2019-20 Ladies' power ranking | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Ladies' power ranking

Tavi...

Record Breaker
And by highest scoring do you mean her total score or just the free skate score?

Did you look at the ISU SB scores that were just posted? Currently, Medvedeva’s total score is higher than Tuktamysheva’s or Zagitova’s.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
My list (not including the 3A):

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Rika Kihira
3. Evgenia Medvedeva
3T. Kaori Sakamoto
5. Elisabet Tursynbaeva
6. Bradie Tennell
6T. Liza Tuktamysheva
8. Satoko Miyahara
9. Mai Mihara
10. Sofia Samodurova

I'd put Alena at ~3, Sasha at ~5, and Anna at ~8, although they may surprise me.

New list assuming Elizabet is out for the season:

1. Alexandra Trusova
2. Alena Kosternaia
3. Rika Kihira
4. Alina Zagitova
5. Evgenia Medvedeva
5T. Bradie Tennell
5T. Anna Shcherbakova
8. Mariah Bell
8T. Kaori Sakamoto
8T. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
8T. Young You

Not too different from samkrit's list except I have Rika lower due to me not seeing her really beat Alena in either PCS or TES (but still higher than the rest if the tech panel remains strict), Evgenia a bit higher due to her eternal PCS and obvious domestic support, Anna a bit lower due to my skepticism that she'll be clean every competiton, and Satoko off the list altogether because I think she'll never get the PCS she deserves and without that she doesn't have much to offer to the judges (painful, since I love her, but...)

ec00834

On the Ice
Did you look at the ISU SB scores that were just posted? Currently, Medvedeva’s total score is higher than Tuktamysheva’s or Zagitova’s.

Sorry I forgot about Autumn Classic. Too bad she won't have a chance at GPF this season :(

ruga

Final Flight
My list after seeing all top ladies in competition (based on how judges are likely to rank them):

PCS
1. Zagitova
2. Medvedeva
3. Kostornaia
4. Kihira
5. Miyahara
6. Tennell
-6. Shcherbakova
7. Bell
8. Sakamoto
9. Trusova
10. You
-10. Tuktamysheva
5-8 are all in 68-70 zone, so their PCS will depend on how many mistakes they make.

TES
1. Trusova
2. Shcherbakova
3. Kostornaia
4. Kihira
5. You
6. Tuktamysheva
7. Zagitova
8. Medvedeva
9. Tennell
10. Sakamoto
-10. Bell
11. Miyahara
So far, I don't know where to put Alina since she only did one serious competition and got a bunch of calls there. She could go above You, but if underrotations and edge calls remain, she will go down a few places.

ruga

Final Flight
But haven’t most these skaters done only one competition- aside from Bradie? Alina is no exception.
Most skaters have done a challenger as well. She did Japan Open, but it had only the free program and the judging at IDF was very strict, while most challengers/GPs had pretty standard judging. Although we'll have to wait until the end of GPs to get a clearer ranking. For example, I'm not too sure how You and Miyahara should place either.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Most skaters have done a challenger as well. She did Japan Open, but it had only the free program and the judging at IDF was very strict, while most challengers/GPs had pretty standard judging. Although we'll have to wait until the end of GPs to get a clearer ranking. For example, I'm not too sure how You and Miyahara should place either.

Depends how consistent Young You's 3A is, she scored huge in the SP at Skate Canada but fell on it in the FS, still her scores was decent enough and she's a threat.
Sakoto Miyahara is more dependant on lenient judging and tech panel if she faces ones like France, she will get absolutely hosed by URs.

starla16

Medalist
Tennell and Mariah are on equal footing both scoring the same
It matters only who will be the tech controller and political backing which of these two will be us no.1 for at least 1 more year.

My Ranking

1 Trusova
2 Kostornaia
3 Shcherbakova
4 Zagitova
5 Kihira
6 Medvedeva
7 You
8 Tuktamysheva
9 Tennell
10 Bell

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
1 Trusova
2 Kostornaia
3 Shcherbakova
4 Zagitova
5 Kihira
6 Tuktamysheva
7 Tennell
8 Sakamoto
9 You
10 Medvedeva

VenusHalley

Final Flight
1. Trusova
with her quadzilla FS, she is unbeatable

2-5. Kihira - depending if she gets her Lz back and if she can do (even underrotated) 4S

2.-5. Scherbakova - Her 4Lz seems to be stable now, but she seems prone to mistakes still

2-5. Kostornaya - she now has 3A and lovely skating, but maybe repeat program from juniors and twilight program might hold her back a bit in eyes of judges

2. - 5. Zagitova - She is Olympic champion alright, but there are new kids on the bloc, so judges may not be willing to ignore URs. Lost a point to stupidity in planning of her program... but... at the same time possibly had fall ignored in FS. Imho, that was a fall.... but seems in much better headspace this year and no random pops so far.

