2019 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 Skate Canada Challenge

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Oh...that is a very unfortunate fall at the beginning for Bruce. They seemed a bit off after that but some very nice moments still.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yikes, poor Bruce. They recovered well.

The man falling in an ice dance routine is the worst for me, because I spend the rest of the performance worried he was going to drop Natalie.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Orihara / Royer had a strong outing here; I like their program. Shame that they had to sit out of JGP but they could contend for a WJC spot. 93.16.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Stairs/Graham - not too sure about this performance, they seemed to have forgot their choreography/pose before the change to the slower music. Their RD often seems to place them high enough (eg. Minto) and then they drop in placement after their FD. 88.14 FD.150.24, 4th with one team to go.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Paul finally gets through the free program without a problem. Happy for him and Alicia, after the JGP heartbreaks.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Fabbri/Ayer - Other than a bit off-sync in the second set of twizzles, they did really well. Mature and fluid throughout. They should take it. 94.20 FD, 156.73 first overall.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Podium:

1. Fabbri/Ayer
2. Orihara/Royer
3. Galiyanova/Lochhead

Interesting that F/A and O/R came 2 & 1 at Minto and now 1 & 2 here. Nationals should be exciting with many teams scoring 93-94 in the FD here.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, how big will Laurence and Nikolaj's margin be going into the free dance?

EDIT: Molly and Dmitre's program has some really great choreography in it.

EDIT 2: Yikes, that Quebecois couple's skate went from bad to worse.

EDIT 3: I've seen this program a number of times, but I only now realize that Haley's dress is basically the same as Tessa's Moulin Rouge dress.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The only Senior Men LP video I'll be posting (at least for now) is Matthew Markell's, and that's because his mother (whom I haven't met, but she's aware through her son that I'm a big fan) has sent me two nice messages regarding my health issue, so I uploaded his performance as a "thank you" to her for showing concern for my well-being :) : https://vimeo.com/303892435

I know it's normal for fans to focus on the elite skaters, but for a lower-ranked one like Matt, even if he was disappointed with his free skate, qualifying for the Nationals as a senior for the first time is a big deal. :thumbsup: Matt's own feelings on his LP performance are probably more complicated, but his family and friends are very happy with the result.

Trillium

Rinkside
Siberia 82, I am glad to see that you are feeling well enough to watch (and post) today! I really appreciate you contributibutions to this forum.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Alicia fell on her 2T+3T but nice 3Lo and 2A. Good performance level and projection with this 'Back to Black' SP. 52.60.

Roo87

Medalist
Alicia has a bye to nationals, right? Never really paid attention to her, but she did well at SC.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Alicia has a bye to nationals, right? Never really paid attention to her, but she did well at SC.

I think so since she was at SC. Yes, she was a pleasant surprise for me when I saw her at ACI this year. She's quite an expressive skater.

Roo87

Medalist
I think so since she was at SC. Yes, she was a pleasant surprise for me when I saw her at ACI this year. She's quite an expressive skater.

I think she was the only lady to get StSq4 at Skate Canada, impressive.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Final group on the ice warming up. Interested in how Larkyn does...

Haven't see Helene Carle before. Nice job with a clean skate: 3Lo+2T, 3S, 2A. She seems happy. 52.78.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Larkyn looked confident today: 3Lo+2T Tano, 3S and 2A. Nice spins and captivating performance. Class of the field so far. 62.22.

Roo87

Medalist
wow, best skate I've seen from Larkyn in a while. Although she needs a 3-3 in her short.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I'm glad Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen are skating their Doors Spanish Caravan program again this year. In my opinion that was the best choreographed program last season. They rearranged it tho and they look as the best canditates for Canadian no.3 this season :thumbsup: