2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 637 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
I am also a...bit...drunk

:laugh2: Good for you. Sometimes reading this thread I wish I was too lol.

Lol. So much trying to push the “conspiracy” thing again, relax dude.
Simple answer. I believe he’s not fitting the requirements to do his job. I don’t care whether those were honest mistakes, he pushed the wrong button, sat on his computer, or he was biased. As a fan, I don’t have to think about it, it’s not of importance to me.
All I see, is that he’s not doing his job properly, and that’s enough to call him unqualified in my eyes.

But he‘s not the only one on the technical panel making the decision, is he?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
:laugh2: Good for you. Sometimes reading this thread I wish I was too lol.

But he‘s not the only one on the technical panel making the decision, is he?

Mkay, he, and his colleagues were all horrible today. Bad job all three!

P.s. maybe they (tech panel) were all drunk though. It’s France after all, all the good wine, it was late in the evening. Would explain a lot. Sigh.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Interview with Aliona

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4YHcFWpemL/?igshid=1kz2fmbqxiskw

”You beat Zagitova today, how do you feel about that? Sad or happy?“

“I really can‘t answer this question as Alina is a great sportsman. She won all competitions, you cannot even imagine! And I‘m very happy that she‘s on the podium too.“

Really love her and Alina‘s sportsmanship so far! Great to see.

As for Aliona... something that might be overlooked because her skating is so very impressive but... her speaking English during the interviews impresses me so much as well. Like, she‘s so young and it‘s obvious that this is largely self-taught English that isn‘t perfect yet. And yet she still goes for it and tries and isn‘t afraid of making mistakes. This takes guts. Maybe not the same as trying a 3A on bad ice but a different kind that‘s still admirable. Overall, I‘m very proud to be her fan today. :)

She's a remarkable young lady. They all are. Wonderful ambassadors for their sport, every one of them.

Alyona got very upset and frustrated with herself during her practices in France, but my word you wouldn't even know it with that FS. She is tougher than she seems, I was worried for her after hearing she cried again at practice before the FS, but she came through.
Hopefully now she has her first GP victory in the bag, her nerves will lessen and she believes on herself more.

pearly

Record Breaker
Let’s also not pretend calling Aliona’s flip is not funny. On one hand, Aliona can consider this a compliment, lmao :D
That’s as far as for an obvious mistake/questionable call.
Let’s also not pretend the amount of calls for Alina and Kaori is not mind boggling. I don’t agree with them, I have my right to do so. I don’t think tech panel did a great job on this event, that’s just my opinion.

I wasn't talking about Alena's flip at all. Earlier in the thread I wrote that particular call was not very obvious to me. Several posters wrote that edge and UR calls were ridiculous, but I think anyone who knows what to look for can agree that some are on point. You just wrote flip and lutz and there have been a lot of Lz calls over the past two days and if you're talking about Alena's SP lutz - I have reviewed so many I don't remember that one.

I have not reviewed Kaori's jumps at all, but for Alina's, the 2nd Lz in the free is obvious. The first one not so much from those angles. Not sure if you and others who commented the edge calls were not right meant absolutely all of them or just some.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Mkay, he, and his colleagues were all horrible today. Bad job all three!

P.s. maybe they (tech panel) were all drunk though. It’s France after all, all the good wine, it was late in the evening. Would explain a lot. Sigh.

Drunk on the wine and too stuffed from all the delicious French food to do a good job maybe.

I'm distracted just thinking about buttery croissants and silly amounts of garlic (not on the same plate obviously).

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Within a short single post, we have Alyona, Mariah, Kaori and Zagitova? We had this from another poster here recently, who was rightly castigated by almost every respondent for evident disrespect but persisted in defending the indefensible. Strangely enough, it was the same skater who bore the brunt of the disrespect (forgetfulness / randomness / whatever the excuse was).

"...and was low balled somewhat..."
This is the sort of phraseology in others' posts that has ludicrously drawn accusations of "conspiracy theories" in more than a dozen posts on the preceding pages, along with reminders that c. theorising is not permitted by the rules here. Let's leave others to draw their conclusions.

I was only referring to the four best programs of the FS, I'm not bringing up skaters who were not even there.

Oh wait do you mean because I said Zagitova and not Alina? Sorry, I am a bit drunk and two skaters with similar first names is a bit beyond me at the moment, I would have messed that up. I'm lucky I have auto correct and a lot of names stored in its memory or the name butchering would be ridiculously sky high.