6. You - 3A and gaining momentum. Is exciting in her skating

7-8. Medvedeva - Plagued by Vs on spins and various blips. At this point it is not a fluke anymore. It might be combination of mental issues and injuries, but it is no good :(

7 - 8. Tukta - I really like her, but it seems she has been dumped by judges

9. Bell - very much improved

10. Sakamoto - she seems underappreciated, but I think she has a chance to pull it off in the end. But does not have the big elements and hype.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
1. Trusova
with her quadzilla FS, she is unbeatable

2-5. Kihira - depending if she gets her Lz back and if she can do (even underrotated) 4S

2.-5. Scherbakova - Her 4Lz seems to be stable now, but she seems prone to mistakes still

2-5. Kostornaya - she now has 3A and lovely skating, but maybe repeat program from juniors and twilight program might hold her back a bit in eyes of judges

2. - 5. Zagitova - She is Olympic champion alright, but there are new kids on the bloc, so judges may not be willing to ignore URs. Lost a point to stupidity in planning of her program... but... at the same time possibly had fall ignored in FS. Imho, that was a fall.... but seems in much better headspace this year and no random pops so far.

6. You - 3A and gaining momentum. Is exciting in her skating

7-8. Medvedeva - Plagued by Vs on spins and various blips. At this point it is not a fluke anymore. It might be combination of mental issues and injuries, but it is no good :(

7 - 8. Tukta - I really like her, but it seems she has been dumped by judges

9. Bell - very much improved

10. Sakamoto - she seems underappreciated, but I think she has a chance to pull it off in the end. But does not have the big elements and hype.

I actually like the term quadzilla xD
Can’t help it, Trusova is indeed a quadzilla, smashing that TES in the free.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think Young You is a very talented jumper, she was landing 4Lz, also apparently 4S as well. However, maybe it’s hard for her to gain consistency on those elements. On the other hand, after adding 3A she became pretty much extra consistent on her other triples, something she wasn’t quite capable of doing as a junior.
She needs time, maybe in a few years we’ll see quads and 3A from her, but she’s really talented.

starla16

Medalist
I think Young You is a very talented jumper, she was landing 4Lz, also apparently 4S as well. However, maybe it’s hard for her to gain consistency on those elements. On the other hand, after adding 3A she became pretty much extra consistent on her other triples, something she wasn’t quite capable of doing as a junior.
She needs time, maybe in a few years we’ll see quads and 3A from her, but she’s really talented.

her height is the issue she grew alot, you need fast rotation to land quads.
she either needs to gain more muscle not fats to help her with rotation in the future or stay thin like Scherbakova but then again Sherbakovas mother is super skinny so its all genetics.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I've been thinking about this today: as we continue looking towards Worlds, with the quad limitation in the SP, the best thing that non-triple axel, non-Russian skaters can do to help themselves is to do really well in the SP in hopes of skating as late in the final group as possible to force larger PCS gaps. If they're really lucky and Anna/Sasha make mistakes, they could push them into the second half of the second-to-last group. There are realistically only so many skaters that can be ahead of Anna/Sasha after the SP. Aliona, Rika, and You have the triple axels and if they land them, that's basically half of the final group filled. Skaters like Kaori (when she's peaking), Mariah, and Bradie could do well enough in the SP to maybe compete for some of the other spots. Maybe Eunsoo too if she can get her jumps back and consistent.

Of course, if Anna and Sasha land all or most of their quads, there's not much that can be done, but this seems like the best gameplan for skaters that can't upgrade their tech content this season. This would also really help Rika and Aliona, who are closer to the quadsters in scores and for whom medals may be decided more on the margins of PCS/GOE/deductions for falls. Ironically, there are many skaters right now that are making errors in the SP and doing much better in the FS.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Here's mine:
1. Alexandra Trusova
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Rika Kihira
4. Alena Kostornaia
5. Anna Shcherbakova
6. Elizabet Tursynbaeva
7. Evgenia Medvedeva
8. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
9. Young You
10. Satoko Miyahara

My rankings may or may not be a little biased towards Alena, I can't help it lol. She is my favorite skater :)

Now that most of the ladies have competed once, here is my rankings:
1. Alexandra Trusova
2. Alena Kostornaia
3. Rika Kihira
4. Anna Shcherbakova
5. Alina Zagitova
6. You Young
7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
8. Bradie Tennell
9. Evgenia Medvedeva
10. Mariah Bell