What was your Top 5 from Four Continents? | Golden Skate

What was your Top 5 from Four Continents?

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
This seems to be a fun trend after competitions, so what were your top 5 performances/moments from 4CC? I need to think about mine, but I'll add my opinions soon :)

---- Edited my answers in!

In no particular order :)

1. Sui/Han SP
2. Patrick Chan FS
3. Satoko Miyahara FS
4. Shibutanis FD
5. Boyang's crazy Quads! (I believe he did 6 of them in this competition! :shocked: )

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
1. Mirai Nagasu- jumps looking great and that grit
2. The Shibutanis- it's about damn time
3. Satoko- I respect her consistency and skating skills
4. Alexa and Chris- the skate they needed to have before worlds
5. Sui and Han - Xue Shen style

cleary37

Spectator
1) Patrick Chan's flawless FS
2) Shibs: The first Asian-descent couple to win ISU championship
3) Boyang Jin - the boy who can fly
4) Kanako Murakami's SP
5) Mirai's FS (and overall competition)

honorable mention - S/H's SP, S/K's LP, Satoko's LP (SP was great too, though!)

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
1. Sui/Han's SP
2. Chan's FS
3. Shibutani's FS
4. Jin's SP
5. Nagasu's FS

tulosai

Record Breaker
1. MIRAI NAGASU!!! :cheer: :yay: :yahoo: Finally finally finally!!!
2. Shibutani Free Skate. Really beautifully done.
3. Chock/Bates FS. I actually enjoyed it here, it was their best FS outing of the season.
4. Patrick Chan free skate :jaw:
5. Hubbell and Donohue SP.

Honorable mention to the North Korean pair :love: A wonderful breath of fresh air- I hope they'll be able to go to worlds!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
1. Shibutanis winning, especially after the SD where they got all level 4s.
2. Patrick Chan's stunning LP that should be studied.
3. Sui/Han's SP. May have overtook V/T and S/B's SP as my fave of the season.
4. Satoko's win. She's simply beautiful to watch.
5. Hubbell/Donahue's SD which is non-traditional done correctly and surprisingly overtaking C/B.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
1. Sui/Han SP
2. Patrick Chan FS
3. Jin Boyang SP
4. Shibutani FD (forever and always will be in my top five in whatever competition they're in)
5. SoYoun SP

Honorable mention: Takahiko Mura's SP and FS, Han Yan's SP, Satoko's SP, and Shoma's SP

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Only had time to watch for singles.

1. Patrick's FS.... everything why I am still watching this beautiful sport.. despite everything infuriating and nonsensical about it.

2. Jin Boyang... the boy that improved the most artistically all season, still got a loooong a way to go, but the improvements are there visible to see, which is so encouraging! I totally dig the 4lz3t with the tag best jumper in the world, something Hanyu will have something to say about that/.. one of the reason we may see SuperHanyu :yahoo: at WC along with Patrick's FS outing as motivation... show down of the decade along with Javier who seems to take his WC seriously. For me the best SP belong to Hanyu, FS belong to Patrick.

3. Mirai's both skates, but I think SP spoke so much about her journey thus far, thus I really appreciate the autobiographical quality of it. FS program is a hot mess, but like Radionova's FS, I still kind of dig it because what the skater are able to it despite of it.

4. So Youn's both Skate + Zijun's SP. These 2 are two peas in a pod.. just glad they appear to have good outings this time around. So Youn had best K&C moments next to Kanako's SP reaction (seems both she and her coach have short sighted issues? lol)

5. Kanako's El Tango. I have a soft spot for underdogs, and she is undoubtly the underdog of the Japanese ladies weirdly and I prefer her abandonment to Miyhahara's clinical studious COP skating style. The music bring memories of Yuna's legendary performance, but Kanako really were able to make her own, great job!

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
1. S/H's sp and Chan's fs- can't put one below the other!
2. Boyang's sp+ quads in the fs.(crossing fingers for a solid fs next year, choreography-wise. And judges, I'm a fan too, but please calm down with the pcs!)
3. Satoko sp + fs. Complain all you want about her jumps, but as a non-fan, it's just so nice to see a skater with such polish and consistency!
4. Shibs fd. Gutted for W/P but the Shibs are rocking their fd this season.
5. Mura sp. Love the program and his skating here. Sad for him that he couldn't place higher but glad he was able to finish the season with a solid outing.

