2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 536 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkySkater

On the Ice
In my observation, something is not working properly between Tarakanova and Panova.

To me it seems Anastasiya is left too much to her own devices. She doesn’t seem to have this stabile psychology yet, seems uncomfortable in her images and hence her programs. I don’t know what the resources are in #TeamPanova, wether Anastasiya is taken under the wings of another member of her team, or even wether she is really settled in at Snow Leopards and comfortable there.

Panova seems so cool and distant around Anastasiya, and it was mostly Moiseyeva who travelled to the GP stages.

Hope for a good second start in Russian Cup. Do not really worry over her chances, for she is a good competitor and fierce fighter, but there is no spark.

Panova was to be in Lake Placid but after the problems with Sinitsyna she was forced to stay behind--normally one coach will go first then both girls and then the other if there are two coaches. You can see this in Nastya's video as Panova is there.

More interestingly Nastya's layout here is according to some 'insiders' different to that at home considering it is completely backloaded I wonder what has been changed as after the first two jumps she was completely fine. Looking at her recent instability on the double axel and Shabotova's triple axel/Sinitsyna's rumoured triple axel I wonder if it is that she is training it and might even be able to land it. Besides it doesn't seem like you've even actually watched Nastya if you think she has no spark.

Orlov

Medalist
Obviously she has a much better Lutz in terms of toe-pick and prerotation than all the 4A.

This is a myth, the conventional "wisdom", "everyone knows that".

If you discard the religion of "deep outside edge" (a "symbol of the faith" of this religion is the strange belief that then deeper the edge, the greater the GOE should be given), and if you accept the reality that Alena Kostornaya has a normal outside edge on her lutz (last pics), and use slowmotion on her lutz in SP (use frame by frame - pause, then click '.' (dot) to move forward one frame) you will be surprised to find that Alena’s prerotation is just over 90 degrees and she use toe-pick, not blade. Amazing height and distance. And unlike Tuktamysheva, Alena has bullet "element matches the music" - it's not a joke, its difficult. Kostornaya's lutz definitely better than Liza's lutz.

all the more so since Liza’s 3Lz in SP wasn’t as super-wonderful as people used to think

Orlov

Medalist
Try to analyse those triksels from a mathematical perspective, esp their geometry: how long, how far, how high, etc. because I think we have seen two triksels of a quality hardly ever seen before?

If we are talking about the Tuktamysheva's trixel in the SP, then seems to me her 3A is not good rotated - she lands on the toepick and rotate about 90 degrees on the ice, in the style of Alysa Lu. Despite the fact that UR was not called (and I do not say that it had to be done), in Guidelines, in the "reduction for errors" section, there is such an interesting reduction (-1 to -2):

"Lacking rotation (no sign)[means no <]
including half loop in a combo"

Someone told me that judges cannot watch the jump in slow motion (is that really so?), but I think that for an experienced judge it's not a problem, for example: Kihira's 3A - even without slow motion you can see that the jump is perfectly rotated, it's definitely better quality than Liza's 3A (here without slow motion).

I also think that Liza has a good height, but not a very big distance on her 3A. For me, she doesn’t have very high speed right before the jump. Compare with the distance and speed of Kihira or Alena

Perhaps this will explain to some why most judges gave only +2 GOE on Liza's 3A in SP. “Everyone knows” that Liza has a "amazing 3A" for which "she must be given huge GOE" - another myth that came from nowhere. She has good "+2type" of 3A.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
moriel, in your post you should've said it was on a harness before I clicked the link!!! I really got my hopes up. ;)

It looks like she is getting a lot of assistance from the harness at this point.

This video was filmed at the beginning of July when Zhenya just started training the Quad Sal

Orlov

Medalist
Do we have comparable info on #TeamPanova’s staff and resources?
The ‘Tutberidze’ sessions with the core teams seem pretty crowded already, but with three trainers at work, everyone will get a reasonable amount of personal attention and quality time.

Four trainers. Don't forget about Rozanov. Remember the words of Alyona in her interview - " The next day I came to training, and Sergei Alexandrovich Rozanov suggested trying the axel again". So I'm sure Rozanov there not only delivers children to competitions :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Really excellent small report on Anna Shcherbakova, she talks frankly and honestly about her life, skating, training, travelling, hopes, worries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWkHdVq4eKA, also resume in the bigger picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sAqDD14bPB

Around 4:15 Anna tells all girls are equal, they don't regard the other as better or worse.

And she has read ‘Perfumer, the story of a murderer’, since a lot of the footage is from May Novogorsk camp when the program was still being staged. Staging in process was shown, and is quite demanding for both skater and director. Anna's beauty case, so small and only the most basic makeup stuff, and she doesn't put much on during every day school and training ;-)

A close up of the rigging of her 'transformer' dress and that magical moment when it was unveiled for the first public time in Open Test Skates.

Bright, clever, determined and well grounded, and also still a child we watch growing up before our very eyes.

PS: Rozanov works the pole and harness. Gleikhengauz and Dudakov don’t like that part of their jobs apparently, Gleikhengauz told some jokes about it in his excellent Ghadzhiyeva interview.

Hopefully there will be more features, equally good, on the other skaters in the Grand Prix.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nobody. If I remember correctly, Sofia had withdrawn before the competition.

Why wouldnt they sub someone in? SMH. We know Finland is not far from Russia if my geography is correct. There are so few spots for so many good Russinas someone could have used that experience even if they could not skate with Alyiona and Liza.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why wouldnt they sub someone in? SMH. We know Finland is not far from Russia if my geography is correct. There are so few spots for so many good Russinas someone could have used that experience even if they could not skate with Alyiona and Liza.

Stasya was a sub but did not attend it still.

skatingfan200

Medalist
This is a myth, the conventional "wisdom", "everyone knows that".

If you discard the religion of "deep outside edge" (a "symbol of the faith" of this religion is the strange belief that then deeper the edge, the greater the GOE should be given

https://twitter.com/chiburahakkai/status/1020618307873804288
The fact that it does not reflect in GOE does not mean Lisa´s lutz has the same or less quality in comparion with girls who have only a flat edge. The judging system is wrong not Lisa´s lutz.

and if you accept the reality that Alena Kostornaya has a normal outside edge on her lutz (last pics), and use slowmotion on her lutz in SP (use frame by frame - pause, then click '.' (dot) to move forward one frame) you will be surprised to find that Alena’s prerotation is just over 90 degrees and she use toe-pick, not blade. Amazing height and distance.

It´s to blurry to judge the egde to be 100% sure and the camera angle is not optimal (slightly from the side),I would say flat edge.

I think around 120-140 degress PR.
https://up.picr.de/36981939zl.png
90 degress PR
https://up.picr.de/36981947oi.png
120-140 degress PR

Lisa has less PR, around 90 degress.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think that another skater should have been the sub because it was kind of obvious that Stasya wouldn’t go. She has Skate America this weekend. There would have been no time to go to this challenger.

But Liza is at Skate America this week too, though, isn‘t she? So if Liza has time, why not Stasya? :scratch2:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
And Finland is sooo close to Saint Petersburg. It would have been practically walking distance for Stasya.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
But Liza is at Skate America this week too, though, isn‘t she? So if Liza has time, why not Stasya? :scratch2:

Liza has a history of skating in lots of competitions, sometimes back to back. This is not comfortable for all skaters so it may just be possible that Stasya did not want to attempt this as it can be very tiring and taxing.

DenissVFan

Medalist
2 filled spots at Finlandia - still miles better than 0 at Nebelhorn.

(I'm sorry, I'm still bitter about that.)