dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
6 - 8 Nov 2015
Beijing China

SHORT DANCE

15:30 (UTC +8) November 6, 2015

Key Points of the Ravensburger with gifs. Thank you, TheGrandSophy!
http://ach-nein.tumblr.com/post/131707361370/ravensburger-waltz-key-points-2015-technical

What date and time is it in Beijing, China (UTC +8) ?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/china/beijing

Compare to the time near where you live:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...79&p3=136&p4=166&p5=248&p6=240&p7=141&p8=1392

Detailed Schedule, showing times each team skates
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_IceDance_SD_TimeSchedule.pdf

Icenetwork Schedule ( Eastern Standard Time (UTC -4) )​

11/6/2015 2:30am Short Dance

START ORDER​

​ENTRIES

No.NameNation
1Yue CONG / Zhuoming SUNCHN
SD March, Waltz; choreo by Angelika Krylova and Pasquale Camerlengo
FD Michael Bublé Medley; choreo by Angelika Krylova and Pasquale Camerlengo
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...e-Cong-amp-Zhuoming-Sun&p=1270101#post1270101
2Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIUCHN
SD Waltz: Piano Man by Billy Joel, Foxtrot: Fever by Peggy Lee by Michael Bublé; choreo by Angelika Krylova and Pasquale Camerlengo
FD Night Fight (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) by Yo-Yo Ma and Tan Dun, A Love Before Time (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) by Coco Lee, Fury, Hammer, And Tongs(from Jade Empire) by Jack Wall; choreo by Angelika Krylova and Pasquale Camerlengo
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55347-Wang-Shiyue-amp-Liu-Xinyu
3Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENGCHN
SD Waltz: La Valse Champagne by Patrick Doyle, Polka: La Polka de Paris by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Marina Zueva, Oleg Epstein, Massimo Scali
FD Je suis malade by Lara Fabian; choreo by Marina Zueva, Oleg Epstein, Massimo Scali
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55339-Zhao-Yue-amp-Zheng-Xun&p=1165124#post1165124
4Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTEITA
SD Waltz and Polka from the operetta The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar
FD Medley of Fellini soundtracks by Nino Rota, including The Nights of Cabiria, Amarcord, and 8 1/2
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39270-Anna-Cappellini-amp-Luca-Lanotte
5Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHINRUS
SD Somebody to love, We will rock you by Queen; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Olga Riabinina, Antonio Najarro
FD Frida soundtrack; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Olga Riabinina, Antonio Najarro
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?50387-Elena-Ilinykh-amp-Ruslan-Zhigashin
6Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEYSVK
SD Medley of songs danced to by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers - "Waltz in Swing Time" performed by Jerome Kern, "They Can't Take That Away From Me" by George Gershwin, performed by Tony Bennett, and "That's Entertainment" by Henry Mancini; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, Corrado Giordani, Barbara Riboldi
FD Malena soundtrack by Ennio Morricone (Passeggiata In Paese by Ennio Morricone, Kutlama by Mr. Avant Garde Folk, Ma l'amore no by Ennio Morricone, Orgia by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, Corrado Giordani, Barbara Riboldi
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55772-Federica-Testa-amp-Luk%E1%9A-Cs%F6lley
7Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSA
SD "More" by Andrea Bocelli and "Unchained Melody" by Il Divo; choreo by Igor Shpilband (new program)
FD Concerto No. 2 Adagio by Sergei Rachmaninov, Concerto No. 2 Allegro by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Igor Shpilband
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?49489-Madison-Chock-amp-Evan-Bates
8Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKERUSA
SD The Waltz of the Flowers and the Nutcracker March from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite; choreo by P. Camerlengo & A. Krylova
FD The Theory of Everything (soundtrack) by Johann Johannsson; choreo by P. Camerlengo & A. Krylova
Fan Fest: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51106-Kaitlin-Hawayek-amp-Jean-Luc-Baker

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Top 3 is kinda unpredictable here. I think Chock/Bates are favorites, that's for sure, but Cappellini/Lanotte can score very high, in my opinion. And you never know how judges will react on Ilinykh/Zhiganshin ..ummm... creative short dance :biggrin:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Top 3 is kinda unpredictable here. I think Chock/Bates are favorites, that's for sure, but Cappellini/Lanotte can score very high, in my opinion. And you never know how judges will react on Ilinykh/Zhiganshin ..ummm... creative short dance :biggrin:

I know it's a different discipline, but judges didn't seem to freak out over Scimeka/Kneirim's Metallica short program (awarded first place at SA!)

Weathergal

Medalist
I know it's a different discipline, but judges didn't seem to freak out over Scimeka/Kneirim's Metallica short program (awarded first place at SA!)

