2022 US Stars on Ice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 US Stars on Ice

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. I remember I was not happy with the online ordering system for PPL, but I could not remember why.:(

Luckily for me, I live four miles from the arena, am retired, and will do what I did last time: take a trip to downtown Allentown sometime after the sales open up and buy from the box office. And get an old school paper ticket. :biggrin:

The presale code is NATHAN, I think?
Hmm, Mr. Chen better bring home that gold.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Kind of sad y ou don't hear skating in shows it seems (I am not in the know) including SOI Davis and White, Weaver and Poje, Virtue and Moir, JOannie Rochette - she is a doctor now, Kaetlyn Osmond, Patrick Chan, Evan Lysacek. :(

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone going to the NY tri-state area shows? I'm leaning towards Prudential Center in Newark - it's a Friday night 4/22. Easy PATH train ride there from the city. It's a decent venue, I saw U2 there a few years ago.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kind of sad y ou don't hear skating in shows it seems (I am not in the know) including SOI Davis and White, Weaver and Poje, Virtue and Moir, JOannie Rochette - she is a doctor now, Kaetlyn Osmond, Patrick Chan, Evan Lysacek. :(
D/W were the headliners of the SOI US tour for at least 12 years now, as well as other shows across the globe since their Olympic win. WeaPo have toured with SOI Canada for years, including this coming tour when it can safely happen, they also have done Scott Hamilton and Friends (last month) and pre-pandemic skated in both of Virtue/Moir's tours (IIRC). Virtue and Moir did shows around the globe as many years as D/W until they retired for Tessa to go to school and Scott to run his skating school (they were SOI Canada headliners many times). Kaetlyn has done SOI Canada for years as well as V/M's tours same for Chan (including the 2015 US SOI tour). Ditto for Lysacek with SOI. Rochette did SOI Canada and US tours up until at least 2014 IIRC.

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think Weaver/Poje are slated to be in the SOI Holiday show which I am going to in Duluth. Also Meryl/Charlie, Mirai, Ashley Wagner. Coming up on Dec. 19th.

jeb

Rinkside
Yes, this is only the initial line up, although as I recall the last time I attended in Allentown, there were three men on the actual tour: Nathan, Adam and Jason. Vincent was a "guest" skater in other cities, but not there.

And anyone going to Allentown, hit me up by PM. I am boostered up and, our world permitting, I will be there. :biggrin:
I may/may not be at the Allentown show (I live in the area)-depends on ticket cost and COVID status.

Teenes

On the Ice
Not sure it's been posted about here, but there are also 5 US shows in a holiday tour next week:
Dec. 12 - Comerica Center - Frisco, TX
Dec. 15 - H-E-B Center - Cedar Park, TX
Dec. 17 - United Wireless Arena - Dodge City, KS
Dec. 18 - TaxSlayer Center - Moline, IL
Dec. 19 - Amsoil Arena - Duluth, MN

Cast: Kurt Browning, Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Ilia Kulik, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu, Jeremy Abbott, Alissa Czisny, Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje, and Ryan Bradley
First 5 shows are the holiday shows, then the spring tour: https://www.starsonice.com/buy-tickets

There's 1 holiday show in Canada on Dec. 29 at the Westoba Place at the Keystone Centre in Brandon, MB with Kurt Browning, Kaetlyn Osmond, Jeffrey Buttle, Alissa Czisny, Shawn Sawyer, and Elladj Balde.

And, as mentioned above, the spring Canadian tour runs in parallel with the US tour (and Mirai Nagasu is listed in both casts, which is physically impossible given that many of the shows are on the same nights). Cast listed right now is Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Kaetlyn Osmond, Jeffrey Buttle, Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje, Meagan Duhamel & Dylan Moscovitch, Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny, and Elladj Balde.
Tour dates and ticket links (including Brandon holiday show): https://www.starsonice.ca/buy-tickets

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Not sure it's been posted about here, but there are also 5 US shows in a holiday tour next week:
Dec. 12 - Comerica Center - Frisco, TX
Dec. 15 - H-E-B Center - Cedar Park, TX
Dec. 17 - United Wireless Arena - Dodge City, KS
Dec. 18 - TaxSlayer Center - Moline, IL
Dec. 19 - Amsoil Arena - Duluth, MN

Cast: Kurt Browning, Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Ilia Kulik, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu, Jeremy Abbott, Alissa Czisny, Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje, and Ryan Bradley
First 5 shows are the holiday shows, then the spring tour: https://www.starsonice.com/buy-tickets

There's 1 holiday show in Canada on Dec. 29 at the Westoba Place at the Keystone Centre in Brandon, MB with Kurt Browning, Kaetlyn Osmond, Jeffrey Buttle, Alissa Czisny, Shawn Sawyer, and Elladj Balde.

