2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 155 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
My career is on hold for a while but yes I was quite successful at what I did, thank you. For yet another time, what I saw was 2 main sequences: chewing a dress and some shaky arm movements. And yes, for me it's nothing. Same as it was nothing but just appreciation when I saw that last season Bradie completely changed her style adding Eteri like number of transitions and doing some movements characteristic to Alina. It was still Bradie nothing like a copycat of Alina. And Alina is Alina not a copycat of whoever. She is on ice, for one thing. Can Jojo do a triple let alone 3Lz-3Lo?

:rolleye:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My career is on hold for a while but yes I was quite successful at what I did, thank you. For yet another time, what I saw was 2 main sequences: chewing a dress and some shaky arm movements. And yes, for me it's nothing. Same as it was nothing but just appreciation when I saw that last season Bradie completely changed her style adding Eteri like number of transitions and doing some movements characteristic to Alina. It was still Bradie nothing like a copycat of Alina. And Alina is Alina not a copycat of whoever. She is on ice, for one thing. Can Jojo do a triple let alone 3Lz-3Lo?

I give up.

And I never said, nor do I believe, that Alina is at fault.

Vandevska

Medalist
Lol I think you should let it go as well because, listen. I understand your frustration, but things can’t just simply be what it is because the pathology of obsessive fandom here is constant, persistent, unyielding, unreasonable and sick. The need to call Jojo a villain, or emasculating; the need to feign ignorance about the difference between steal and copy; the need to pin dissenting opinions on jealousy or anti-Russia sentiment; these are symptoms of an illness. The discussion in this topic will go round and round until the final word on it has to be a jab on Jojo, or how Daniil did nothing wrong and he’s just an innocent fawn in the forest, or both, so there is no point in trying to inject reason into a place filled with unreasonable people, because this a place where Bradie freaking Tennel can be dragged into the situation and get a bunch of upvotes for it. It’s a fruitless endeavor. Just let it be and let it go and move on already, as some people will only hear what there want to hear, and everything else is background noise. The inmates run the asylum here, so trying to simply explain right and wrong is like climbing Mt. Everest. It’s not normal. Do you get it?

While I'm on the side that can't understand such things either, I think this is really too harsh and not really necessary :)

Tere19

Rinkside
Not all of us ...what they did was wrong even the 10 year olds girls of Dance Moms knew that stealing choreo was bad and unprofesional ....

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think you should move this conversation in another place, cause it doesnt belong here. I also think that majority of us are not interested in 'stealing/coping the choreography' topic, especially if it lasts 10+ pages without exploring the subject further.

Vandevska

Medalist
I’m sorry if I offended you. I was so so over it, so maybe you are right and I was harsh.

I completely understand your frustration. I felt it too yesterday, and it was increased because it was super late and I was SO not having it. But on the bright side there are still plenty that see the situation for what it is, and who are not just doing the defending because they're fans of them (and here I mean of Daniil/ Eteri team).

Although what upsets me the most is that anyone who has a different opinion gets the same label, which is usually "Evgenia fan", even in cases where Evgenia is not related to the situation.

Edit: Point is, such harsh language is still not needed, in my opinion :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Lol I think you should let it go as well because, listen. I understand your frustration, but things can’t just simply be what it is because the pathology of obsessive fandom here is constant, persistent, unyielding, unreasonable and sick. The need to call Jojo a villain, or emasculating; the need to feign ignorance about the difference between steal and copy; the need to pin dissenting opinions on jealousy or anti-Russia sentiment; these are symptoms of an illness. The discussion in this topic will go round and round until the final word on it has to be a jab on Jojo, or how Daniil did nothing wrong and he’s just an innocent fawn in the forest, or both, so there is no point in trying to inject reason into a place filled with unreasonable people, because this a place where Bradie freaking Tennel can be dragged into the situation and get a bunch of upvotes for it. It’s a fruitless endeavor. Just let it be and let it go and move on already, as some people will only hear what there want to hear, and everything else is background noise. The inmates run the asylum here, so trying to simply explain right and wrong is like climbing Mt. Everest. It’s not normal. Do you get it?

Wow, you're really going there, aren't you... :shocked:
It felt like you went out of your way trying to put some people down with the worst words you could possibly find, calling them 'sick', 'ill', 'inmates run the asylum'
You're not doing anything positive, going to extremes in trying to offend anyone with those kinds of words is not necessary and will not do any good.
When people write these kinds of messages with that many insults, they don't look like people one can converse in a civilized manner with either.

I saw you got some upvotes on your post, oh people... what are you doing...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Look, I'm really not the one to actually go and do research but your persistence and looking for something to hang on to amaze me. Bradie skated her free at Autumn Classic, Sep 20-22. Alina first competed at Nebelhorn, Sep 26-29. Now I'm sure I saw Alina's Phantom performed at a summer show, did she also perform her free earlier?

If Benoit copied Daniil's arms behind the back choreo, then bad, bad Benoit. I still see a difference between copying one move and copying 48+ beats of choreo, but hey.

