2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC/Universal HD / NBCSN Schedule
All times Eastern

Sat. Feb. 20 2-4 Four Continents NBC
2/21/2016 11:00 PM 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free
2/26/2016 12:00 PM 2:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating NBC re-air

Update re NBC's telecast on Sat Feb 20:

4-6 pm ET is the new time on the USFS schedule.

4-6 pm ET also is the time in my local NBC listings.

As always, subject to change. Check your local listings.

(Schedules previously published by USFS/NBC once had said 2-4 pm ET.)

ETA (on Feb 16):
The USFS press release today verifies that the new time is 4-6 pm ET.
http://usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=51837&type=media (Feb 16)​

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For Canada, the only TV broadcast I can find for CBC's coverage of 4CC is on Feb. 20th, 4-6PM ET.

nguyhm

On the Ice
[/B]
NBC/Universal HD / NBCSN Schedule
All times Eastern

2/18/2016 3:00 PM 4:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Ladies Short
2/19/2016 12:30 PM 1:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Free Dance
2/19/2016 1:30 PM 2:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Short
2/20/2016 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Pairs Free

Sat. Feb. 20 2-4 Four Continents NBC
2/21/2016 11:00 PM 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free
2/26/2016 12:00 PM 2:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating NBC re-air
I checked the guide/schedule on my tv for Universal HD and it's not showing any skating/4CC for those days. Does anyone know what is happening...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I checked the guide/schedule on my tv for Universal HD and it's not showing any skating/4CC for those days. Does anyone know what is happening...

ETA (on Feb 16):
Please disregard the content of this post, which now is out of date.
The latest/greatest (AFAIK) schedule now is in post #43 on page 3 of the this thread.​

If it helps:

Some of the times have changed, per http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule.

Below is what is shown there now. (I believe all times are ET. Disclaimer that schedules always are subject to change.)

2/18/2016 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Ladies Short
2/19/2016 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Free Dance
2/19/2016 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Short
2/20/2016 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Pairs Free
2/21/2016 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free
2/26/2016 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating NBC re-air​

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have just posted the Eurosport TV schedule. It can be found in this post:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58403#post1364977

After the initial excitement that we were getting LIVE coverage of the Ladies Short, it now turns out that it is only the French viewers that are getting it.

For everything else, it is just a relatively short highlights programme for the entire day's skating.

Thank goodness the Eurovision stream is not geo-blocked! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For the first time ever, the ISU Eurovision channel will have live streaming of Four Continents:

Live coverage from Chinese Taipei from 18th February. Geoblocked in LatAm + Chinese Taipei + Australia + Singapore + Japan

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7

... I also noticed Canada wasn't geoblocked on the Eurovision channel! ...

The ISU now has expanded its geoblocking to include the USA, Canada, China, Korea.

[Plus all of Taiwan is geoblocked (I know the IOC uses Chinese Taipei as a synonym for Taiwan as a whole, but not clear whether the ISU streaming page was doing the same).]

I will edit my original post from Feb 2.

The ISU page now says:

Live coverage from Chinese Taipei from 18th February. Geoblocked in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, USA, Canada, LatAm, Australia, Singapour.

The changes are not surprising, but I wonder why all the geoblocked countries were not listed from the beginning.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The changes are not surprising, but I wonder why all the geoblocked countries were not listed from the beginning.
I'm actually rather surprised to see that Europe still isn't included. Even with Eurosport only airing recaps, that still means they have broadcast rights, so... :confused:
Still, I suppose I should be happy about it, so yay.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm actually rather surprised to see that Europe still isn't included. Even with Eurosport only airing recaps, that still means they have broadcast rights, so... :confused:
Still, I suppose I should be happy about it, so yay.

Shush. Let sleeping dogs lie. I'm very happy with this situation :coffee:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm very disappointed with Eurosport coverage of this event, not a single Live competitions, no details on what they include in their other spots. :noshake:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm very disappointed with Eurosport coverage of this event, not a single Live competitions, no details on what they include in their other spots. :noshake:

If you go to the schedule for Eurosport Deutschland ( http://tv.eurosport.de/ ), it tells you what is being shown in each highlights programme. That is what I used when making out my schedule post.

Also, strictly speaking, there is LIVE coverage. Eurosport France are showing the Ladies SP LIVE. So, if you subscribe to Eurosport Player and have a VPN, you will be able to watch it. Whether or not we will have the British Eurosport guys commentating on the English soundtrack option is the big question.

CaroLiza_fan

Sorrento

Record Breaker
If you go to the schedule for Eurosport Deutschland ( http://tv.eurosport.de/ ), it tells you what is being shown in each highlights programme. That is what I used when making out my schedule post.

Also, strictly speaking, there is LIVE coverage. Eurosport France are showing the Ladies SP LIVE. So, if you subscribe to Eurosport Player and have a VPN, you will be able to watch it. Whether or not we will have the British Eurosport guys commentating on the English soundtrack option is the big question.

CaroLiza_fan
I do not get to watch every Eurosport in my country, don't I? So does every other viewer in Europe. So there is no need to tell me what Germany or France viewers are getting to see. I am tired of playing with VPN and security of my PC every single time I want to watch figure skating competitions. If Eurosport covers the event it should offer a detailed program for every country. And ISU should really think more about people around the world to get free internet coverage on their channel if they want this sport to be popular.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watch a lot of Internet feeds of figure skating. If it were offered on my TV instead I wouldn't even consider watching it on my computer or often as is the case...my phone. Just because a free stream is offered doesn't mean I wouldn't choose to watch it on TV if it were an option. Just saying. Don't cha know?

Hey ISU..... Show your sport to those who want to see it.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I do not get to watch every Eurosport in my country, don't I? So does every other viewer in Europe. So there is no need to tell me what Germany or France viewers are getting to see. I am tired of playing with VPN and security of my PC every single time I want to watch figure skating competitions. If Eurosport covers the event it should offer a detailed program for every country. And ISU should really think more about people around the world to get free internet coverage on their channel if they want this sport to be popular.

OK. No need to get worked up. :drama:

But, I full-heartedly agree with everything you say. :agree: :clap: :points:

I am fed up with the schedule pages not giving detailed descriptions of the programmes too. The German page seems to be the only version that consistently gives detailed programme descriptions. But, I can't see why the other versions can't do the same on their schedule pages. Laziness on the part of the editors of the pages in the other countries?

And, for that matter, I am fed up with the Eurosport channels having different schedules in each country. Yes, there are some sports that they do not have pan-European rights for. Well, put them on a different channel, and let Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 have the same schedule across Europe!

Like, now that Eurosport is part of Discovery, this wouldn't necessarily mean having to launch a separate "Eurosport National" channel in each country any more. They could just be put onto one of Discovery's general entertainment channels, such as Quest or DMAX.

And even though Eurosport has the rights to show the skating, I do think that the Eurovision stream of the ISU World Feed should be available in Europe. Because, with the exception of the odd GP, Eurosport NEVER manages to show EVERYTHING LIVE. So, even if we do have Eurosport, we are still missing out. :bang:

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Streaming from Kazakhstan:

The schedule for http://kazsport.kaztrk.kz/kz/online indicates streaming of ice dance, ladies, men, and the gala from Four Continents.

IIRC, streaming from Kazakhstan has not been geoblocked in the past.

(I didn't see pairs on the kazsport schedule??)