2019 Skate Canada Challenge | Golden Skate

2019 Skate Canada Challenge

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Live Scoring and livestream links are available on the official site listed in the OP.

Notable entries include:

Sr Men: Conrad Orzel, Joseph Phan, Ilya Kovler, Nam Nguyen, Bennet Toman
Sr Women: Alicia Pineault, Larkyn Austman, Sarah-Maude Blachard, Aurora Cotop, Emily Bausback, Alison Schumacher, Michelle Long, Emy Decelles, Sarah Tamura
Sr Pairs: Walsh/Michaud, Matte/Ferland
Sr Dance: Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Sales/Wamsteeker, Lanaghan/Razguljevs

Jr Men: Corey Circelli, Beres Clements, Alec Guinzbourg, Aleksa Rakic
Jr Ladies: Catherine Carle, Emma Bulawka, Hannah Dawson, Amelia Orzel, Daria Carr
Jr Pairs: McIntosh/Toste, Andrew/Fletcher, Levesque/Hudon, Panetta/Mimar, Boys-Eddy/Boys-Eddy, Perreault/Pierro, Choinard/Ostiguy
Jr Dance: Fisher/Malette-Paquette, Bronsard/Bouaraguia, McIsaac/Circelli, Makita/Gunara, Fabbri/Ayer, Stairs/Graham, D'Alessandro/Waddell, Galiyanova/Lochhead, Bashynska/Beaumont, Orihara/Royer

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The first skater is Iliya Kovler, who was very close to the boards with his last two jumping passes, and I'm relieved he didn't crash into it. 66.09.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Max Denk completely lost a spin.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Joseph Phan popped his Axel and got nothing for it, but he's in the lead with 66.74.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Matthew Markell is currently in 3rd with 64.39. His combo was also right next to the boards, so is this rink smaller than average?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Someone please tell me that I'm not the only person on this forum watching the Senior Men SP---it's embarrassing talking to myself!

Haleth

On the Ice
Someone please tell me that I'm not the only person on this forum watching the Senior Men SP---it's embarrassing talking to myself!

Hey. It’s very good if you to watch and report on this, most especially after your terrifying experience. I’ve only recently come back here (lurking only until now) after breaking my leg at Skate Canada. So my hat is off to you for all the great work you do! *doffs virtual cap*

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Matthew Markell is currently is 3rd with 64.39. His combo was also right next to the boards, so is this rink smaller than average?

It says that the rinks there are NHL sized. I think ISU competitions tend to be on Olympic sized ice, which is a bit bigger. But a lot of North American skaters train on NHL ice, since that's more common here.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am watching too and am glad that you are feeling well enough to post on this forum!

Since I have to rest and recover, I can do that while watching a livestream. :) If I'm quiet sometimes, it's because I'm making screen recordings of some skaters, just in case Skate Canada doesn't archive the footage.

I’ve only recently come back here (lurking only until now) after breaking my leg at Skate Canada.

Goodness gracious, I sincerely hope your leg is healing well.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

I'm here too Siberia, just had a few things to finish up. In time to catch the third group. Go Nam and Bennet!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not as clean as he's had this season, but good for Conrad getting the 4T done in the SP.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Conrad Orzel had a bad fall on his last jumping pass, but he's in the lead with 73.56. Eric Liu is 4th at the moment with 64.65.

Haleth

On the Ice
Since I have to rest and recover, I can do that while watching a livestream. :) If I'm quiet sometimes, it's because I'm making screen recordings of some skaters, just in case Skate Canada doesn't archive the footage.

Goodness gracious, I sincerely hope your leg is healing well.

Thank you! I was lucky in that Place Bell had a pair of top-notch medics, unlucky that the break wasn’t diagnosed until after I went home (not the medics’ fault as the walk-in doctor I saw thought it was a sprain and then that a foot bone that broke). My leg is now under the care of a fracture clinic and they have it in hand.

My laptop screen was broken a few days after my leg and I’m down to about 2/3 of screen with psychedelic effects so I look forward to watching skating videos w/o frustration in a week or two when the new one arrives.

Sending wishes for a complete healing to you! [emoji253]

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nam went for a two quad SP, fall on 4T, 4S+2T step-out, Pop on 3A (1A). 68.30.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Bennet had a solid skate. Fall on opening 4S but landed the 3Lz+3T and 3A. Nice centering and speed on the spins. Good expression. 70.74.