2022 US Stars on Ice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 US Stars on Ice

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hoping to go to the boston show! Last time I went to the Providence show and paid wayyy too much money for my seats (+ m&g). Boston is a lot closer. I know some more skaters will likely be added to the show (like in 2018 a few skaters got added later).

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't get why they never do any shows in Virginia, DC or Maryland. That's a large population they're missing. Yet there are shows in Hershey and Allentown, which are relatively close?
Hershey and Allentown are a 2-3 hour drive apart depending on traffic.

Also, they used to do a show in either DC or Baltimore but that's up to the venues. The show in Hershey usually gets the DC/MD/VA fans. VA fans might go to NC this time around. Who knows?!

magictodo

On the Ice
Yeah, I guess I see 2-3 hours as essentially the same area, considering the popularity of figure skating now. Feel like Allentown and Hershey surely must cannibalize some of the same audience. I went to the Reading show in 2019 and it was maybe 1/3 full. Stars on Ice hasn't come to DC in the 12+ years I've lived here, and I've only been able to travel to one show because I couldn't usually get time off during the week. I'm just surprised with all of the 8,000-10,000 seat venues in VA and Maryland (plus larger arenas throughout the three) that they haven't booked one date.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I guess I see 2-3 hours as essentially the same area, considering the popularity of figure skating now. Feel like Allentown and Hershey surely must cannibalize some of the same audience. I went to the Reading show in 2019 and it was maybe 1/3 full. Stars on Ice hasn't come to DC in the 12+ years I've lived here, and I've only been able to travel to one show because I couldn't usually get time off during the week. I'm just surprised with all of the 8,000-10,000 seat venues in VA and Maryland (plus larger arenas throughout the three) that they haven't booked one date.

Hershey and Allentown will cannibalize some of the same audience, although Allentown is an hour closer to most of Philadelphia.

Newark will cannibalize a lot of Allentown, as the Lehigh Valley is pretty much a straight shot down 78 from North Jersey, and may have otherwise gotten some of that audience.

So I think this is related, just completely guessing, to the cost and availability of the arena. Allentown will probably be 1/3 full (selfishly, fine by me ;)) but if the arena is 1/2 the cost of a DC arena, well it makes sense (And I have no idea if it does, I'm making this up.)

I feel for the DC area fans. I won't drive to Hershey for SOI, so I don't blame them for not wanting to either. 🤷‍♀️

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, it has: At the then Verizon Center in 2011

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hershey and Allentown are a 2-3 hour drive apart depending on traffic.

Also, they used to do a show in either DC or Baltimore but that's up to the venues. The show in Hershey usually gets the DC/MD/VA fans. VA fans might go to NC this time around. Who knows?!
The shows in Hershey also draw from the huge amount of tourists that go to Hershey Park and the Chocolate Factory next to it, They are all within walking distance of each other.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The shows in Hershey also draw from the huge amount of tourists that go the Hershey Park and the Chocolate Factory next to it, They are all within walking distance of each other.

When I was younger and loved hockey and lived in Philadelphia, my friends and I would travel two hours to the Hershey Arena to see the minor league team, the Hershey Bears.

It took me 30 years after that to realize the name was a play on "bar".:laugh:

b-man

Final Flight
As has been noted, the restrictions are COVID related. I agree with you that the M&G's main draw would have been to have photos with the skaters. I understand the need for precautions, but it is sad.

Also, even when they allowed photos at the M&Gs, at least in 2018, they would pair up the skaters. And the pairings were kind of random, at least to me. I think Jason was at a table with Bradie.(?) So you couldn't get a photo with Jason or Bradie alone, it had to be both.

