2014-2015 GPF Mens Free Skate 12/13 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Mens Free Skate 12/13

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plenty of people say "I'm just happy to be here," but Sergei seemed genuinely happy out there. Consequently, I couldn't help grinning as well. It wasn't perfect, far from it, but I hope he gets good scores to compensate for getting robbed blind in the short.

However... butt spin count: 3 (Are we going 6/6 here?)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
No. I'd root for a potato to beat kovtun.

:laugh2:

Javier FERNANDEZ ....253.90 (FS TES 87.50, PCS 87.22)
Sergei VORONOV ...244.53 (FS TES 83.05, PCS 77.00)
Takahito MURA .........235.37 (FS TES 80.76, PCS 76.26)

samson

Medalist
Based on the TES and what he usually gets in PCS I don't think that will be enough to beat Javi...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I hope Sergei beat Maxim though!!! His PCS was undermarked yesterday!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV 2nd place (currently) FS 160.05 Overall score = 244.53

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I share your opinion as well.

Thank you. Thought I'd get under fire for saying that lol

Because this program is weak. Air violin?

i confess to not having seen that yet, but so far everything I've seen from him has just been pretty flat for me.

I agree! Seems like a nice guy but I feel his skating skills are overrated.

Yes, there's no arguing he's a nice guy, but indeed it's not really related to his skating skills, which for me are good but not OMG SO GOOD.

Even the short to Black Betty? That's what converted me into a fan. I think his team needs to give him more cool, rock-y, contemporary type pieces rather than the comic, goofy stuff. and better costumes so he doesn't look so stiff.

Nope, not even that Black Betty. I keep wondering if I'm just strange because everyone is going 'omg Javi is so hot and so good!!!' at that SP but it... really does nothing for me, I'm afraid.

It's different strokes for different folks, yes, but I just felt like maybe I don't ~look hard enough~ because I can't get into his skating while a lot keep going on about how good and hot (mostly hot, lol) he is. ^^;