And I was amazed by the people who kept starting new threads here about Zhenya's problems on a weekly basis a couple of seasons ago. And I am still amazed by the people who put tags on those who have the point of view that contradicts their beliefs or agenda not shying of using words like "illness". But I am kind of an incumbent here and I saw everything already to make me agitated about that.

And yes, Alina showed her free program at Russian test skates on September 9.

I am glad about this fuzz in my heart of hearts. Having so many people ready to jump on attack wagon as soon as any opportunity turns up will make the wins of my favorites in actual competitions sweeter.

P.S. I won't write more on the topic same as many other posters promised. I don't care about galas in the first place. I just felt that the aggression towards Daniil was dispropotionate to his offense. We all have the right to our opinions within the board's rules, don't we?

esteticlove

Final Flight
I think everyone in this thread needs a blue fluffy unicorn as the one Sasha got today and we all will be happy. :)

thedude

On the Ice
Really? What about Bradie's copying Alina's movements? Did her choreographer ask Gleich's permission?

If you don't know what I mean, I am talking about 2 arms in a lock behind the back.

That's the spirit. I was waiting for some good whataboutism. While we're at it let's all debate the nuances of words like copying vs stealing, let's use our law degrees we bought on the internet to argue about copyright laws , and for good measure let's take a closer look at this Jojo Gomez, she seems sketchy
2 arms in the back you say? I think you're on to something. In fact, I'm going to do some research on these Rippons, Tanos, Biellmans, Axels, Salchows, and Lutzes everyone talks about. Oh god, I looked them up... it's not good guys

Like a former president of Georgia Mihail Saakashvili was famous by chewing his tie in front of cameras. Did not Jojo get inspiration from him?
I love me some whataboutism but an obscure reference to a Georgian President. Heaven

melgirl25

Medalist

This sounds so childish at this point and I think you are trolling.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I think you should move this conversation in another place, cause it doesnt belong here. I also think that majority of us are not interested in 'stealing/coping the choreography' topic, especially if it lasts 10+ pages without exploring the subject further.

I agree. Turn it into it's own thread, because it's no longer about Russian Ladies' Skating, and it's getting annoying.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Here are some new topics:

Who is Tarakanova’s new coach? I must have missed a part of the thread that discussed this.

How’s the triple axel coming for Guliakova?

Has Tarusina announced her new programs? What type of music should she choose?

What exactly will help Vasilieva stand out? I felt her programs were very bland last season. What is her best style?

Has Adelina Sotnikova been in any shows recently?

Amei

Record Breaker
Bradie was doing a couple of "Alina's" movements last season. No one was furious.

Big difference between a couple of movements here and there you've possibly seen someone else do (especially moves that can probably found in handful of other figure skating programs) and taking an entire sequence with mostly the same moves, some just adapted to being on the ice, to the same song. And bottom line - Danill has admitted that he watched the video and what he saw ended up in the program he compiled for Alina.

It will be interesting to see what they‘re going to do now. Keep the ex but with Jojo Gomez‘s permission? Or choreograph something entirely new to Bad Guy? Personally, I wish for the latter to be the case. I wasn‘t a fan of the choreography to begin with and even seeing it now where it came from and where it was supposed to be performed at (on the dancefloor, not the ice), I‘m not sold on it. I think Daniil could do something better of his own that would actually fit Alina.

I doubt it, for all of figure skating from Sambo - it's in their best interest that this scandal their choreographer created goes away quietly and they don't do anything that could lead to it being a point of discussion possibly into the season because Danill is the main choreographer for the figure skaters or at least the stars of Sambo - not good for them to have people talking about their choreographer stealing someone else's work and attempting to pass it as his own.

Even though Alina's not at fault, she's the one that's on ice doing it so to the majority of the public she will be the face of the problem and if it gets talked about in the media it won't be Danill's picture they'll be showing, it will be Alina doing Jojo's choreography side-by-side to the dancer's in the video. She's been doing a watered down Carmen at shows this summer, they can just continue to have her use that if they don't have time to get a new exhibition done.

Tere19

Rinkside
Tarakanova came back to snow lepards and svetlana accepted her back and even celebrated her birthday there...very good if you consider they didnt part in ver good terms (same with kanysheva) they are training a quad and she is going to stay one more season in juniors.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Here are some new topics:

Who is Tarakanova’s new coach? I must have missed a part of the thread that discussed this.

Has Tarusina announced her new programs? What type of music should she choose?

You’ve missed a lot :)
Tarakanova is back to Panova, to Snow Leopards. Panova commented they’re planning to learn quads and 3A.

Haven’t heard about Tarusina‘s new programs, but her coach also commented they’ll be learning quads and 3A. However, later after that, I heard Tarusina was answering some questions on Instagram, someone asked about her progress with learning new jumps and apparently she said it was nothing serious from the beginning (that they weren’t actually planning/trying to learn those jumps). So probably Davydov was saying that to keep Tarusina relevant in the eyes of the fed.

You know what thoughts this brings to me?
It’s so hard to be a russian female skater right now, feels like besides being consistent and amazing on all levels, all coaches of those girls have to constantly do politicking to keep their girls relevant, as it helps with getting assignments, funding, etc.