2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Just watched the ladies short program. What are the judges doing??? ***? Anna gave one of the worst performances and they still put her in 3rd? Talk about Russian favoritism. Also, Whatever the Canadian girls name is, she should not be in first. If the dinged Mirai with UR then they should most definatley should have called UR on the Canadian girls 3-3! that was so UR!!! I hate these judges and all of the favoritism going on. Makes no sense!

It was so close though. I don't think the judging was that bad - obviously that a total unknown could be first. (Relative unknown) I know Pog is not a good or reputable skater as Hanyu but as an example a quality skater can stilld o fairly well in the sp with some errors/struggle. She didn't fall. Good for Mirai; she looks like she might medal especially if the Canadian girl with her lack of experience falters. I actually would be thrilled to see Chartrand win a medal; it would be like the shock of the season! :)

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you once again Mao88 for videos! :rock: I'm happy Mirai did better this time around although I was hoping she'd be in the top 3. 4th isn't shabby though. I hope she has a great skate tomorrow and medals. It'd be a nice way to end her GP season. :biggrin:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you once again Mao88 for videos! :rock: I'm happy Mirai did better this time around although I was hoping she'd be in the top 3. 4th isn't shabby though. I hope she has a great skate tomorrow and medals. It'd be a nice way to end her GP season. :biggrin:

She's less than a half a point out of third place. Placements don't matter in IJS.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
With so much expectations from Anna, I think we jinxed her here. COR has not been a very good place for Russian ladies in the history though, perhaps too much pressure from skating on home ice. But on the other side, Anna's spins are so much better than even her previous competition. At least Anna should be in GPF.

LRK

Record Breaker
Anna did look uncharacteristically nervous to me... On the other hand, that result will probably light a fire under her for tomorrow's free...

Alba

Record Breaker
Ro-see-ya! Ro-see-ya!

Where's the chanting? Yes, there's cheering and clapping, but no chanting!

Yes, they probably realised that Anna's performance is not enough to take the lead. But, there was no chanting beforehand either.

Is it the Moscow audience as opposed to the Sochi audience? (And if so, why? Sure Anna's from Moscow!)

Or are the Russian fans just not behind Anna Pogorilaya as much as they are behind Adelina and Julia?

CaroLiza_fan

Never confuse an Olympic crowd with GP's, Euros and Worlds.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I really cannot stand the intense overscoring for all the American skaters in this competition. I wish the judges in this GP would be impartial and stop favoring Americans.

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh god. The more I read and the more I feel and support the judges. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really cannot stand the intense overscoring for all the American skaters in this competition. I wish the judges in this GP would be impartial and stop favoring Americans.

LOL, you call giving two UR to a skater overscoring? YMMV big time here I guess. :laugh:

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 61.18 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
2. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 59.85 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
3. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 59.32 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
4. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 58.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
5. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 57.18 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
6. Maria STAVITSKAIA (RUS) - 54.78 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
7. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 53.71 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
8. Maria ARTEMIEVA (RUS) - 51.88 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
9. Angela WANG (USA) - 51.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
10. Miyabi OBA (JPN) - 46.76 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
11. Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE) - 46.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
12. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 44.00 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Probably sarcasm/parody... I hope. (Or maybe talking about Cain rather than Nagasu?)

Cain wasn't overscored either. Her PCS was in the 6s. Angela Wang is 9th. So I'm failing to see how this overscoring?