2014 Skate Canada Short Dance 10/31 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Short Dance 10/31

lady_bee

Medalist
What a PHENOMENAL skate from Andrew and Kaitlin! Such drama, verve, flair! and technical excellence.

Does Andrew get better looking every year? :)

I can't help admiring his beauty.
I think his costume is the best among all matadors I've seen on the ice.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN) - 68.61 Short Dance
2. Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 59.62 Short Dance
3. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 59.29 Short Dance
4. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 57.35 Short Dance
5. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 56.13 Short Dance
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 55.35 Short Dance
7. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 52.43 Short Dance
8. Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois-Xavier OUELLETTE (CAN) - 50.35 Short Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The battle is for silver and bronze! FD should be interesting!

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
The commentator said we truly were transported to a bullfight in Madrid and that's exactly how I feel. It will be wonderful to see it in Barcelona, Spain. {Knocks on wood. (Do we have an emoticon for that?)}

That was simply incredible.

I also liked the German's SD choreographed by Stephen Lambiel. I was more likely to give it my full attention because he choreographed it. :love: (Totally shallow, right?)

auser

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN) - 68.61 Short Dance
2. Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 59.62 Short Dance
3. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 59.29 Short Dance
4. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 57.35 Short Dance
5. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 56.13 Short Dance
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 55.35 Short Dance
7. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 52.43 Short Dance
8. Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois-Xavier OUELLETTE (CAN) - 50.35 Short Dance

Thank you Mao88:). I can't believe how quickly people post these videos.:cool:

auser

Record Breaker
The commentator said we truly were transported to a bullfight in Madrid and that's exactly how I feel. It will be wonderful to see it in Barcelona, Spain. {Knocks on wood. (Do we have an emoticon for that?)}

That was simply incredible.

I also liked the German's SD choreographed by Stephen Lambiel. I was more likely to give it my full attention because he choreographed it. :love: (Totally shallow, right?)

Lambiel's artistry was always one of the things I really liked about him. So it was fun to see his choreo today:popcorn:

KKonas

Medalist
W/P go very, very trad. Very trad. But it really does suit them. Easily the best of the night.

Yes, but they need to change that ending lift - very unattractive. From the protocols, the judges didn't care for it either.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I agree--it really does fall flat, that lift. And a face full of skirt is not exactly the kind of lasting impression you want to leave...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And they got an extended lift deduction for it.

And to add insult to injury, only level 3. And in GOE, they got their only negative for that lift.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2014/gpcan2014_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Clearly the thing needs to be rethought.

And although Piper's cape skirt is cool, I wonder whether it distracts Paul as much as it distracts me.

His foot hit the boards with an awful crash during the twizzle error. I hope he's OK.

Weak Ankles, I've got to agree with you and Tracy Wilson that M&K didn't deliver that program with a lot of performance pizzazz. I didn't enjoy it at all- in fact, I liked it less than any of the other programs (not in a scoring sense; I just didn't enjoy it).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think it's because M/K are very technical, mechanical and, above all, clinical. There doesn't seem to be any genuine feeling behind all that technique--so the whole posturing he did at the beginning of the program just looks fake, over-the-top, cartoony. It's why I LOATHED their FD last year. I still think of it as the Marseilles Hooker Dance. Bleh.

Piper's cape is not only a distraction--it is a gimmick. And poor Paul--those feet/ankles of his really take punishment. But even with the twizzle disaster, it was loads better than its first outing.

M&R

Rinkside
I didn't like it the W/P lift either! Just watched the video and I said the same thing.......fix it!