2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She won't stay in first, in all likelihood. She skated a good SP at Skate Canada, too, but faltered in the long.

She skated good LPs at 4CC and Junior Worlds last year though! I think she can at least hold on to a podium spot. At least, I hope so.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
She won't stay in first, in all likelihood. She skated a good SP at Skate Canada, too, but faltered in the long.

True, but at SC she was in 7th after the SP & ended up staying in 7th after the FS. Here she has the added pressure of being in 1st and needing to be perfect to stay there, or at least relatively clean to get on the podium. Some skaters excel under being in first, some don't, some like to come up from behind, she may have a great confidence boost from earlier, etc. We'll just have to see how she does tomorrow :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
It was a busy day for me and I've just completed watching the videos. My thoughts:

Chartrand - I always liked her powerful skating. Good job here in SP! She is not very consistent but I hope she skates well in the free to medal here.
Hongo - Not my type of skater, not joyful for me to watch. But still congratulations to her for skating clean.
Pogorilaya - Was that the effect of pressure? Or maybe she was too relaxed because of the victory at SC. She is always gorgeous to watch but I hope she doesn't make mistakes in the free skate. I want to see her win home GP.
Nagasu - Really good skater, I think she is going to medal tomorrow. But tbh I don't enjoy watching her.
Cain - Happy for her. She was really good at summer skates then had a disappointment last week at COC. I hope she skates very well in the long too.
Stavitskaya - I didn't expect this coming. Nice debut from her.
Park - Disappointed. Her spins look ugly, I didn't noticed this before. I was expecting much better skate.
Wang - She is so talented and I really like her skating, but there is almost no hope for her with this incosistency :(

slider11

Medalist
Yikes...Chartrand is like jumps in a bottle with mechanical arm movements in between. Was rooting for Anna. Maybe tomorrow? I am very happy for Mirai. Ok, not perfect, but showed strength and artistry. Loved, loved the spins and step sequence. Now c'mon Mirai, DO IT tomorrow! I am hoping for Anna, Mirai as 1-2.

cooper

Medalist
I don't know much about So Youn but would this performance be considered uncharacteristic or is she just inconsistent?

The Korean fed. are looking to 2018 and putting too much pressure on her to establish herself NOW instead of letting her slowly rise up and peak in 2018 which would probably be more ideal. Not everyone can establish themselves as the next possible Olympic champion the year after the previous Olympics. If they keep up the pressure So and the other girls will crack and there won't be anyone for 2018 flying the South Korean flag on ice!

she says hi..

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2012/12/09/kim-yuna-121209.jpg

:popcorn:

chloepoco

Medalist
I just watched Rika Hongo's performance and must say, I was pleasantly surprised! I really loved her program--found it quite captivating.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I like Chartrand but up to now I don't know how to interpret her misses. Is it lack of technique (I doubt) or her mind plays tricks on her. Hopefully these competitions give her confidence (much needed) and power to go on at a high level. As long as she is able to land good 3Lz3T, do nice 3L or 3F...she only needs to be consistent.
I liked her Sp in Skate Canada, but her LP was not as good. I remember Sasha Cohen who was an amazing skater but used to do mesmerizing shorts and bombed in the long program. Hopefully Alaine won't do that tomorrow.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Haha, this is funny. Hope Yuna will skate in 2018 gala. Of course So Youn is the top choice for the next Olympics but I somehow imagine there would be this new top Korean skater just fresh out of Juniors during the Olympic season. Like Julia...

So does So Youn have zero podium chance in CoR already? :(

The scores are close and So Youn definitely still has a chance to medal. Hard to know what the final standings will be but Park is definitely capable of putting up a big score in the FS. Her jumps are gorgeous.

jkun

Final Flight
Just watched Alaine's performance... anyone else think her 2A, her 3Lz-3T (both jumps) were under-rotated..? Maybe it was just the video I was watching, but they didn't look very good to me..

sowcow

On the Ice
Just watched Alaine's performance... anyone else think her 2A, her 3Lz-3T (both jumps) were under-rotated..? Maybe it was just the video I was watching, but they didn't look very good to me..

The -3T in the combo was UR. The 2A and 3Lz- looked ok to me.

peg

Medalist

From what I remember looking at the protocols, quite a few people had one or two jumps that looked UR to many here that didn't get called as UR.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Ashley is a lovely skater but her style reminds me of a floor exercise (especially her arm movement). That's the reason back in my head she reminds me of Serafima's LP this season.

Icey

Record Breaker
Looks like I'll skip the free skate or something, nearly none of the skaters interest me at all and the quality of the competition is extremely lackluster.
Curious? What is the "or something" you might skip? lol

randomfan

Record Breaker
Hope Anna and So Youn can have great LP. BTW I live in Western Canada so when will the scores be updated on isuresults.com for me?