True, but ice dance, even though the first to allow lyrics, seems much pickier/more conservative with music choices, especially in the SD. But I'm hoping you're right because their SD is growing on me, and I really like them as a team.

Snow63

Record Breaker

Well, yes. That's what I meant, you never know. It could be a hit. But they don't have home field advantage as Scimeca/Knierim had. So we'll see, it's really interesting to see how judges will take it :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In the SD, the rhythms are a requirement, and there is also a requirement that the beat be consistent. It is actually timed during the competition. So enforcing the rules is not being picky. Correct timing is key in dance competition. It is why it is part of a PCS category in the FD as well as the SD.

OTOH, in previous years, rules and deductions for bad timing and incorrect rhythyms have been enforced in a spotty and inconsistent fashion, something I disapprove even more. IMO if you have a rule, you should enforce it or get rid of the rule.

Frankly, I would deduct for I/Z's waltz because it is in 6/8 time, and is not a waltz. This is completely independent of how they skate it, or whether music is modern or baroque era. If you enter the world's best chihuahua in the English sheepdog category at the Westminster Dog Show, he should not win or even place.

There is even a very old joke about this:
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/jokes-forum/14814-shaggy-dog-contest.html

At the shaggy dog contest, the judge should look at the chihuahua and say, "That's not a shaggy dog at all.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
In the SD, the rhythms are a requirement, and there is also a requirement that the beat be consistent. It is actually timed during the competition. So enforcing the rules is not being picky. Correct timing is key in dance competition. It is why it is part of a PCS category in the FD as well as the SD.

OTOH, in previous years, rules and deductions for bad timing and incorrect rhythyms have been enforced in a spotty and inconsistent fashion, something I disapprove even more. IMO if you have a rule, you should enforce it or get rid of the rule.

Frankly, I would deduct for I/K's waltz because it is in 6/8 time, and is not a waltz. This is completely independent of how they skate it, or whether music is modern or baroque era. If you enter the world's best chihuahua in the English sheepdog category at the Westminster Dog Show, he should not win or even place.

There is even a very old joke about this:
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/jokes-forum/14814-shaggy-dog-contest.html

At the shaggy dog contest, the judge should look at the chihuahua and say, "That's not a shaggy dog at all.

I'm not sure if you mean Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, or Sinitsina/Katsalapov. But I assume it's Ilinykh/Zhiganshin since you posted it in Cup of China thread and they're going to skate there.
I was 100% sure that STL had 3/4 time signature, at least that's what I heard by my ear. But after googling I see that it's actually 6/8. That means you are absolutely correct and there should be music violation deduction. I wonder if panel would be brave enough to actually apply it in Elena and Ruslan case.
Judges and referee were pretty forgiving to Weaver/Poje's Elvis SD, there should have been a deduction for music violation too, since it was also in 6/8 time.

Marta25

Medalist
I'm not sure if you mean Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, or Sinitsina/Katsalapov. But I assume it's Ilinykh/Zhiganshin since you posted it in Cup of China thread and they're going to skate there.
I was 100% sure that STL had 3/4 time signature, at least that's what I heard by my ear. But after googling I see that it's actually 6/8. That means you are absolutely correct and there should be music violation deduction. I wonder if panel would be brave enough to actually apply it in Elena and Ruslan case.
Judges and referee were pretty forgiving to Weaver/Poje's Elvis SD, there should have been a deduction for music violation too, since it was also in 6/8 time.

Hmmm, I googled it too and found out it`s a 3/4. :shrug:

Halina Gordon-Półtorak was at the panel in Saransk, I guess she would have said something to Elena and Ruslan if something is wrong with STL.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I did mean I&Z. AFAIR, S&K used the Waltz from Swan Lake, which is fine.

Yes, but remember W&P were warned, perhaps at the judges' review?, and changed it. Probably a judge or two voted to take the deduction not a majority.

And several music deductions have been taken at several competitions for other teams. It is in the air this year.

That said, I doubt the judges will be brave enough :shrug:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I googled it too and found out it`s a 3/4. :shrug:

Halina Gordon-Półtorak was at the panel in Saransk, I guess she would have said something to Elena and Ruslan if something is wrong with STL.

She was referee? Only Referee and judges are responsible for music violation, not technical panel.

About 3/4 or 6/8: I'm not going to say anything for sure, I'm not an expert. I need to look at notes, I don't have time now, and I'm from my phone. I'll try to check it tomorrow morning :)

Marta25

Medalist
She was referee? Only Referee and judges are responsible for music violation, not technical panel.

