2015 Finlandia Trophy Men's SP and FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Men's SP and FS

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's so hard for you to praise someone without hurling insults at others, isn't it.

I thought I was being generous. Apart from him and Adian Pitkeev, who'd you say is artistic among Russian guys? Compare to someone like Adam?

"Freddie". It's "Freddie". :mad: (Sorry, I diehard fan here.)

Apologies.. Freddie it is :) Big fan :) Crap speller!

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
From me Adam gets:

Bonus points for: 1) Hair and generally being the hottest guy in the field 2) having fun 3) spins 4) general looking great while skating because I love his skating
I second all of that :biggrin:
Kind of like Voronov last year. The music editing isn't really my thing, but he sold the hell out of that program. Loved it, he was so much fun to watch.

Shame about Voronov. I love the guy, but he seemed off today.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Hino is primarily a jumper, and he was cranking them out after the opening fall on quad. Granted he relaxed and was better as his program continued, but not good presentation skills and no musicality. His skating doesn't do much for me. As far as Hino's costume, he looked good ... Johnny Weir's influence still in action.

I really like Menshov and he was on, especially after seeing how Voronov faltered technically. Menshov knew he had the technical goods to win, plus I do see a lot of improvement in Menshov's overall look and in his movement qualities over the ice. Voronov really tries hard and I feel for the guy, but he is still a bit jerky, awkward and stiff, and he does not have nice lines. I did enjoy the way Voronov came out last season really trying to rock it and entertain with his It's a Man's World program, so I give him a lot of props for working hard. Still, I don't understand why Voronov gets such high scores for SS. There's no way Voronov's individual and overall scores in PCS categories should be close to or a few points higher than Adam's PCS scores (as they were in the sp)! Even Tim Dolensky is a much smoother and a more refined skater, as well as a good jumper when he's on. I believe that Tim also should have had a bit higher PCS. But yes, losing the errors needs to happen for everyone who wants to be competitive in the tough men's field.

I really like Brezina's sp, and I feel Brezina still has wonderful potential, but that right now he is still lacking in overall confidence so the judges sense that and it does not help his scores. Brezina needs to keep working hard on improving his technical consistency, and in continuing to further refine and develop his presentation skills. I enjoy watching Michael Christian Martinez, and I think he should be rated higher than he seems to be by the judges. But once again, as with all the skaters, MCM can help himself by going clean.

Adam is looking so fit, and his training sessions have been very strong leading up to this event. But I think Adam let his confidence stray, as I see no reason why he didn't land all his 3-axels cleanly in both programs. The fall on the quad in his sp was a nervous fall right in front of the judges. Why plan to land it right in front of the judges? I say go for placement near perhaps but not that near the judges. I do give Adam credit in going for and landing that last 3-axel in his fp in the place where a 2-axel was planned since he had doubled one of his 3-axels in the beginning. That was thinking on his feet and fighting for his program. And it's really a great program for Adam. It gets the crowd clapping and he looks stellar with very cool moves. His costume is quite wonderful, and the hair is kinda fun and different.

Adam has definitely worked very hard too and it shows. Everything is set up for him to make some strides upward now and not settle for less than what he's truly capable of. Perhaps he should rethink going for the 4-lutz and see where he's at with the other quads he's been working on. He seemed to want to play it safe and leave out the quad in the fp this time (especially with the top guys at Finlandia not necessarily having been that strong overall, aside from Menshov). I think Adam needs to gain more confidence from this outing, store it up and come prepared to make some louder noise at his next event.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like Menshov and he was on, especially after seeing how Voronov faltered technically. Menshov knew he had the technical goods to win, plus I do see a lot of improvement in Menshov's overall look and in his movement qualities over the ice. Voronov really tries hard and I feel for the guy, but he is still a bit jerky, awkward and stiff, and he does not have nice lines. I did enjoy the way Voronov came out last season really trying to rock it and entertain with his It's a Man's World program, so I give him a lot of props for working hard. Still, I don't understand why Voronov gets such high scores for SS. There's no way Voronov's individual and overall scores in PCS categories should be close to or a few points higher than Adam's PCS scores (as they were in the sp)! Even Tim Dolensky is a much smoother and a more refined skater, as well as a good jumper when he's on. I believe that Tim also should have had a bit higher PCS. But yes, losing the errors needs to happen for everyone who wants to be competitive in the tough men's field.

Well Voronov lost to them all today on PCS (Firus, Dolensky, Menshov, Brezina, Adam), losing almost 10 pts to Adam.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Serghey Voronov has had a bad day today and after his free skate in Kiss& Cry he muttered to Eteri: "That's it, I'm done. I don't want to skate anymore. I'm going to do some other things in life. I'm seroius, I'm not going to skate anymore, I'm gonna do something else." (You can hear it in Russian at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6xw6rPtas).
I hope he realises it was just a bad day and would not give up. It's too soon, man!

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Serghey Voronov has had a bad day today and after his free skate in Kiss& Cry he muttered to Eteri: "That's it, I'm done. i don't want to skate anymore. I'm going to do some other things in life. I'm seroius, I'm not going to skate anymore, I'm gonna do something else." (You can hear it in Russian at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6xw6rPtas).
I hope he realises it was just a bad day and would not give up. It's too soon, man!

Ohh no. I hope he doesn't quit.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Serghey Voronov has had a bad day today and after his free skate in Kiss& Cry he muttered to Eteri: "That's it, I'm done. i don't want to skate anymore. I'm going to do some other things in life. I'm seroius, I'm not going to skate anymore, I'm gonna do something else." (You can hear it in Russian at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6xw6rPtas).

Nooo....but if his heart is not in it, better to try something else. Skating is so harsh, only do it if you really want to. :cry:

Rissa

Record Breaker

Oh no! I realize he's been skating for a long long time, but even if this is to be his last season, I hope he'll rediscover the enjoyment of it. I think he gained lots of fans just for giving off the vibe of enjoyment and it'd be such a shame if he lost it. Head up, Sexy Sergei!

This youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngBwf3yHJYVEJZZ9aypTmQ has a few super-quality videos, including Kontantin, Adam, Sergei, Hino, and Michal's FS.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Serghey was at press conference and he sort of calmed down a bit. He said he and his team are going to analyse what went wrong with free skate today.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Serghey Voronov has had a bad day today and after his free skate in Kiss& Cry he muttered to Eteri: "That's it, I'm done. I don't want to skate anymore. I'm going to do some other things in life. I'm seroius, I'm not going to skate anymore, I'm gonna do something else." (You can hear it in Russian at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6xw6rPtas).

Completely off-topic... but where were these videos grabbed from? They had some nice closeups during the performance and the K&C.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Completely off-topic... but where were these videos grabbed from? They had some nice closeups during the performance and the K&C.

Not off-topic at all, I am curious about this too :think:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Somebody mentioned it was from a local TV. But I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear that... may be he just got tired mind. Need some cheering up from Julia and Team Eteri. He does seem disinterest compare to last year, but I thought it might just be an energy thing, food poison etc...