2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Senior Ladies SP at Bavarian Open is tomorrow, Friday at 10:50 EST. Aurora starts last in a field of 20---that's a tough position, in some ways almost as bad as starting first. Aurora skates right after Serafima Sakhanovich, who's been on the comeback trail this season. At least she doesn't have to follow Satoko Miyahara or Yuna Aoki.

I wanted to watch it, but the stream ended abruptly this morning in the middle of the Junior Rhythm dance.

I have my fingers crossed and am thinking good thoughts for Aurora.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Congrats to Veronik and Larkyn, who finished 9th and 10th respectively at 4CC. Apart from a pop, Veronik skated a clean competition here having only competed in one other international comp. in three seasons and this is Larkyn’s international debut this season, with probably her best international FS outing yet :clap:.

Their Free Skates:

Veronik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjWAug4KNk
Larkyn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePiBt75P7m0

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was really happy for Veronik finishing ninth, easily her highest placement at Four Continents (and her previous high, thirteenth, was in an Olympic year).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posted this in the competition thread for the Ladies Free but realized a lot of people probably don't have access to those threads. There were a few people REALLY cheering, and when I turned to see who it was, turns out it was these two guys! Always keep the camera handy. You never know whom you'll see! I wished them good luck in the free tomorrow. They were both very nice and friendly!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/8f/85/6e8f8587561493116c241f75e9f07909.jpg

mrrice

Record Breaker
Posted this in the competition thread for the Ladies Free but realized a lot of people probably don't have access to those threads. There were a few people REALLY cheering, and when I turned to see who it was, turns out it was these two guys! Always keep the camera handy. You never know whom you'll see! I wished them good luck in the free tomorrow. They were both very nice and friendly!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/8f/85/6e8f8587561493116c241f75e9f07909.jpg

Awesome!!!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just to let everyone know: Aurora at Bavarians: 3t+2t, 3s, 2a-so. She scored 55.52 and is in third place behind Yuna Aoki and Satoko Mitahara. We won't know if she got her TES minimum until after the protocol comes up, but it seems likely she did.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
aurora got her tech min with a score of 29.17 in TES in the SP. bravo
It must be particularly nerve-wracking to skate with the TES on a knife's edge like that (since her base value is on the low side).

We'll see if she can get through tomorrow.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^^ With the 3F and 3Lo in her Free, she does have more of a cushion. Is she planning to do 2A+1Eu+3S? At Nationals, she did +2S.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
at 4cc Larkyn got 54 and veronik got 57 for lower BV but good skate... the tes min for the lp is 49... so all Aurora needs to do is to focus on the quality of everything like in the SP... yup the step out was costly but if she hadn't hit only one of the level 4 s (only skater to hit them all) it would have been just as costly... So, go hit your levels Aurora and focus on the quality of each jump.... the rest will come. Worst case scenario, Veronik has shown her stability once more this season doubling only a 3loop over the weekend... that's a very small mistake.... considering her low BV and her prolonged absence, she didn't get rewarded as she could have but it was a very decent showing. Alaine will bounce back. She is on and then off and then off and then on this season... but it's better than always off ;) so if Gabby gets ready in time, we could have a strong team... not a sweep the podium strong team like some others like to talk about ;) but a team of 3 solid girls making the cut and keeping 2 spots. That's all we really need.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Veronik's PCS went up by quite a bit between the short and free, so I'm pretty optimistic for her going forward, especially as she incorporates her 3-3 in competition and regains her more difficult jumps

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's funny how going into this competition I would have been ecstatic to know that KMT and Marinaro would win silver, but it's hard not to think about how they were a fraction of a point from gold. All the same, this was their best event ever.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Kirsten and Michael may have been under the radar in favour of other pairs but they have really worked to prove themselves over these two seasons. Last year, not only did they make the Olympic team but it was solely up to them to get two spots for this year's Worlds, after R/W and S/B didn't qualify for the free skate. Many people saw their Canadian title as a default win but they are not taking it for granted. And they exceeded expectations by winning a small Gold at 4CC and come away with the silver lining of knowing that they can challenge the best in the World and have put themselves into the podium conversation for Worlds.

Shani

On the Ice
For Evelyn and Trent this will be a great experience. Four Continents was a learning curve and they were nervous and came back and delivered after mistakes. Some bad moments followed by good moments and they collected themselves and competed. They have some promise.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Bavarian Open 2019 FS Scores
1 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 136.77
2 Yuna AOKI JPN 114.47
3 Aurora COTOP CAN 107.04 TES 53.63
4 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA 106.84
5 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS 104.19

:yes2: