2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 683 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Three years ago. Going to the airport. Flight to Delhi. Then we move to Kathmandu.
Just started out of my friend's yard... A little touched someone else's car. Signaling. An old man wants to see what's wrong with his car, then a woman... then some other people ..... then Sasha Trusova. We crashed Sasha's grandfather's car. Sasha lives in the same house with my friend.

This year, on October 30, after returning from Sikkim, I stopped at this house, wanted to give tea from Darjeeling to my friend. Oh, my God.. I meet Sasha again. Ask her When 3A? Answer... Initially, 4F, want 5 quads in FS.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It'll be really sad if Guliakova doesn't qualify for RusNats. She was really unlucky when she didn't get a 2nd JGP spot after getting the silver behind Trusova in her 1st one in the 2017/2018 season.

When it comes to Tsibinova, I wonder what the reasoning behind sending her to Tallin Tropy over CS Warsaw Cup is. Somebody posted a quote from Davydov saying that they wanted to try to get a Challenger spot for her. This means they were ready to pay for it. Poland is not far from Estonia too.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
#TeamTutberidzeForProgress'...

I'm sorry, but this hashtag is making me giggle insanely, it makes Eteri sound like the leader of a particularly dodgy political party... can we have similar one for other teams?

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Three years ago. Going to the airport. Flight to Delhi. Then we move to Kathmandu.
Just started out of my friend's yard... A little touched someone else's car. Signaling. An old man wants to see what's wrong with his car, then a woman... then some other people ..... then Sasha Trusova. We crashed Sasha's grandfather's car. Sasha lives in the same house with my friend.

This year, on October 30, after returning from Sikkim, I stopped at this house, wanted to give tea from Darjeeling to my friend. Oh, my God.. I meet Sasha again. Ask her When 3A? Answer... Initially, 4F, want 5 quads in FS.
This can't be true surely, are you telling the truth??
I mean that you've met Sasha twice and spoken to her...
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
1) discussion whether Italian person who lives in the US is American
2) discussion of Satoko Miyahara's jumps (and artistry???)
3) something about FIFA???
4) discussion whether people are corrupt and stupid
5) discussion about what Eastern European means
6) then something about Roger Federer
7) maybe there was something about Russian ladies as well can't recall now
8) a discussion in Russian but it has been deleted

I understand that you tried to bring some comic relief here but as you referred to my post I have to correct it because my point was different. Namely, it was that a person who moved to the US 15 years ago who not just lives there but who was/is the director of the US Olympic Center Skating School near New York, whose full citizenship status we don't know so that in addition to Italian he might have American citizenship by now (when you live and work in the US for 15 years and plan to stay further getting the US citizenship makes sense) this person is likely to be biased towards American skaters. And he was in the TP team at Skate America where Bradie received unusually mild treatment of her URs vs. tough Tuktamysheva's calls. That was my point - it's a bit different from what you wrote.

Russian hockey players keep getting US citizenships like it were no tomorrow. Malkin is the latest. We still think of them as the Russians - at least we hope that they think about themselves like that.

ruga

Final Flight

Wanting 5 quads is very Sasha-like so I believe you :) and we have already seen her land one, albeit some time ago.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Wanting 5 quads is very Sasha-like so I believe you :) and we have already seen her land one, albeit some time ago.

I‘m waiting for that 3A though. It would be a game over for everyone else, probably the most massive shock for ladies who are hoping of winning over her with the margin in the short.
:D
She’s an alien, so I know she’ll get that 3A this season. :)

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
I‘m waiting for that 3A though. It would be a game over for everyone else, probably the most massive shock for ladies who are hoping of winning over her with the margin in the short.
:D
She’s an alien, so I know she’ll get that 3A this season. :)

Sasha will show another surprise.

ruga

Final Flight
I understand that you tried to bring some comic relief here but as you referred to my post I have to correct it because my point was different. Namely, it was that a person who moved to the US 15 years ago who not just lives there but who was/is the director of the US Olympic Center Skating School near New York, whose full citizenship status we don't know so that in addition to Italian he might have American citizenship by now (when you live and work in the US for 15 years and plan to stay further getting the US citizenship makes sense) this person is likely to be biased towards American skaters. And he was in the TP team at Skate America where Bradie received unusually mild treatment of her URs vs. tough Tuktamysheva's calls. That was my point - it's a bit different from what you wrote.

Russian hockey players keep getting US citizenships like it were no tomorrow. Malkin is the latest. We still think of them as the Russians - at least we hope that they think about themselves like that.

