2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Gubanova a sub? I hate whoever chose these Russian JGP entries... Both the French ones as well as the Czech ones make no sense. Gubanova is significantly better than either Lozko or Konstantinova. Although both of those still deserve a spot. It's the French one that's a complete travesty here.

Well, at least I'll be able to look forward to miss Triple Axel.
Gubanova will get a spot at other JGP for sure.
However, she is not a first pick now (I am still confused about Mihhailova and her assigment, but different story).
She hurt her position by performing extremely poorly at Junior Nationals. It was a disaster (for her and Sakhanovich who had similair outing). Now she is seen as quite inconsistent and likely to fail under pressure...

acronycal0730

Rinkside
I hate whoever chose these Russian JGP entries

Me too! I want to see Gubanova and Nugumanova so badly. (But I also like Lozko and her amazing spin. I think Czech entries are reasonable.)

I'm also confused about Mikhailova getting assignment. There are many strong and promising skaters in Russia, but Mikhailova scores at most 150+ even she skates clean.

the reason could be:

1.She has made great progress in last few months.

2.Polina/Alisa F are still dealing with injuries or not in best shape now, so more spots released to other skaters. (Hope it is not the reason :( )

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Lozko and Konstantinova are totally logical choices and I get why they're there. It's JGP France where the entries are odd choices. However, I'm sure they'll give Liza a spot somewhere else...at least, I hope so! She's awesome :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Both Konstantinova and Lozko makes perfect sense since they both deserve 2 JGP spots and they both are at the main national junior team. What doesn't make any sense is giving mikhailova a spot. She should be way down at the Russian rankings yet she is at the reserve team and Russian fed seems to be thinking about giving her a JGP spot. Don't get that at all. I am not totally against giving Zagitova a JGP spot because she is very promising but personally I would most likely pick other skaters before her.

When Nastia gets back to her usual standard she is better but at the moment we don't know if she is back to her best level. Anyway, I am sure that if she is close to her usual standards she will get 2 JGP spots.

I don't disagree with both Konstantinova and Lozko deserving 2 spots. I just said that Gubanova is significantly better than both.

It's true that her nationals went very poorly but I don't think that that should be the only factor. She did have a good competition after that already.

Mikhailova especially makes zero sense as even when Gubanova failed completely, she placed better than Mikhailova and Mikhalova has not shown even a trace of potential for scoring 190+ like Gubanova has numerous times.

nikros

Rinkside
May be young "stars" Gubanova and Nugumanova just don't want to go to the early events. They want more time to preparation and Polina and Alisa want more time for recovery. And for better perfomance of these potential JGP finalist federation agreed to postpone their start.
The only persons who agreed to go to the first JPG were Mihailova and Zagitova.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
SAM MCALLISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :party2: :rock: :points:

I'm finally going to get to see my fellow countryman in action!!! :cheer:

For those that don't know, Sam is from Belfast. So, he's a Northerner like me. :biggrin: His mother is Margaret O'Neill, who was Jenna McCorkell's early coach.

And he is our best prospect since Jenna retired! :agree:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST SAM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

adelia

Record Breaker
May be young "stars" Gubanova and Nugumanova just don't want to go to the early events. They want more time to preparation and Polina and Alisa want more time for recovery. And for better perfomance of these potential JGP finalist federation agreed to postpone their start.
The only persons who agreed to go to the first JPG were Mihailova and Zagitova.
I don't think Gubanova has any choice in terms of assignments. Her coach has no influence and she didn't place well at Junior Nationals.

Don't forget, Mikhailova is now the top junior girl in CSKA. In any case, they can always make replacements after the test skate, it's not set in stone. JGP entries are much more fluid than GP entries.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Russia's only alternates for event 1 are Konstantinova and Tarusina, so if they want to pull both their entries, they'll have to sub someone in for Konstantinova here. (Gubanova?)

The Finn

Record Breaker
I really think Russia should have name two of their TOP 4 pairs in this competition and not only one. That is because now they have to include three of their top 4 pairs in one competition and it really looks like one or even two of the pairs' competitions will be really crowded with TOP pairs. They should have name Ustimkina/Volodin at JGP Ostrava.

Ostrava, CZE
Duskova/Bidar
Atakhanova/Spiridonov

Saransk, RUS
Mishina/Mirzoev
Borisova/Sopot
Ustimkina/Volodin

Tallinn, EST
Mishina/Mirzoev
Atakhanova/Spiridonov
Oganesian/Bardei

Dresden, GER
Duskova/Bidar
Borisova/Sopot
Oganesian/Bardei
Ustimkina/Volodin

hanca

Record Breaker
I really think Russia should have name two of their TOP 4 pairs in this competition and not only one. That is because now they have to include three of their top 4 pairs in one competition and it really looks like one or even two of the pairs' competitions will be really crowded with TOP pairs. They should have name Ustimkina/Volodin at JGP Ostrava.

Ostrava, CZE
Duskova/Bidar
Atakhanova/Spiridonov

Saransk, RUS
Mishina/Mirzoev
Borisova/Sopot
Ustimkina/Volodin

Tallinn, EST
Mishina/Mirzoev
Atakhanova/Spiridonov
Oganesian/Bardei

Dresden, GER
Duskova/Bidar
Borisova/Sopot
Oganesian/Bardei
Ustimkina/Volodin

I think there is a reason why there wasn't another of the top 4pairs. Maybe they are not ready yet, or they requested two of the later events as opposed to earlier events. But if you notice who they put as substitute, I can't see why Russian federation would put forward a pair that scored 90-130 in the last season if they had any other options.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other entry changes:

MEN Out, no replacement: Nikola ZLATANOV BUL

LADIES

Alina SYDYKOVA (KAZ) has been replaced by Yekaterina TYAN

Out, no replacements:
Calista KRASS EST
Nina POLSAK SLO

DANCE Out, no replacement: Ria SCHWENDINGER / Valentin WUNDERLICH GER

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Gubanova and Lozko = Correct choices. I would not trade either for any of the subs, especially Gubanova. I'll take back my earlier criticisms.