2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 197 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Why can't we have that? There will be so much content for seniors that the juniors will be lost.

I see the reason for that: this thread has 197 pages while all other combined have 318 pages (I mean the front page of the Edge)

But I would leave it as it is: there are advantages to have everything about Russian ladies in one place knowing that occassionally there will be 20 or so page outbursts with another chapter of Medvedeva-Eteri saga. Another thing is that at this moment we don't know who are juniors and who are seniors. Russian Fed will have a difficult task to maximize the odds of getting most from 6 team spots (junior+senior) while keeping adequate motivation of those who formally can be juniors but can be seniors as well.

We have fan fests. We shall have junior GP related threads. I think that our juniors will not be lost.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Russian Fed will have a difficult task to maximize the odds of getting most from 6 team spots (junior+senior) while keeping adequate motivation of those who formally can be juniors but can be seniors as well.

This ia a very interesting question: how to keep those very talented and hard working skaters that are on the edge of their break through motivated? Tarusina, Tarakanova etc, they should be fiercely competing amongst themselves for any chance to medal in a competition, earn some prize money, etc. etc.?

Scott512

Record Breaker
And this is why there should be two separate threads for Russian Ladies' Figure Skating. One for seniors and one for juniors.. especially now that there cannot be any fanfests for girls under 13.. :(

We've already broached that subject with them and they won't do it even though they should. They said something about we can't afford to start another thread. Yeah cuz one mole is going to make such a big difference. ;)

On a side note I think we all can't wait for the season to start and before that the first open skate switch is coming soon I think for the Russian juniors. Anybody know if Anastasia Gubanova has been added to the junior test skates yet?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
while the other three disciplines flounder in mediocrity or less.
:shocked: what? :laugh::laugh:

Im pretty excited about Bamboleo (as expected :laugh:) but I wish less known music from them was was used in skating more. :luv17:

my balance loving heart wants to get as far on the other side as it can.
:ghug: +100500

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Actually Scott (and in response to those who asked) the reason is because there is so much content that is shared across the Russian jr. and senior field that interesting information and well written posts that could be enjoyed by fans of both Jr. and Sr. would get missed by some who only check in this thread. Not everyone wants to go through 2 threads so if it centralized in one location that seems to meet most people's needs.

There are threads about individual skaters in Fan Fests. There are threads about promising juniors and there will be threads during the grand prix season about how those juniors are doing.

Not saying that you can't put forth a suggestion to split the thread into two separate threads but that is the reasoning behind why we have not done so in the past.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Actually Scott (and in response to those who asked) the reason is because there is so much content that is shared across the Russian jr. and senior field that interesting information and well written posts that could be enjoyed by fans of both Jr. and Sr. would get missed by some who only check in this thread. Not everyone wants to go through 2 threads so if it centralized in one location that seems to meet most people's needs.

There are threads about individual skaters in Fan Fests. There are threads about promising juniors and there will be threads during the grand prix season about how those juniors are doing.

Not saying that you can't put forth a suggestion to split the thread into two separate threads but that is the reasoning behind why we have not done so in the past.

True.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In the meanwhile Sofia Samodurova just announced she’s doing Bamboleo for SP and Roxanne for FS

Choreo by?

Averbukh i guess, and someone else for the other program maybe? Ivan Righini? Benoit Richaud? Tatiana Prokofieva?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Choreo by?

Averbukh i guess, and someone else for the other program maybe? Ivan Righini? Benoit Richaud? Tatiana Prokofieva?

Sankt Peterburg has a great and distinguished ballet and dance tradition. Are there local choreographers of name and reputation working with the Winged Blades?

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I am eagerly awaiting the day when the Russian ladies thread ceases to be a neverending soap opera of arguments between fans of different skaters with occasional insightful comments thrown in

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I am eagerly awaiting the day when the Russian ladies thread ceases to be a neverending soap opera of arguments between fans of different skaters with occasional insightful comments thrown in

Keep on dreaming!
Its never going to happen there are just to many good russian ladies and all of them have verry devoted fans who are verry emotional about their favourites.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I kind of think it's the other way around its never-ending insightful comments mixed in with the occasional argument like last night. ;)

The reality is people have opinions of their feelings and they like who they like and sometimes they express that. Some people can currently disagree or debate that. It is what it is.

This Golden skate forum is probably the top message board for figure skating in the world. It's not all about arguing there's a lot of good information here too.

And when next season starts there will be more skating information and fewer arguments. Hopefully.

cell

On the Ice

At least it's not as bad as social media or lunatics on Russian sport websites who bash Medvedeva for this latest interview... (I think these people are insane judging from the comments, and I'm not even a Medvedeva fan)

I have to agree. It’s sort of insane how much we see posters pitting skaters against one another in here then pointing the finger at the media as if they themselves are not perpetuating the exact thing they wish to abolish. Maybe we can all stay on topic and stop the gossip spreading further?

Sofia’s music choices, I feel like she is just running the same gimmick for a second season and honestly I’m not interested. Sorry she’s lovely but she needs something else. It’s stiff competition out there and that consistency did her well last season! :palmf:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I have to agree. It’s sort of insane how much we see posters pitting skaters against one another in here then pointing the finger at the media as if they themselves are not perpetuating the exact thing they wish to abolish. Maybe we can all stay on topic and stop the gossip spreading further?

Sofia’s music choices, I feel like she is just running the same gimmick for a second season and honestly I’m not interested. Sorry she’s lovely but she needs something else. It’s stiff competition out there and that consistency did her well last season! :palmf:

You may be right but when Alina Evgenia and Eteri do interviews they're going to be discussed here ad nauseam. And then different opinions will be voiced and it's okay.

You may be right but when Alina Evgenia and Eteri do interviews they're going to be discussed here ad nauseam. And then different opinions will be voiced and it's okay.

Very true and that is of course expected. But when we have 5 pages of straight up speculation and bringing up old drama it gets tiresome. If someone dislikes a skater that’s fine, they don’t need to try and justify it to themselves or anyone else whenever said skater breaths the wrong way! That goes for all the ladies! :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Here's a question for all the Russian skating experts, which GP event do you think will be the most competitive for the Russian ladies?
Which line up do anticipate the most?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Here's a question for all the Russian skating experts, which GP event do you think will be the most competitive for the Russian ladies?

There are 2 perspectives to that question. The first one is when you are talking Russian vs. non Russian. At this time of the season I think that despite last worlds results Rika is the main threat to Russian ladies dominance. May be she is the only threat so far. Yes, I know about Sakamoto and Tursynbaeva but I need to see them first this season. Hence, having Rika in Canada and Japan means that those GP stages will be the most competitive for Russian ladies.

The second perspective comes when you bring internal competition as well - GP is not a team event. Then we should have something like "group A", "group B", "group C"discussion. For me:

Group A: Zagitova, Trusova, Tuktamysheva
Group A- or B+: Medvedeva
Group B: Scherbakova, Kostornaya, Samodurova
Group C: Konstantinova, Sakhanovich, Sotskova

Giving group A 2 points and group B 1 point I shall have:

USA 3
Canada 3.5
France 3
China 4
Russia 3.5
Japan 4

Knowing Rika's spots I would say that Japan is the most competitive followed by Canada.

ruga

Final Flight
Which line up do anticipate the most?

I think the most competitive ones will be Skate America and Skate Canada. The former one has 5 very good skaters, 3 of them non Russian, who are able to get 220+ points. However, they are also bit inconsistent. Skate Canada is competitive as well, with Kihira and her high scoring potential, Trusova's quads, Medvedeva's PCS and often GOE and Tennell who has beaten Medvedeva already last season.