Yea just a comic summary :) other points were out of context as well, they are kind of related to the topic if you read everything from the beginning, but for a new or disconnected member all of that would be overwhelming.

Most immigrants I know are not particularly patriotic of the country they immigrated to, but who knows about anyone else. The panel in SkAm was pretty weird though (they took underrotated triple for a double (for Tennell, not sure if that helped or harmed her), if it's not strange then I don't know what is). Well, we can't change anything now. Let's look forward to Rostelecom and NHK (and smaller competitions as well)! Can't wait to see Sasha and Zhenya, it seems I will be able to watchi it live so I'm excited.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

So maybe he sees himself as still Italian.

So what if he does/did work as a director at an American skating school or that he lives there. It literally means nothing.

Clearly he identifies as Italian as that is the nationality he is listed as by the ISU.

Speculation that living in the US and working with a skating school there gives him any bias is just that, your own baseless assertion.

I lived in the USA for 3 years, I suppose I must be biased too? Even skated (recreationally) there too!

Amei

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4rGo3FplS9/ Anna got the message and trying to fix her Lutz :biggrin: (This is not a good idea though... )

All that video proves is that she can do the lutz with an outside edge it's just doing it consistently in competition. The good thing for Shcherbakova though is that in the big competitions coming up, GPF and Nationals - if the judges are calling her on an unclear edge then Zagitova and Kostornaia most likely should be getting called as well and her unclear edges are on higher BV elements so she should still have a technical point advantage.

Out of curiosity, why do you say its not a good idea though for them to work on her edges? She was dinged on all of her lutz jumps at this competition while some of them (based on the view that I got, I know judges get a different view) were questionable calls, it's still something to work on being more consistent about being more on an outside edge.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why was it deleted twice? El Henry is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQ3MZVmENM Why was it deleted twice? Or did I write in Russian? El Henry is for you. I would like to know your opinion....

Thank you, unfortunately I am not anywhere that I can watch a video now, but when I am, I will get back to you.

I am very glad that you got to speak with one of your favorite skaters.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
It'll be really sad if Guliakova doesn't qualify for RusNats. She was really unlucky when she didn't get a 2nd JGP spot after getting the silver behind Trusova in her 1st one in the 2017/2018 season.
- maybe Tsibinova
When it comes to Tsibinova, I wonder what the reasoning behind sending her to Tallin Tropy over CS Warsaw Cup is. Somebody posted a quote from Davydov saying that they wanted to try to get a Challenger spot for her. This means they were ready to pay for it. Poland is not far from Estonia too.

There is still a small chance for Gulyakova to Q for RusNats. One scenario could be that Sotskova WD and then she has a chance.

When it comes to Tsbinova I don't understand why she isn't getting a Challenger. She surely deserves it. We don't know about Golden Spin yet though, I would be furious:furious: if they don't send three Russian ladies there... My guess for Golden Spin is Gubanova, Leonova and one more - maybe Tsibinova?

DenissVFan

Medalist
There is still a small chance for Gulyakova to Q for RusNats. One scenario could be that Sotskova WD and then she has a chance.

When it comes to Tsbinova I don't understand why she isn't getting a Challenger. She surely deserves it. We don't know about Golden Spin yet though, I would be furious:furious: if they don't send three Russian ladies there...

IMO 3 of Liza, Zhenya, Stastya and Sofia will get Golden Spin. They'll deserve it. It's just a pity RusFed wasted so many spots across many events, most notably at Nebelhorn. They're not making it easy to get out of Russia for 180-200 points skaters. Even a former World silver medalist Leonova can't get a Challenger.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

When it comes to Tsbinova I don't understand why she isn't getting a Challenger. She surely deserves it. We don't know about Golden Spin yet though, I would be furious:furious: if they don't send three Russian ladies there... My guess for Golden Spin is Gubanova, Leonova and one more - maybe Tsibinova?

I think it could be possible one of the ladies who are not in the GPF might go, they sometimes do.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but this hashtag is making me giggle insanely, it makes Eteri sound like the leader of a particularly dodgy political party... can we have similar one for other teams?

Lemme try (disclaimer, it’s just a joke, people, don’t take it seriously please)

#teamMishinforChanges (layout changes that is! :) )
#teamPanovaforawkwardK&C (what in the world was that VC situation)
#teamRukavitsynforacceptance (of all those who left their coaches)
#teamBuyanovafor... eh mhm...