And, as mentioned above, the spring Canadian tour runs in parallel with the US tour (and Mirai Nagasu is listed in both casts, which is physically impossible given that many of the shows are on the same nights). Cast listed right now is Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Kaetlyn Osmond, Jeffrey Buttle, Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje, Meagan Duhamel & Dylan Moscovitch, Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny, and Elladj Balde.
Tour dates and ticket links (including Brandon holiday show): https://www.starsonice.ca/buy-tickets
The Spring tour in Canada is a no go til further notice. So it's more likely that Mirai will stay on the US cast.

waxel

Final Flight
I am very late to this thread. Supposedly there is a show here in Dallas/Frisco this coming Sun. afternoon. I live here and have heard nothing at all about it. I just checked ticketmaster and there seem to be quite a few empty seats. Apparently they are doing a holiday semi-tour. Sorry that I wasn't aware earlier.

charmblade

Final Flight
Hmm I could go to either Providence or Boston. Might look into parking options and pricing but probably won’t buy tickets until closer to time due to Covid.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am very late to this thread. Supposedly there is a show here in Dallas/Frisco this coming Sun. afternoon. I live here and have heard nothing at all about it. I just checked ticketmaster and there seem to be quite a few empty seats. Apparently they are doing a holiday semi-tour. Sorry that I wasn't aware earlier.
They usually do 1-2 holiday shows in the NE right after Christmas one of them being Lake Placid. This year they're doing before Christmas in the Mid-West that usually never gets SOI anymore.

auser

Record Breaker
I'm tempted to get to the Honda Center in Anaheim, if only due to fond memories of 4CC 2019 in that same arena...:cry:

However, I tend to appreciate competitive programs more than exhibition programs, so I am a little hesitant about seeing something like this. I've seen a few galas, but this would be my first real ice show. (though does the Disney on Ice show I saw as a kid count?). There's not much difference, is there? Maybe it would be fun to bring a friend along...🤔
Yes, I saw the Rhythm Dance event at 2019 4CC in Anaheim and had a great time. I like the way most seats at Honda Center provide good views of the action on the ice. Plus I was able to travel by train there practically from my door(so no freeway traffic hassles). I will probably wait until closer to May to decide about attending SOI.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I saw the Rhythm Dance event at 2019 4CC in Anaheim and had a great time. I like the way most seats at Honda Center provide good views of the action on the ice. Plus I was able to travel by train there practically from my door(so no freeway traffic hassles). I will probably wait until closer to May to decide about attending SOI.
I went to 4CC 2019 just to see the men's free skate. (It was SO GOOD 😭😭😭) I went there on a road trip with a friend, but the train is a viable option for me as well. I had seats that were only a few rows away from the ice, so it's good to know that even seats that are farther away have good views as well. I was impressed by the palatial atmosphere of the Honda Center, what other arena has marble floors at the entrance? 😲 I too will probably be waiting until later to decide on attending. I'll definitely see if any friends or family members want to come along with me as well.

Grinkov

Rinkside
Yes, this is only the initial line up, although as I recall the last time I attended in Allentown, there were three men on the actual tour: Nathan, Adam and Jason. Vincent was a "guest" skater in other cities, but not there.

And anyone going to Allentown, hit me up by PM. I am boostered up and, our world permitting, I will be there. :biggrin:
Looking to grab a couple of seats to the Allentown show. As you've attended this event at this venue in the past, any recommendations on seat location?! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I attended in Providence in 2018 and preferred the mid section seats about 15 rows back instead of the on ice seats so you could bee everything including footwork.