2017 GPF Pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs FS

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
agree, we tend to forget that Cong fell on his 3T in SP which cost them about 5pts I think overall - I do think that this was an important moment for them to have this kind of experience under their belts, because they surely will prepare that 4Sth going forward just in case of emergency. We'll aslo see if Aliona/Bruno will successfully carry the consistency achieved and momentum.

Had Cong landed the 3T They probably could've scored 5-6 more points, which would have had them almost tied at this particular competition, so basically tied! It's definitely a close race, a part of me wish S/H skipped Shanghai Trophy to prepare their SP better but it's nice to see that they're consistently performing their FS and getting their 3S down.

Is this the last major interntional competition we're seeing from the 4CC teams? Are the others competing at Euros?

synteis

Medalist
like it should be, honestly - both Wenjing/Cong's and Aliona/Bruno's FSs not only have a fluid choreography, matching music chosen perfectly, well-integrated and timed elements, sophisticated outlook, polish in presentation, but an ability to create a moment to let the skate live and breathe, while making us gasp for air from the visuals created. Both programs, performed like today, are making a totally new quality in Pairs skating - not only being exciting by sole elements, but with overall program, how it is performed.

Yeah, I totally agree, the gap is well deserved and so exciting to see these two pairs leading the way for a new way of pairs skating. I just think it's too bad that third wasn't closer to the top two. Hopefully it'll get the D/R and T/M motivated for the Olympics to close that gap.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This was incredible. After Sui/Han I was sure they'd win the free skate and maybe gold, and I was ready to write their name in pen for Olympic gold. And then Savchenko/Massot went out there and blew me away.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Tarasova/Morozov getting higher PCS than Stolbova/Klimov is a joke.

Does Nina mozer hate Tarasova and Morozov?

They're such terrific athletes, Why did she give them such a tasteless program for Olympic year?
It's kind of embarrassing to think they'll be in the final group at Olympics representing the sport with it

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Just woke up, but thankfully still managed to catch S/M... so so happy for them, their reactions were incredible. Gotta watch the rest too, but I'm so glad that they put themselve into the race for OGM now properly. :cheer::clapper:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Just remind Bruno to DOUBLE check his laces before they take the ice in Korea.

Those little details mean so much.

:hap57:

Indra

Spectator
This was very, very fun to watch, and it was those two I was hoping to gonna win this final. :) Now I hope that Aliona and Bruno wins the olympic gold. I like Sui and Han, but I don't think I will say that they are one of my favorites in pair skating. I also like Stolbova and Klimov, and it's not fun to see them still struggling a bit. Hope that they will do better later in the season.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Aliona is verrrry smart though. S/M FS this year and last year have that "Build a home" effect that The French had in Boston. It's hard to get out of a program like that (for the viewers). I know she's a fan of them - maybe she was inspired ? I never saw skate to that type of music before, and it suits them SO well.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER236.68 1 1video
2 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN230.89 3 2video
3 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN210.83 5 3video
4 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS209.26 4 5video
5 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS208.73 2 6video
6 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN207.14 6 4video

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was an unbelievably gorgeous skate from Aljona and Bruno!:love: In SA, that program was the thrill of the event for me; I feel privileged to have witnessed it in person. Magical, magnificent, and inspiring through performance and intent, purpose.

What is particularly happy circumstance to me is that they won the gold by skating everything in the highest quality. They went for GOE, but more importantly to me is that they put out every element to be as excellent and as beautiful as possible. This gives honor to the audience and to the performance. The emotional depth of the program is also part of the magic. If you connect the choice of music to what Aljona and Bruno hope to give, beauty and hope and respect, it elevates the perfection of their elements, their lines and reach, the pure athleticism, and their tender, striving connection with each other.

Bravo! Everything a pair skate should be!:hap10: :clap: :dance3:

TCAngel18

Medalist
Looking at both teams, they both left something on the table, S/H a bit more, w the fall in the SP. Looking forward to the Olympics, the question is, do they add to their arsenal, or just go for Consistency? S/H can add the throw 4S, but do S/M have a Quad twist in them? They have so much height on their triple twist now, but also think they only perform it at a level 2. That could add another 2-3 points. Introduce a quad twist, and a solid flow out of that throw 3S, and that program DEFINITELY scores over 160 on Olympic ice.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yeah, I totally agree, the gap is well deserved and so exciting to see these two pairs leading the way for a new way of pairs skating. I just think it's too bad that third wasn't closer to the top two. Hopefully it'll get the D/R and T/M motivated for the Olympics to close that gap.

yes, I've learned to NEVER count Meagan/Eric out, they are formidable competitors, with fire and conviction over their material, which I respect, regardless of my liking for their programs (but definitely I love their SP!). I think this is a difficult point for Evgenia/Vladimir now - it's probably too late for change FS altogether, but there's never too late for making it work and looking polished, there is a potential, but it has to be channelled in the right way to create moment like Chinese and German already did.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Or maybe they can improve their SBS jumps instead??

They already have a higher BV going in, lost a bit of points in GOE. Quad throw is as risky as Aliona's throw 3A.

They can, although their side-by-side 3S will always be a bit of a nemesis for them. The throw 4S is within their reach and they make it look quite easy when they land it. I think it may be worth it to get a possible 3.7 point buffer, but they could just play it safe. But if both them and S/M skate clean, the judges are saying that they would go with S/M.