2019 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Skate Canada Challenge

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
what us with the +COMBO after every combo (even when executed correctly). Is it a glitch or something?

It's not a deduction - that's just how they indicate that it was a combination for whatever reason.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Beautiful opening 4S from Conrad but things went downhill for him after with the fall on 4T, pops on both axels. 123.45.

Podium
1. Nam: 223.67
2. Bennet: 201.55
3. Conrad: 197.01

aarower

Rinkside
sr men final
1 nguyen 223.67
2 toman 201.55
3 orzel 197.01
4 liu 179.89
5 lawrence 176.9
6 guay 176.08
7 ?
8 phan

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry that I was quiet for most of the final group, but I was stunned (in a bad way) by Iliya's and Joseph's not-so-good free skates :shocked: , and I didn't really recover after that. They were last year's junior-level and senior-level Challenge champions respectively, so I didn't expect that they'd struggle so much.

Was there something wrong with the ice? The guys had a rough time today.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
sr men final
1 nguyen 223.67
2 toman 201.55
3 orzel 197.01
4 liu 179.89
5 lawrence 176.9
6 guay 176.06
7 markell 174.09
8 phan 173.09
9 denk 161.33
10 turcotte 157.73
11 kovler 156.64
12 sheriff-clayton 154.65
13 duval-yergeau 149.45

I filled in the blanks for you. :) These 12 (besides Nam's bye) qualified for Nationals.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
So no one else watched the junior rhythm dance, hmm? That's a heck of a set of results. Fisher & Malette-Paquette are oh-so-fortunate they did not have this performance at Nationals.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So no one else watched the junior rhythm dance, hmm? That's a heck of a set of results. Fisher & Malette-Paquette are oh-so-fortunate they did not have this performance at Nationals.
I watched the opening few before going out for a walk.

F/M-P were scored pretty generously, given his wipeout.

I see everything went smoothly for Alicia and Paul for once.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

I watched most of it. Junior dance has good depth and only one of these teams will get the remaining spot to WJC at Nationals (assuming L/L get the other spot). Wish my favs were in the final group instead of 8th place but good to see they are getting better levels with these new changes they made after JGP Richmond.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I watched the opening few before going out for a walk.

F/M-P were scored pretty generously, given his wipeout.

I see everything went smoothly for Alicia and Paul for once.

Only level 2 on the lift at the end though. But they looked good.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So 15 junior dance teams make it to Nationals in total. L/L have a bye and maybe F/M-P? So I guess top 13 in addition to them would make it to Nationals.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Shaky skate for Bashynska/Beaumont with problems on the step sequence and him falling out of the second set of twizzles.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shaky skate for Bashynska/Beaumont with problems on the step sequence and him falling out of the second set of twizzles.
Yeah, Peter looked off throughout (Nadiia seemed concerned when they finished). Disappointing if they don't get to nationals (they're kind of on the bubble), because their free is really cute.

EDIT: Third place with ten skaters to go. They squeak in.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Yeah, Peter looked off throughout (Nadiia seemed concerned when they finished). Disappointing if they don't get to nationals (they're kind of on the bubble), because their free is really cute.

Should be enough, currently ranked 3rd with 10 skaters to go.

Warm-up for fourth group now.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This free dance: still bad. I don't get how Romain gave Natalie and Bruce such a great FD when they don't even train at Gadbois, but one of their main junior teams got this.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nice performance from Miku/Tyler. I like their consistency on these new twizzles and the little touches they added since sectionals. 88.60 is a new PB on the free I believe.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Emmy seems super flexible with the sliding splits and and ending split lift.