2017 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Free Dance

reneerose

Final Flight
F/B were nice, but they need speed speed speed. The edges could be better. But the two main problems for me is that they don't skate as a couple--they hardly looked at each other!--and the entire performance was skated at one level. There was no attempt to bring out the highs and lows of the music.

Yes too slow and the music could have been cut better for the program. Seemed strange to use cuts from two different Sherlock Holmes productions.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like this team. I hope we see more of them. They seem to be gelling nicely for such a new team.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
i mean... we are not even at poje yet and i am find myself looking down there lol

doesn't help that the camera zoomed on it too.....

Are you sure about the camera zoom? I remember once Joubert was very distracting with his tights and nobody realized the camera was actually zooming in on his bloody hand. There were catty remarks about the camera person being very unprofessional!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
M/R are a definite step up. The curve lift is a mess, but there was actual attention paid to musicality there.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
But is it rationalized hatred? Like if you hate Grobin and your favourite teams skates to him.. are you naying because of the Grobinness or yaying because of the team bias?

Definitely naying... Grobin is unacceptable! :disagree:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
These two are much better matched. They must be Australia No. 1? I really liked the move where they did the circular drag. Cool.

Aus #2 - Matilda and William knocked Nationals out of the ballpark

Are you watching now? I'm trying to do loose recaps for your team, but I'll stop if you don't need them :laugh:

Can't watch. Refreshing Golden Skate like constantly.

Karne? Which ID team is going to worlds?

Neither. No-one has minimums

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My off brand popcorn chicken tastes like licorice

Big cheer for the Korean team (natch).

OMG BIG CHEER FROM ME DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WANTED SOMEONE TO SKATE TO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN?!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My off brand popcorn chicken tastes like licorice

Big cheer for the Korean team (natch).

OMG BIG CHEER FROM ME DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WANTED SOMEONE TO SKATE TO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN?!

If you want licorice why not have licorice? Why risk it with weird tasting chicken?

*hates licorice*

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Noooo, double fall on a lift(?)

I was just thinking how they should have stayed with Stairway through the crescendo instead of switching to Cashmere when that happened. I still liked it

rain

Record Breaker
Well even with that awful double fall I'd put them into first. Their speed is so much better and the lifts, spin — no comparison.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I thought that was entertaining. Led Zeppelin will always earn you points from me.

Apparently Richard likes washing the dishes. Is he using that the way it's used here? Ironically suggestive?