2015 Skate America Gala/Exhibition | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Gala/Exhibition

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max really needs an EX costume! It's always a white tee and jeans. (My go-to at home.)

Um, between the jeans that accentuate his assets and the tight white t-shirt that shows off his top half (and then rides up nicely) I am failing to see any problem here. :eek::

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Um, between the jeans that accentuate his assets and the tight white t-shirt that shows off his top half (and then rides up nicely) I am failing to see any problem here. :eek::

Maybe for you! That's just everyday attire for me. :sarcasm:

andromache

Record Breaker
So did all of the gold medalists do a "vignette" from their winning competitive programs except for Max? Also, is doing a program section during the EX a new thing? I rarely watch galas so I'm not sure.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... How come he is doing Javier's Black betty!? Pretty cool actually.

You should ask Javi why he adopted Max's Black Betty.

Max has been performing to Black Betty as an exhibition program since 2013, long before Javi's SP.

ETA:
Ooops, sorry. Did not see that TMC already had explained the same thing before I did.​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maybe for you! That's just everyday attire for me. :sarcasm:

But the t-shirt/jeans look suits his exhibition programs :).

And IMO, it suits Max better :yes: than at least one of his other exhibition costumes that I have seen.

Layback11

Record Breaker
So did all of the gold medalists do a "vignette" from their winning competitive programs except for Max? Also, is doing a program section during the EX a new thing? I rarely watch galas so I'm not sure.

Yes. That's not usually a thing that happens-they probably only did it because Nicole Rajicova and Denis Ten withdrew and they had to fill the time somehow.

cleo2070

Final Flight
What music did Han Yan skate to? Loved it, I feel like I know but I don't and Soundhound isn't helping:cry:

So I checked and "Lonely by Akon" was his EX last season - but it definitely wasn't the same as today. Maybe there was a mix-up with the info and this piece of music isn't actually called Lonely, as the organizers announced? I like it very much too, hopefully we'll find out its name soon...

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Yes. That's not usually a thing that happens-they probably only did it because Nicole Rajicova and Denis Ten withdrew and they had to fill the time somehow.
I think I've seen it being done at Worlds or Euros last year - for all first place finishers.

LeCygne

Final Flight

Actually it's an encore and it's pretty common, especially in galas in Japan. The winners usually perform the most crowd-pleasing section of their competitive programs. Mao and Hanyu have been doing their footwork for years.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Actually it's an encore and it's pretty common, especially in galas in Japan. The winners usually perform the most crowd-pleasing section of their competitive programs. Mao and Hanyu have been doing their footwork for years.
I've seen this quite a lot, too :shrug: sometimes gala schedules actually list the encore as part of the program

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Encores are a staple at ISU events for the winners, but there's no rule says it has to be from their competitive programs - clearly Max felt more comfortable doing Black Betty as his encore, which he's done under lights a dozen times before, than doing Black Swan, which he has almost certainly never done under spotlights.

The only rule is that the main gala program is supposed to be an actual gala program, not a reprise of their competitive program.

Also I just watched the video of the finale and hahahahahahaha Max trying to throw the whole table into the crowd :laugh2:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
The only rule is that the main gala program is supposed to be an actual gala program, not a reprise of their competitive program.

I didn't know that there is a rule on this. I've seen many skaters skated their past competitive programs in galas even in this one.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't know that there is a rule on this. I've seen many skaters skated their past competitive programs in galas even in this one.

It can be an old competitive program but not one from the current event.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My thoughts on the gala. Not well attended, Julia, please smile more. I have no idea what this "Project Runway" guy's dress for Alexa was all about. The talk about it took up most of the breakfast. The guy had a booth on the concouse. We had to show up an hour early so Alexa and Chris could practice in private after the talk??? I am clueless here. Poor Denis. He is hurtin' Did they show this "DJ" "Romeo" playing all the rap and MoTown during the dead time both at the gala and during the week? Yuch! (Disclaimer:I am not a gala person. It was free and I had nothing better to do. I have seen maybe 4 that were great. This was not one of them.) But thanks to all the skaters for those skates all week. I have a whole passel of private moment shots I will post when I get home.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the hair - I guess that's what he looks like when he gets up in the morning, lol. I love Jason, but it's time for a new EX and something that isn't so silly. Wasn't a fan of "Cotton Eye Joe" but did like his MC Hammer.

There was way too much Beyonce for my taste. I get it - she's Queen Bey and all, but enough. Perhaps with the new Adele record out soon, we'll see a bunch of Adele routines soon.