2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1040 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

McBibus

On the Ice
From what I remember, it started when Anna fans were upset that she should have won grand Prix final so people (mostly reluctantly at that time imo) pointed out that if Alena should've been judged more strictly then Anna also should have been. Anna fans then retaliated that her edges are fine. It happened again after Euros and those that believe they are not fine have been getting more adamant about it as have those who believe they are fine. Now neither side will concede and we have this mess.

I got angry when that disgusting circus was on, but in the end they won't be able to let me hope anything but the best for Anna.
May the best girl win, i will enjoy both and any other girl I like to see on the ice.

If they can't appreciate Aliona it's their loss

Pantsu

On the Ice
Anna's Lutz looks exactly like the second example in the video you linked. The narrator states that it is "a less severe change of edge that is difficult to see in real-time". He also says that it the skater is may still be able to execute a good jump but it is considered of lesser quality.

Anna's jump is, in general, good but isu's own words would still consider it a change of edge.

Well, i agree that her edge changes from the outside to flat . Sometimes it looks a bit better, but in general i would call it flat
Yes, it is not as severe as a change to the inside

Fluture

Record Breaker
I got angry when that disgusting circus was on, but in the end they won't be able to let me hope anything but the best for Anna.
May the best girl win, i will enjoy both and any other girl I like to see on the ice.

If they can't appreciate Aliona it's their loss

Oh, yes, I remember that very well. I was driving home to the hotel, still absolutely giddy from the competition I‘d just seen and from Aliona winning only to read some of the absolutely disgusting comments in here stating how she didn‘t deserve to win. We all disagree with the judges sometimes but there‘s a way to state that without attacking the skater personally. I was angry then but got over it fairly quickly. You‘re right - if someone can‘t appreciate Aliona‘s skating. Their loss. They have no idea what they‘re missing. :p

Seeing these girls compete was one of the best moments ever and I love all three of them for different reasons and wish them all the best. I probably won‘t always agree with the judging but that doesn‘t change how I feel about them as competitors and skaters. They’re awesome. I really, really hope they manage to break the pattern and compete for a long time.

For Worlds, Anna is definitely the favorite, at least in my eyes. Her BV is just huge and if she’s in better form, she won’t make the mistakes she made at Euros. Aliona’s amazing and her quality, artistry and smoothness is really what makes her stand out but there‘s bound to come a time when either Sasha or Anna (or both) hit all their quads. And then they‘ll beat her. And even if I always root for Aliona the most, I‘ll be very happy for them then. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Oh, yes, I remember that very well. I was driving home to the hotel, still absolutely giddy from the competition I‘d just seen and from Aliona winning only to read some of the absolutely disgusting comments in here stating how she didn‘t deserve to win. We all disagree with the judges sometimes but there‘s a way to state that without attacking the skater personally. I was angry then but got over it fairly quickly. You‘re right - if someone can‘t appreciate Aliona‘s skating. Their loss. They have no idea what they‘re missing. :p

Seeing these girls compete was one of the best moments ever and I love all three of them for different reasons and wish them all the best. I probably won‘t always agree with the judging but that doesn‘t change how I feel about them as competitors and skaters. They’re awesome. I really, really hope they manage to break the pattern and compete for a long time.

For Worlds, Anna is definitely the favorite, at least in my eyes. Her BV is just huge and if she’s in better form, she won’t make the mistakes she made at Euros. Aliona’s amazing and her quality, artistry and smoothness is really what makes her stand out but there‘s bound to come a time when either Sasha or Anna (or both) hit all their quads. And then they‘ll beat her. And even if I always root for Aliona the most, I‘ll be very happy for them then. :)

Even though they are brilliant it's agonizing to watch 3A compete against each other. Especially since many of us like all 3. But 2 of them will be suffering every major competition.

I'm just tired of reading about the lutze controversy. Just somebody start a thread about it in the edge and people can post their by the dozens.

McBibus

On the Ice

Aliona is well aware of that, and that she needs quads to stay in the gold game in the near future.
All 3 deserve gold cause all 3 are far above anything we saw until the start of the season with this scoring system, so let's say the 3A winner medal is made of platinum.

Unless we think there is real corruption we should accept the judges evaluation.
The girls give it all to win and they accept the score as part of the sport, so why can't we?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Aliona is well aware of that, and that she needs quads to stay in the gold game in the near future.
All 3 deserve gold cause all 3 are far above anything we saw until the start of the season with this scoring system, so let's say the 3A winner medal is made of platinum.

Unless we think there is real corruption we should accept the judges evaluation.
The girls give it all to win and they accept the score as part of the sport, so why can't we?
Why? Fans are fanatics. Passion often usurps facts and common sense. But these 3 great andnlikablebbgirls are so close scoring wisebability to win gold medal wise tha4 they create some tension with the fans more than it does between them.

GBs mom

Rinkside
This is probably a naive question, but perhaps there are others like me who are newer to following figure skating. What is the purpose of the Cup of Russia? I'm confused about the difference between that and Russian Nationals.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Anyone know when the final full list of entries for RCF will be published? I keep checking the federation website but they don’t have the ladies practice groups yet. Not interested in the preliminary lists or the news reports from last week, but just the final confirmed list. Thanks!

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
This is probably a naive question, but perhaps there are others like me who are newer to following figure skating. What is the purpose of the Cup of Russia? I'm confused about the difference between that and Russian Nationals.

It sort of Russian Grand Prix, Ladies without international assignments compete there. This year, top 5 gets into National Team.