Last edited:

removof

On the Ice
My top 5 is :

1) Shoma Uno sp sur legends

2) Scimeca Knierim sp sur Mettalica

3) Hongo sp sur Quidam

4) Paul Poirier FD sur Neverland

5) Nagasu lp sur Gatsby

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I did not watch Pairs (or Ladies SP) so my list might change once I watch those segments.

1.) Shibutanis SD (all level 4s!)
2.) Han Yan FS (it's been a while, Hanee)
3.) Chan's FS (A nice way to end the competition)
4.) Julian Zee's FS (Help him launch up the standings -- great improvement from last season.
5.) Hubbell/Donahue SD (I've been warming up to it and this was the best performance of it yet!)

Honorable mention: Boyang Jin SP, Shoma Uno's SP and Takahito Mura's FS.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
- Chan's free
- Mirai's free (it made more of an impact on me than Satoko's because Mirai wasn't really expected to skate that well... at least by most people, I would guess)
- Shibutanis' SD
- S/K's free (better for me than Sui/Han's... just wasn't relating to S/H's this time)
- Kevin Reynolds' free, not because it was so great, but because it was so much better than the short

randomfan

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

Boyang Jin's FS - He still needs improvement on parts of his skating, but all the jumps were there and they were magnificent!
Satoko Miyahara's FS - As much as I love both of her programs, I wasn't as excited about her SP as I was for her FS this time around. I still love this program the best this season, and the changes in the choreo are nice.
So Youn Park's SP - Admittedley, it's mainly because she finally (let me repeat - FINALLY) skated a clean program internationally for the first time in 2 years. However, she also performed this SP so well and was more open to the audience, compared to her other performances. I'm so happy for her!
Patrick Chan's FS - Gorgeous. :love: Just simply gorgeous. When I watched him live, I was terrified of him falling at least once, but it was a flawless performance! Good job Patrick Chan! :cheer:
Mirai Nagasu's FS - She seemed a bit reserved in the SP, but the FS was (even with it's terrible music cuts) fun to watch and she seemed to enjoy every moment of it.

Honourable Mention:
Satoko's SP, Rika's SP & FS, Kaetlyn's FS (I :love: this program!)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will stick to four, as five would be random.

1. The revelation: Julian Yee! Who is this guy and why haven't I been paying attention to his skating before? I will now:clap:

2. Alexa and Chris FS: finally clean, the 4Twist a thing of beauty, and maybe the confidence they need for world's?:hap10:

3. Shibs: Both programs. This is what happens when you find programs that work for you, and you skate in them, rather than through them.

4. Patrick's FS: A champion with skating ability and performance chops. Life is good.

screw

Rinkside
1. Patrick Chan FS : Perfection!!!
2. Boyang Jin SP
3. Amy Lin FS
4. Kanako Murakami SP
5. Hubbell Donohue SD

Seruleane

Final Flight
In no particular order:
- Mirai! I'm glad to see her regain her form- jumps and spins are beautiful, I really hope she can continue her comeback next year
- Shoma - even with the mistakes, I find him one of the most captivating skaters this season
- Shibs - yay!! so happy for them. Hope they continue building towards Worlds! My dream dance podium would be P/C, Shibs, and B/S.
- Patrick Chan- also extremely happy he won. Well deserved, and I think he should have beaten Boyang Jin by a bigger margin
- Han Yan- Well-deserved bronze. I feel like he is such a good skater, I want to see him with better programs and reach his potential. I am a much bigger fan of him than Boyang,

Interspectator

Record Breaker
A lot of highlights for me here:
1. Satoko's LP
2. Kanako's SP
3. Han Yan's everything
4. Boyang's everything
5. Shibs FD

Oh no! I've gotten to 5 and there's still more left! -any competition with more than 5 highlights is a success. :cheer: