2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
Congratulations to Kate Wang who scored 177.62 (59.11 + 118.51) at Skate San Francisco after skating two clean programs. Kate will be debuting on the Junior Grand Prix circuit this year at the event in Russia. At Skate San Francisco, Kate received a standing ovation. Best of luck to Kate

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UsfaGHSIj/?igshid=1rfkg076jvgsf

That kinda a seems a bit over score. Cause at Detroit she did two clean and got 164. Her score probably is high cause she literally skates there

mrrice

Record Breaker
Kate wang is very small, almost reminds me of a typical Russian. *Does amazing when they are young and then puberty hits....

I have never seen Kate in person however, I have seen Rudy out of skates and he is tiny. The fact that Kate is IN skates and still looks tiny means she's probably not even 5' tall. Do we know her actual height?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Why the constant vitriol against Kate Wang, of all people? She's out there doing the best she can, like everyone else.

They way it looks to me is that she's the future for our ladies. She needs our support.

bytheriver

On the Ice
Many girls of Asian nationality stay small even past puberty.

As a person of color and someone who competed against girls of all races as a kid (and has seen how they progressed through puberty), I’m gonna push back on this notion. Average height for an Asian-American woman varies a lot depending on country of origin and ethnic group. Most adult women are above 5 feet. Not saying there are no short Asian women, but I think that’s more of a stereotype than anything and can be dangerous to perpetuate. Not all Asian women are short and skinny, and that’s okay!

Hopefully Kate will continue to love skating - whether or not she is the future of US skating. Go Kate!

Ykai

On the Ice

Ykai

On the Ice
As a person of color and someone who competed against girls of all races as a kid (and has seen how they progressed through puberty), I’m gonna push back on this notion. Average height for an Asian-American woman varies a lot depending on country of origin and ethnic group. Most adult women are above 5 feet. Not saying there are no short Asian women, but I think that’s more of a stereotype than anything and can be dangerous to perpetuate. Not all Asian women are short and skinny, and that’s okay!

Hopefully Kate will continue to love skating - whether or not she is the future of US skating. Go Kate!

If we know how Kate's parents look like, we will get an idea how she would progress through puberty. It's as simple as genetics.

I will be rooting for Kate on her debut at JGP Russia :cheer:

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
I have never seen Kate in person however, I have seen Rudy out of skates and he is tiny. The fact that she IN skates and still looks tiny means she's probably not even 5' tall. Do we know her actual height?
When I saw her at glaciers, she was standing next to alysa. They are both the same height.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

By 'small' I meant small in the body---slim-hipped and not very busty..

mrrice

Record Breaker
By 'small' I meant small in the body---slim-hipped and not very busty..

I understand what you mean. I will say that when I was dancing, I was almost always the tallest and heaviest dancer in the cast. When I was young 12-13 and skating, I was 5'6" and maybe 145-150 and was easily the biggest skater in our group.

I don't take offense to comments about my size as I am biologically who I am.