2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
:laugh2: More Asian American ladies on the junior level, till they grow much more than they should by eating American food.

Seeing list of american junior ladies substitutes: GIANG, HONG, KIM, LE, LIN, NAKAHARA, PENG, YANG... I wonder what would be US Skating without Asian immigrants ?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lots of changes as of 8/26:

MEN

Yauhenii PUZANAU-BLR out, no replacement
Jan KURNIK-CZE has been replaced by Radek JAKUBKA
Marco KLEPOCH-SVK has been replaced by Jakub KRSNAK

LADIES

Morgan FLOOD-AZE is out, no replacement. :noshake:
Meichi ZHANG-CHN has been replaced by Jiayin LI
Aneta JANICZKOVA-CZE has been replaced by Michaela-Lucie HANZLIKOVA
Alexandra HAGAROVA-SVK has been replaced by Bronislava DOBIASOVA

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i cant wait to see my beloved Matyas!! its been so long since i last him!!:yahoo::hap57: hopefully he wont follow his fellow Czeck skaters when it comes to headcasing :hopelessness:

oleada

Record Breaker
Wow. Only 10 points handicap relatively Liza it's good result. :) I put my eye on her too.

Looks like she has her jumps through the flip (landed one at Hellmut Siebt Memorial, which she won). Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg lol, this morning I thought that it started today so I started to panic and wanted to look for results and then I remembered today's Tuesday and not Thursday. That's what happens I guess when I have the same schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Omg lol, this morning I thought that it started today so I started to panic and wanted to look for results and then I remembered today's Tuesday and not Thursday. That's what happens I guess when I have the same schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

At least I am not the only one to get days mixed up! ;) :)

Anyway, just to let you know that the Entries / Results Page is now online, and can be found at:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpcze2016/

Consequently, I have updated the Original Post of the Predictions Thread to include the link, as well as the SP Start Order tables for the Men's and Ice Dance categories. (The other starting orders are not up yet).

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Rika Kihara from Japan is the only junior skater with the triple axel, which was certified in November 2015 at a local competition. Kihara can do 3A-3L in practice and no female figure skater has done it before.

angelicadiablo

Rinkside
Rika Kihara from Japan is the only junior skater with the triple axel, which was certified in November 2015 at a local competition. Kihara can do 3A-3L in practice and no female figure skater has done it before.

I want to see if Kihira can land the 3A in this competition. I'm actually more interested in her than Gubanova.

tinnychan

On the Ice
I want to see if Kihira can land the 3A in this competition. I'm actually more interested in her than Gubanova.

Rika not yet land her triple axel in any competition.

In the recent two local competition, when she pop her axel, she did pretty well in other jump pass. However, when she fall her axel, she seem loss stamina and fail on other jump pass.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Team Poland is well represented in Czech JGP :biggrin:

What do you expect - Ostrava is only a stone's throw from the Polish border! ;) :laugh:

Since this gives me the opportunity to ask, there is something I have been wondering for some time. Last year, I looked up most of the Polish skaters, and found that a lot of them come from Silesia (the historical region which Ostrava is also in).

Is there a reason why this area is a hotbed for figure skating?

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What do you expect - Ostrava is only a stone's throw from the Polish border! ;) :laugh:

Since this gives me the opportunity to ask, there is something I have been wondering for some time. Last year, I looked up most of the Polish skaters, and found that a lot of them come from Silesia (the historical region which Ostrava is also in).

Is there a reason why this area is a hotbed for figure skating?

CaroLiza_fan

No idea. :confused2: I only know that Silesia is a bed of coal and that's why Poland was fighting for this region with Germany and Czech Republic through centuries. Maybe people living there have more money and since FS is expensive sport it may be one of the factors? I think the most famous Polish Club is in Torun (Agata Kryger, Aleksandra Rudolf, Natalia Kaliszek & Maksim Spodyriev all train there), so I would expect more skaters coming from that region or Warsaw (because it's the biggest city). You're right that Ostrava is stone's throw though, especially for all who live in the south of Poland, it tmight be even closer than Warsaw for some :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So many skaters from Poland are coached by the Siudeks. Are they based in Torun? or Warsaw?

Last edited: