“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao takes ice and immediately starts stalking the 3a :laugh:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well I would take the vacuum commercial over the baptist church service my NBC station is showing instead of skating. Bibles and basketball always trumps skating in my part of the world.:sad21:

Now NBC is showing a 'Smart Medicine' infomercial, a natural remedy for arthritis. :sad46:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why does it look like Mao Asada had to swim thru a pool to access the Kiss and Cry? Girl put in work and sweat up a storm out there :clap:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
NBC will never miss an opportunity to replay that Yuzu/Han collision, huh.

iceberg

On the Ice
How come Simon of besp in the gala night once again said Mao as twice of a world champion. Seriously BESP what a disappointment what happened to their quality control as journalists?

Meoima

Match Penalty
How come Simon of besp in the gala night once again said Mao as twice of a world champion. Seriously BESP what a disappointment what happened to their quality control as journalists?
^ they botch skaters' names from various countries quite frequently too, what do you expect. At least they didn't botch Mao's name because her name is easy to pronounce. :console:

mary01

Final Flight
The Mao fans are really too funny with their consistant denying of her flutzing and underrotation. You really have to live in a special "reality" to believe what they believe. :laugh:

listen dear, I did not sit on the tech panel, nor was i one of the judges nor one of the commentators, if you don't agree with the judgement in the events, it's your thing, but fact is she did get the lutz ratified in 2008/2009 NHK and the GPF with good goe, that's a fact, whether you guys like it or not. besides if you want me to take your comments just a bit seriously, then try to stay in the subject instead of trying to invent things i never said.

iceberg

On the Ice
^ they botch skaters' names from various countries quite frequently too, what do you expect. At least they didn't botch Mao's name because her name is easy to pronounce. :console:

that doesnt connect. mis-pronounciation is different from mis-information. Giving wrong information im sure is against their code of ethics because they work in journalism. The credibility of their network is at stake. But also of the athlete's. Chris(if im not mistaken) is not even correcting his partner Simon. Clearly whats going on? Hmmm

Meoima

Match Penalty
that doesnt connect. mis-pronounciation is different from mis-information. Giving wrong information im sure is against their code of ethics because they work in journalism. The credibility of their network is at stake. But also of the athlete's. Chris(if im not mistaken) is not even correcting his partner Simon. Clearly whats going on? Hmmm
In most cases it's not mispronunciation, in most cases they're too lazy to learn how to pronounce their names right. It's the same anyways because some skaters don't have that much difficult names to remember. Those British commentators are always like that. "Patrick Chan of China..." Anyone remember?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wowzers.... Mao got some really good PCS scores in the FS. I wonder what her SB is going to be?

Poor Rika went out and owned her program and lost to an average Mao on every mark. Even P/E :laugh2:

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Wowzers.... Mao got some really good PCS scores in the FS. I wonder what her SB is going to be?

Poor Rika went out and owned her program and lost to an average Mao on every mark. Even P/E :laugh2:

Hopefully. She get's 69 for perfect free skates.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We could probably just start giving her a bye to the Galas :laugh:

mary01

Final Flight

Rika got more then she could have wished for, a PB score in the sp, fs, and overall score, which is quite an achievement. Her pcs did also rise, so her performance did not go unnoticed nor unrewarded.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rika got more then she could have wished for, a PB score in the sp, fs, and overall score, which is quite an achievement. Her pcs did also rise.

You don't think Rika wishes she could win :biggrin:

begin

Medalist
In most cases it's not mispronunciation, in most cases they're too lazy to learn how to pronounce their names right. It's the same anyways because some skaters don't have that much difficult names to remember. Those British commentators are always like that. "Patrick Chan of China..." Anyone remember?

lol that Patrick one was amazing. They can be rather careless with their information, on top of their many mispronunciations (another epic one is Pyongyang instead Pyeongchang...)

iceberg

On the Ice
lol that Patrick one was amazing. They can be rather careless with their information, on top of their many mispronunciations (another epic one is Pyongyang instead Pyeongchang...)

I am starting to really lose some respect with Simon Nicky and Chris tbh. I miss Kurt and Tracy for me they were much more professional and more like analysts. Yes they could be biased but they are more articulate and dont use insulting words against the skaters like that from the besp once did. I love the brit guys but now i dont know. Sad

David21

On the Ice
listen dear, I did not sit on the tech panel, nor was i one of the judges nor one of the commentators, if you don't agree with the judgement in the events, it's your thing, but fact is she did get the lutz ratified in 2008/2009 NHK and the GPF with good goe, that's a fact, whether you guys like it or not. besides if you want me to take your comments just a bit seriously, then try to stay in the subject instead of trying to invent things i never said.

Listen sister, I did not deny that Mao got those lutzes ratified. I'm talking about what I have seen on the ice. The tech panel and judges are human beings and they sometimes make mistakes. Same with Mao's underrotations which, like I have pointed out often already, the judges often miss because thery are sometimes hard to spot.
Again: Fact is that Mao flutzes (I have seen her take her off from a true, clear outside edge, if you think the opposite you are free to post and prove it). One or two mistakes from the tech panel doesn't change that.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am starting to really lose some respect with Simon Nicky and Chris tbh. I miss Kurt and Tracy for me they were much more professional and more like analysts. Yes they could be biased but they are more articulate and dont use insulting words against the skaters like that from the besp once did. I love the brit guys but now i dont know. Sad
I don't remember if it's Scott or Kurt several years ago saying this "3Lz3T is more difficult than 3A2T because it has more rotation." :con3::gaah:
As for me it's just: commentators!!! :curse: