2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 21 Ladies Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 21 Ladies Free Skate

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Apologies for the keyboard workout, it seems we are basically saying the same thing.

And I may have taken it the wrong way, but I took Stitch's comment to suggest that Emily may have enjoyed being alone in the K&C, or that finding oneself in such a situation makes one perceived as a 'weirdo'.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Results are reflected at the Junior Grand Prix Standings page of ISU website. Assignments for JGP Poland is also seen there, and it shows Polina vs Serafima in Poland. I bet they will %100 change this situation.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would also like to say how proud I am of Vivian Le! Her first JGP and she medaled! I'm so excited for the JGP Colorado Springs!

Barb

Record Breaker
I would prefer to be alone at K&C at any circumstance but I could tolerate to be with my coach. So I don´t agree with the suggestion to be with someone at K&C like an mandatory rule.
And about the competition, good for Polina, she did great.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Polina's jumps are really impeccable. She does not look that juniorish due to her height;
Mai reminds me Satoko a lot; tiny body/boots too large/low heigh jump with sort of bend-knee landing, though her jumps are actually better looking than those of Satoko;
Vivian has great height in her jumps. She might be able to do a quad in the future. She looks like a good competitor.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vivian is an excellent competitor. She fell on her second jump but it didn't bother her a bit---she went on as if it had never happened. But if she hadn't fallen on the loop, she would have beaten Mihara for silver: the fall cost her 4 points, and Mihara edged her by 3.06 points.

helene1967

Rinkside
Tsurskaya will almost certainly go to Austria since it doesn't really matter if she loses to Wakaba(or even get 3rd) she'd make the Junior Grand Prix Final.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2015/jgpsladies.htm
Tsurskaya is planned to 5th Event, Poland.
Also at 5th Event are planned: Nitaya (probably will be substituted), Glenn, Sakamoto, Serafini.

Le is planned to 3rd (USA).

Mihara - 4th Austria, Higuchi (better to give them different Events, so may change), Sakhanovich (two adjacent events, may change), Sotskova, Tennell.
I believe will be big changes of entries of leaders at 4th Event, now it looks as mini-Final of JGP.

helene1967

Rinkside
Vivian's gotta learn to compete, so if it means that she doesn't make the JGPF this year, that's fine.
Why?

Russia has several pretenders to JGP - Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Fedichkina, maybe others.
Japan - too, Mihara, Higuchi, Aoki, maybe Honda.
USA - ony Le, because Tennell, Pierce, Glenn look much lower level.

So I want to see Le in Final.

hanca

Record Breaker
Why?

Russia has several pretenders to JGP - Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Fedichkina, maybe others.

For Le to get to JGPF, she needs to get gold or silver. Two bronze medals won't do it.

I think potentially you also missed Proklova from Russian ladies.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So many comments about an eighteen years old skater sitting alone in K&C.... I have seen it happens now and then, because of the skate order and skaters being coached by the same person. I´d imagine that skaters know that it can happen and are prepared for it. Perhaps those who need another person there, will have somebody or some person very much wants to be there with a skater, LOL.

Tsurskaya was amazing and I also liked Le very much, have to watch
Mihara´s performance now. I wonder how tall Tsurskaya will get, as she is already 168 cm and only 14 years old: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054618.htm

Last edited:

helene1967

Rinkside
For Le to get to JGPF, she needs to get gold or silver. Two bronze medals won't do it.
Le has a good chance to earn 2nd or even 1st place at 3rd Event, USA.

I think potentially you also missed Proklova from Russian ladies.
Nobody knows will Proklova be in competitive state to last JGP Events or not, the same Iushenko.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So many comments about an eighteen years old skater sitting alone in K&C.... I have seen it happens now and then, because of the skate order and skaters being coached by the same person. I´d imagine that skaters know that it can happen and are prepared for it. Perhaps those who need another person there, will have somebody or some person very much wants to be there with a skater, LOL.

Tsurskaya was amazing and I also liked Le very much, have to watch
Mihara´s performance now. I wonder how tall Tsurskaya will get, as she is already 168 cm and only 14 years old: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054618.htm

I used to be worried about Tsurskaya's height, but she improved so much since last season already and her jumps have gotten even bigger, so the height does not seem to be hurting her at all. Realistically she could grow to 173-175 cm, unless she had her growthspurt early, but if she does wind up that tall and can still jump like a boss it could really move the sport forward and we might continue to see more tall ladies skaters at the top levels. I feel like in general the ladies are getting taller anyways. In any event, Polina won me over here. Last season I wasn't a huge fan but she has god given talent with those jumps of hers and I think her power and body awareness/limb control is impressive for a 14 year old. Excited to see what she does at her next event!

Le was also amazing. That lutz :shocked: it's huge! Emily Chan is also a nice skater but a shame about her jumps in the FS. Mihara is nice but her jump technique seems questionable, will have to wait and see for her. But the top 3 were amazing in terms of quality!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I really liked Polina's FP, I was dissapointed when I watched her SP.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Emily Chan at all. At 18, her jumps are not going anywhere. It does not look like she can jump well even at practice.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to be worried about Tsurskaya's height, but she improved so much since last season already and her jumps have gotten even bigger, so the height does not seem to be hurting her at all. Realistically she could grow to 173-175 cm, unless she had her growthspurt early, but if she does wind up that tall and can still jump like a boss it could really move the sport forward and we might continue to see more tall ladies skaters at the top levels. I feel like in general the ladies are getting taller anyways.

It isn't only height that is a concern for a 14-year-old. There is also bodily development ahead for her, and that can be far more disruptive than growing taller.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Why?

If glenn skates clean to her full abilities she is easily *better* than Le. She just needs to get her head together, otherwise her jumps and spins are easily as good as Gracie gold, at least during practice.