2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 153 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Another thing: Isn‘t Dreams on Ice starting in a few days? As far as I know Alina will participate, alongside the other 3A. Will she be able to skate her Bad Guy exhibition there? I don‘t think they have time to change it.

Skaters often debut their new programs at this show, though, so maybe we‘ll see her new SP there as well as the Carmen exhibition. That would solve the issue. Imagine if all 4A skated their new programs there! That would be nice.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
We can call it stealing, copying, borrowing or paying tribute - all without naming or crediting the original artist. The hype and hysteria may be happening on Instagram. Here it has turned into a discussion between people who see something questionable about what's happened and those who have offered truly creative examples and comparisons to make it seem like what Daniil did was perfectly normal. And then several of us noticed a pattern.
Stealing and copying are different words. At least that's how I was taught.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
. I don‘t want to put any chances or predictions out there as of now because a lot will depend on pure luck. How the others do at their event, how and whether the quad girls land their ultra-c elements. The only thing Zhenya can and should do is compete at her very best. The rest we will see.

You will have to if you play prediction game.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't see how they'll be held back unless one of them bombs big time in a competition. When were Eteri's girls held back by the judges? I mean judges can't get low scores on programs that are maximized out. We've seen that with other Russian ladies but not with team Tuberidze. Also, I pretty much expect the 3A to dominate, if not like last junior season, then at least I have high hopes for Sasha and for Anna to some extent. Alena is also not to underestimate, she might not have the highest TES, but judges tend to give her big GOEs on her elements and she is a strong PCS contender, the strongest among the three of them.

Back in the time, Evgenia dominated in her last junior year and afterwards in her senior debute, we saw the same with Alina. So, I don't see it not happening with the 3A. I know that the competition now is tougher because we have Rika with 2x3a and presumably a quad? and also Tursynbaeva with 4S and maybe a 3A? but at the time, Evgenia was kind of on par with Osmond and than Zagitova with Еvgenia, and the new rising star always had the edge :)

I think they will all do well and have their moments but I don't see them dominating in their debut because there's too much competition. Much more so then when if Zhenya debuted as a senior or Alina for that matter.

What we have to do is get a petition together with thousands of signatures to increase the number of participants for the Grand Prix finals from 6 to 8. And explain why this should happen. This sounds doable to me.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, but we have June now. Before the prediction game starts we will see test skates and the shape the skaters are in mentally as well as physically. I will reserve my judgment until then. :)

Yes things can change in 3 months. But there's no reason to not be optimistic about Zhenya even with Grand Prix events that are very difficult.

Ziotic

Medalist
I already gave Macarena and Michael Jackson examples, didn't I? Yes, I see the difference between the case when a housekeeper takes a purse from a drawer and Gleich's including clothes chewing and arm jerking in Alina's gala program.

There really not different, in both cases some stole something from another person, just because one is not a physical item doesn’t mean it wasn’t stolen.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I already gave Macarena and Michael Jackson examples, didn't I? Yes, I see the difference between the case when a housekeeper takes a purse from a drawer and Gleich's including clothes chewing and arm jerking in Alina's gala program.

But your examples were not apples to apples.

Social dances, such as the Macarena, are not subject to copyright. Michael Jackson’s moonwalk is not copyrighted, it is one move. If someone copied the first minute of the choreo of the Billie Jean video step by step, it is copyrighted.

Copyright violations are stealing someone’s work and someone’s livelihood. Just as if you were taking money from their pocket.

Whether I as a lay person to choreo understand or care for or like the choreo (I don’t, not on the video and not on Alina, it’s nothing I’ll ever watch again) is completely immaterial. :)

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
In all the midst of this drama, I've seen no "happy birthdays" for the Tiny Boss, so I will do them all for you. Happy birthday to the quad queen! :hb:
Hopefully she can break 100+ TES, and land all her quads without injury!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I'd like to try the prediction game, but last year I wasn't very accurate (didn't post it anywhere, just between my own thoughts). Maybe I should try it this year since I know the field a bit better :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yes things can change in 3 months. But there's no reason to not be optimistic about Zhenya even with Grand Prix events that are very difficult.

Yes, surely. I just need to see her programs and the technical content to see what kind of chances we‘re really talking about. For now, if she skates cleanly during the GP season she should be fine and get some medals.

I just don‘t want to make any serious predictions about GPF now because for Zhenya it‘s not just a “skate cleanly and you‘re in“ case. It depends on many other things, including the performances of other skaters. Take Alina for example, if she skates cleanly, it is very likely that she‘ll take home a gold and a at least a silver at both events and make it to GPF. If Zhenya skates cleanly, we still don‘t know how others with that insanely difficult content skate, so it can either be a silver, a bronze or, which is pretty unlikely, a gold. That’s why it‘s kinda hard for me to estimate her chances of making it.

I‘m optimistic in the way that I‘m sure Zhenya will do her best every time she‘s out there on the ice and use every chance she‘s being given. She‘s a fighter. I don‘t doubt that.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Actually, this explains a lot about what's causing the misunderstanding here :sarcasm:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Actually, this explains a lot about what's causing the misunderstanding here :sarcasm:

Really? What about Bradie's copying Alina's movements? Did her choreographer ask Gleich's permission?

If you don't know what I mean, I am talking about 2 arms in a lock behind the back.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She will face sasha twice at skate Canada and Rostelecom. I don’t know if she can do quad or 3A but yeah next saison will be tough as hell

The ladies that don't do quads or triple axles will have to be Flawless or close to Flawless to beat those who do. Alina has beaten quad girls and triple Axel Girls before and will again. But who else will next season is the question?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, surely. I just need to see her programs and the technical content to see what kind of chances we‘re really talking about. For now, if she skates cleanly during the GP season she should be fine and get some medals.

I just don‘t want to make any serious predictions about GPF now because for Zhenya it‘s not just a “skate cleanly and you‘re in“ case. It depends on many other things, including the performances of other skaters. Take Alina for example, if she skates cleanly, it is very likely that she‘ll take home a gold and a at least a silver at both events and make it to GPF. If Zhenya skates cleanly, we still don‘t know how others with that insanely difficult content skate, so it can either be a silver, a bronze or, which is pretty unlikely, a gold. That’s why it‘s kinda hard for me to estimate her chances of making it.

I‘m optimistic in the way that I‘m sure Zhenya will do her best every time she‘s out there on the ice and use every chance she‘s being given. She‘s a fighter. I don‘t doubt that.

I think we will all know what's going on and have a better idea who's in really good form come September. Watching it all unfold will be amazing.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I think we will all know what's going on and have a better idea who's in really good form come September. Watching it all unfold will be amazing.

Am I the only one concerned that there have been no new postings of videos from the Eteri camp? Last year at this time we saw Sasha and Anna landing 4lutz and Alena with her perfect 3axel from footwork. Maybe the attempts have not been too successful so far... I really want 3A to all get 3axel! It just seems weird that there have been no new videos at this point.