I don't believe Kaori's low marks were a conspiracy, I think the judges were harsh on her just as they were on others. No conspiracy necessary

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Very strange that the US skater , Mariah, holds the US flag and represents her country. The 2 Russians represent Eteri. 😂

Fluture

Record Breaker
What?

I'm confused... although that could be the alcohol

If you want to hear some friendly advise: Go to sleep. :laugh:

Very strange that the US skater , Mariah, holds the US flag and represents her country. The 2 Russians represent Eteri. 😂

Oh dear, now I can‘t unsee it. :laugh2: Well, to be fair it is the Russian flag they‘re holding, just with Team Tutberidze and their pictures on it. I found it cute lol but it‘s definitely funny as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interview with Aliona

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4YHcFWpemL/?igshid=1kz2fmbqxiskw

”You beat Zagitova today, how do you feel about that? Sad or happy?“

“I really can‘t answer this question as Alina is a great sportsman. She won all competitions, you cannot even imagine! And I‘m very happy that she‘s on the podium too.“

Really love her and Alina‘s sportsmanship so far! Great to see.

As for Aliona... something that might be overlooked because her skating is so very impressive but... her speaking English during the interviews impresses me so much as well. Like, she‘s so young and it‘s obvious that this is largely self-taught English that isn‘t perfect yet. And yet she still goes for it and tries and isn‘t afraid of making mistakes. This takes guts. Maybe not the same as trying a 3A on bad ice but a different kind that‘s still admirable. Overall, I‘m very proud to be her fan today. :)

She is unbelievable! Alina too.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘ve just wondered which exhibition Aliona will do? Anna and Sasha kept theirs from last season, I think, but Aliona‘s was Twilight and it was made into her FS, so it can‘t be that. She also can‘t recycle her old SP and use it as an exhibition because it‘s her competitive SP this season. So I really do wonder if she will get a new one? Maybe to the music they‘d initially planned her FS to? Or she could just skate an older junior program of hers, I suppose...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thank you for this compliment :agree:
(BTW one of my friends characterized me once -not completely in a positive sense - as a person who in dispute digs the trench and never retreats from the position. So when I decided to be a fan of 4A, I'm fulfilling my duty.)

For sure! Keep digging the trenches. ;)

I just can't believe how great these 4A girls are! And at one time too.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Unable to sleep and musing over Sofia's chances of a medal at CoC and a Russian sweep.
I doubt it somehow, she's struggling this season and her previous consistency absent. I'd love for her to do well and nail it though.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes. They all are. Like the great Ted Barton said on Twitter: “It is a golden era of Russian figure skating. We are lucky to see it all.“ :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedBarton7/status/1190751585992790016

Ted is right. It's unbelievable. I hope they all remain friends but the competition is going to get crazy in the next few years. It's going to get like Zhenya and Alina in 2018 except between 4 incredible young ladies not just 2. Then you add evgenia Liza Sofia Stanislava and all the Anastasias and we will have a lot to talk about on this forum in the coming years just among the Russian ladies. Then there is Kamila lurking in the shadows.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I‘ve just wondered which exhibition Aliona will do? Anna and Sasha kept theirs from last season, I think, but Aliona‘s was Twilight and it was made into her FS, so it can‘t be that. She also can‘t recycle her old SP and use it as an exhibition because it‘s her competitive SP this season. So I really do wonder if she will get a new one? Maybe to the music they‘d initially planned her FS to? Or she could just skate an older junior program of hers, I suppose...

I wouldn’t mind seeing her short program from the 2017-2018 season again:)

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Ted is right. It's unbelievable. I hope they all remain friends but the competition is going to get crazy in the next few years. It's going to get like Zhenya and Alina in 2018 except between 4 incredible young ladies not just 2. Then you add evgenia Liza Sofia Stanislava and all the Anastasias and we will have a lot to talk about on this forum in the coming years just among the Russian ladies. Then there is Kamila lurking in the shadows.

And a few more too! Darya Usacheva, Ksenia Sinitsyna (who is reeling in high scores in Juniors without a quad or 3A), Viktoria Vasilieva (not as good PCS wise but can improve, I love her jumps) and Maiia Khromykh (if she is able to overcome her consistency issues).

Scott512

Record Breaker
And a few more too! Darya Usacheva, Ksenia Sinitsyna (who is reeling in high scores in Juniors without a quad or 3A), Viktoria Vasilieva (not as good PCS wise but can improve, I love her jumps) and Maiia Khromykh (if she is able to overcome her consistency issues).

And little Zhilina too! I wish the Russian boys and men were doing better but it is what it is. The girls and women are just off-the-charts unreal.