Still, I am really hoping the show goes off. My venue is a fairly new arena and my seats were great for seeing the action. Taken for what it is, it's a good time. :)
I went to post Olympic tours in 2010, 2014 and 2018, but only to M & G in 2014. It was limited to about 75 fans. There were no lines or tables, just the fans were ushered into a room, and the skaters entered and mingled. So you could walk up to the skater you preferred, chat and get a photo. It lasted about 35-40 minutes, giving fans time to meet most of the skaters. It was well worth the price for me. I am not so sure about the covid era M & G.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went to post Olympic tours in 2010, 2014 and 2018, but only to M & G in 2014. It was limited to about 75 fans. There were no lines or tables, just the fans were ushered into a room, and the skaters entered and mingled. So you could walk up to the skater you preferred, chat and get a photo. It lasted about 35-40 minutes, giving fans time to meet most of the skaters. It was well worth the price for me. I am not so sure about the covid era M & G.

I think there was a line because they had just opened the M&G room? Also, and my memory could be way off, I think the M&G room was part of the "club section" overlooking the arena, so even with limited entry, not a large area.

I agree the M&G sounds like it is worth it in "normal" times.

fs_fan98

Rinkside
Did presale tickets already sell out for Anaheim? On the SOI website, tickets are available for every location but Anaheim and they aren't on sale on ticket master either!

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Well, I was going to buy tickets until it added on $81 in service fees for three tickets. I knew there would be a service charge added but that’s ridiculous. And the PPL Center in Allentown doesn’t provide a seating chart that includes the On Ice seats. It’s just a seat number with no indication of where these seats are in the arena.

b-man

Final Flight
I went on to buy for Cleveland, site said I needed an access code? Anyone know about access code?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I was going to buy tickets until it added on $81 in service fees for three tickets. I knew there would be a service charge added but that’s ridiculous. And the PPL Center in Allentown doesn’t provide a seating chart that includes the On Ice seats. It’s just a seat number with no indication of where these seats are in the arena.

Wow. I remember I was not happy with the online ordering system for PPL, but I could not remember why.:(

Luckily for me, I live four miles from the arena, am retired, and will do what I did last time: take a trip to downtown Allentown sometime after the sales open up and buy from the box office. And get an old school paper ticket. :biggrin:
I went on to buy for Cleveland, site said I needed an access code? Anyone know about access code?

The presale code is NATHAN, I think?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Did presale tickets already sell out for Anaheim? On the SOI website, tickets are available for every location but Anaheim and they aren't on sale on ticket master either!
I just checked the tickets and it says it starts at 10:00 am PST, so it will open for tickets in 12 minutes. I'm torn as to whether get the tickets right now or wait. I wonder if there might be a sale offer later or not. Decisions, decisions.

b-man

Final Flight
The presale code is NATHAN, I think?
Thanks, presale code worked. Got a center section aisle seat in row 2, really row 3 as there is a row on the ice. Also got a M & G ticket which may or may not be fun with the stringent rules. Seat barcodes are to be sent electronically through the seatgeek app, similar to what was done at Skate America. No paper tickets. (This old man feels more comfortable with paper in hand.)

b-man

Final Flight
I just checked the tickets and it says it starts at 10:00 am PST, so it will open for tickets in 12 minutes. I'm torn as to whether get the tickets right now or wait. I wonder if there might be a sale offer later or not. Decisions, decisions.
I think highly unlikely there will be a sale offer, also unlikely these arenas will sell out. Buy now if you want better seat selection, or if want a meet/greet ticket which usually sold out pre covid.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think highly unlikely there will be a sale offer, also unlikely these arenas will sell out. Buy now if you want better seat selection, or if want a meet/greet ticket which usually sold out pre covid.
Well, I just bought them lol. Had trouble getting it to go through but finally it went through. I don't do the meet and greet, but happy to be able to choose end of the aisle seats for easy in and out. And boy ticketmaster's fees are so high. I usually order the year before and avoid those ticketmaster fees but no avoiding it this year I guess.

There seem to be multiple presale codes. I got one from Honda Center and from Stars on Ice. One code was: STARS2022 and the other was: SKATES