About 3/4 or 6/8: I'm not going to say anything for sure, I'm not an expert. I need to look at notes, I don't have time now, and I'm from my phone. I'll try to check it tomorrow morning :)

No, she was the Technical Controller, but she is the chair-holder of the technical committee for ice dancing, so I hope, she would have warned them.

Anyway, I`m so excited to see how I/Z will do against C/L and C/B :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am certain they would have been advised to edit the music to get the required beat requirements. Although I agree with most, just excited to see the improvements made on the dance, not to mention their new gala, finally.

They may not have a traditional waltz in terms of music, but they sure dance it as though it were, very, very nicely; lovely extension, energy and attention to detail.

F-B/S don't have what one might traditionally be considered a waltz do they? C/B as well? Did they earn the requisite deductions? I don't recall....but all in all let's just wait and see.

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Weird to hear that I/Z's waltz might be 6/8, as I'm not good with the technicalities of music at all but their waltz beat was the most clear to me out of all the top teams (so far), at least before C/B and W/P changed theirs.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Weird to hear that I/Z's waltz might be 6/8, as I'm not good with the technicalities of music at all but their waltz beat was the most clear to me out of all the top teams (so far), at least before C/B and W/P changed theirs.

We'll know soon enough. Changes may or may not be necessary and all will be for the better. Best to know these things earlier rather than later. But it just goes to show how pointless Russian test skates can be if something as important as this wasn't picked up then :shocked::dumb::hslap::hap85: Loving the new emoticons, can't you tell..LOL.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I am certain they would have been advised to edit the music to get the required beat requirements. Although I agree with most, just excited to see the improvements made on the dance, not to mention their new gala, finally.

They may not have a traditional waltz in terms of music, but they sure dance it as though it were, very, very nicely; lovely extension, energy and attention to detail.

F-B/S don't have what one might traditionally be considered a waltz do they? C/B as well? Did they earn the requisite deductions? I don't recall....but all in all let's just wait and see.

It's not 'beat requirements' (there's no such thing), and not even tempo violation, it's called music violation. If it would be tempo violation (not met 'beat requirements' as you say), it would be just 1 point deduction. But music violation is actually 2 points deduction, and most probably 'timing' mistake in all keypoints, which require steps and turns during particular beats.
You can edit the music to make tempo slower or faster, but you can't 'edit' music to make it 3/4 from 6/8, it's impossible, you need to re-do it completely. That being said, if there is slightest doubt that music requirements are not met, even if deduction was not applied at any particular competition, a team still need to keep it in mind that it could 'show up' at Euros or even Worlds later during the season. It's not a pleasant surprise. You can skate the pattern PERFECTLY, and very, very nicely; with lovely extension, energy and attention to detail, and still get level 1 for it with 3 'timing' errors, simply because music count is not 1!-2-3 1!-2-3, but 1!-2-3! 1-2!-3.

As for other teams, Chock/Bates 'Dark eyes' waltz have met all requirements, it's actually second rhythm (polka) judges suggested to change; so Igor decided to change the dance completely. The worst example, however, is Hubbel/Donohue, who skate their pattern to 4/4 song. They still didn't get deduction, though. But it doesn't mean it'll be the same at Worlds.

And it's not about tradition VS creative modern. It's only about music, rhythm and tempo requirements.

No, she was the Technical Controller, but she is the chair-holder of the technical committee for ice dancing, so I hope, she would have warned them.

Well, she definitely would say them if she would know, that's for sure. Let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Good catch. But if they violated the music requirement shouldn't they have been advised about this months ago? It almost seems like that would be negligent on the part of their FED, doesn't it?

Snow63

Record Breaker
Good catch. But if they violated the music requirement shouldn't they have been advised about this months ago? It almost seems like that would be negligent on the part of their FED, doesn't it?

And why no one told Weaver/Poje that they skate to 6/8 music? Same goes for Chock/Bates, Hubbel/Donohue, and all the teams who actually received music and tempo violation deductions this season. It's hard to say why, I guess no one pays attention to this little detail, until it's too late :shrug:

Edit: but all this talk is useless, until we know if STL is 6/8 for sure. Honestly, I would be glad if they will change it, what a bad fan I am :hopelessness:

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
And why no one told Weaver/Poje that they skate to 6/8 music? Same goes for Chock/Bates, Hubbel/Donohue, and all the teams who actually received music and tempo violation deductions this season. It's hard to say why, I guess no one pays attention to this little detail, untill it's too late :shrug:

Edit: but all this talk is useless, until we know if STL is 6/8 for sure. Honestly, I would be glad if they will change it, what a bad fan I am :hopelessness:

Little detail....:rofl::whack: