to me there. I found most of the competitions results fine, so i dont see a problem in choosing Konstantinova at all.
But she got big breaks before the last Russian Nationals and I think that's what some people are talkin about. Stanislava needs to bring her A game this year as does everyone else because the competition will be insane.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
What is the required solo jump this year for the jgp? I’m just wondering if it’ll cause problems for some of the newbies. I mean, most Russian junior ladies have a correct lutz and a correct flip, so perhaps there’s nothing to worry about?

karina17

Final Flight
What is the required solo jump this year for the jgp? I’m just wondering if it’ll cause problems for some of the newbies. I mean, most Russian junior ladies have a correct lutz and a correct flip, so perhaps there’s nothing to worry about?

It's year of the loop now, if I'm not wrong. It rotates between lutz, flip and loop.