But fame of this competition is tied to last year, when it was used to decide who would go to the worlds with 3rd quota. Konstantinova, Medvedeva and Tukhtamisheva competed there for it,with Medvedeva winning.

This year the competition doesn't carry much weight so everybody(at least,most) who has national team spot earned ignored it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anyone know when the final full list of entries for RCF will be published? I keep checking the federation website but they don’t have the ladies practice groups yet. Not interested in the preliminary lists or the news reports from last week, but just the final confirmed list. Thanks!

All of us are waiting for the definitive list of names: 12 juniors and 10 seniors

It probably means many contestants aren't quite sure of their need to participate?

The athletes hotel probably has sufficient rooms blocked.

Orlov

Medalist

Honestly? We don't know :) Only the stages of the Russian Cup are important - the list of participants of Nationals is determined on their basis. The final of the Russian Cup occurs only as a natural, logical conclusion of the stages - " if there is a series, then there must be a final, as in the Grand Prix". So, it's not very popular. But last year, special circumstances led to increased attention to this, usually not very significant competition (in the Russian fan community, it is now a meme - "FСR is the most important competition in the Universe!"). In the wake of last year's attention, people are talking a lot about it, I guess.

In addition, every year in Russia there are more and more ladies skaters who do not get to the main competitions, but who have a large fan base. Who want to see them somewhere. And the FCR is suitable for this. So you can predict the growth of the popularity of the FCR among both skaters and fans. (I saw in the fan community directly voiced opinions that Alina, Zhenya, and Liza should have performed at the FCR)

Kamila Valieva, the Junior leader and the most likely contender for the JWC gold, will also participate in the FCR. (She only does this because she missed several competitions due to an injury). I think it also increases the fan's attention.

Albus

Match Penalty
There is no any Russian nationals, use proper naming please.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Honestly? We don't know :) Only the stages of the Russian Cup are important - the list of participants of Nationals is determined on their basis. The final of the Russian Cup occurs only as a natural, logical conclusion of the stages - " if there is a series, then there must be a final, as in the Grand Prix". So, it's not very popular. But last year, special circumstances led to increased attention to this, usually not very significant competition (in the Russian fan community, it is now a meme - "FСR is the most important competition in the Universe!"). In the wake of last year's attention, people are talking a lot about it, I guess.

In addition, every year in Russia there are more and more ladies skaters who do not get to the main competitions, but who have a large fan base. Who want to see them somewhere. And the FCR is suitable for this. So you can predict the growth of the popularity of the FCR among both skaters and fans. (I saw in the fan community directly voiced opinions that Alina, Zhenya, and Liza should have performed at the FCR)

Kamila Valieva, the Junior leader and the most likely contender for the JWC gold, will also participate in the FCR. (She only does this because she missed several competitions due to an injury). I think it also increases the fan's attention.

In general, everything is correct. In addition, this is a loud title in itself, although it is really worthless. :) In addition to this, this tournament takes place at the end of the season, shortly before the World Senior and Junior Championships. This is often a kind of rehearsal for the younger, first going to the world championship. (Sasha Trusova first clean landed her 4S here just before JWC18) and the opportunity to end the season for the best elders who do not go to the Worlds.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
In general, everything is correct. In addition, this is a loud title in itself, although it is really worthless. :) In addition to this, this tournament takes place at the end of the season, shortly before the World Senior and Junior Championships. This is often a kind of rehearsal for the younger, first going to the world championship. (Sasha Trusova first clean landed her 4S here just before JWC18) and the opportunity to end the season for the best elders who do not go to the Worlds.

But Kogan already said that Valiyeva won't compete in the Cup Finals.

Well, only a couple of hours before the satart lists should be finalised. Tomorrow already first competition day in ice dance. Wednesday arrival day and training for the singles.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
But Kogan already said that Valiyeva won't compete in the Cup Finals.

Well, only a couple of hours before the satart lists should be finalised. Tomorrow already first competition day in ice dance. Wednesday arrival day and training for the singles.

I want my Rukavicin girls to be there! Go Gubanova, Nugumanova and Talalaykina!:luv17:

NaVi

Medalist
I've thought along these lines for a while, but Jonathan Beyer commented how none(or almost none) of the Russian juniors were doing anything purely classical. I think classical music requires the skater to add more interpretation onto which is probably a good thing to practice.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The Challenger Series was created in the 2014-2015 season. Here is a chance for skaters that are not competing at GPs to get on the Seasons Best List.

It consists of 10 events per season (2016-2017 only 9)

That means RusFed has a chance to send 3 skaters each event and that makes 30 spots available.
But that is not what RusFed does...

This is how many spots Rusfed have used each season:

2015: 8 spots by 4 skaters
2016: 17 spots by 10 skaters
2017: 15 spots by 9 skaters
2018: 19 spots by 11 skaters
2019: 16 spots by 12 skaters
2020: 14 spots by 10 skaters

Why doesn't RusFed send more girls to Challengers? Is it a funding thing? It seems that Mishin girls get more Challengers than others, Tuktamysheva has been very busy and done 3 events almost every year, Samodurova also did three this season.

This year - Zagitova, Tarakanova, Vasilieva, Guliakova, Shulskaya, Gubanova, Tsibinova, Talalaykina and Gracheva didn't get any Challenger events but they did all compete at RusNats (except for the first three WD). Leonova also used to do 2 events but the last two seasons she hasn't.