2015 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Referring to it as Russian-style does a disservice to other skaters and choreographers.

Agreed. Wagner has a very American "cheesy" style of acting.

Presentation is pretty much acting a character. It is wonderful to see a well paced program. Mishin is horrible at developing skaters. He has had two amazing jumpers. Plushy used to act like crazy. Please. Liza is a jumper in a sport where that wins all. Her arms are crazy annoying and all over the place. Grace Gold is a goddess. I don't care whether she tries triple axel. Her jumps are huge and she is a far better skater with georgeous choreo costumes body and face. Liza cannot compare. OnlynGracies confidence has kept her from the top step. As for Ashley she's a complete package in every way. She will get her tech up and everyone would rather watch a Wagner program than a Liza pump and jump. Then do weird arms motions.

American ladies are the best right now. Some people hate that idea. Beautiful programs are what people want and fair judging. Liza was held up as that's how fast judging works always just about.it never has changed regardless what scoring system is used.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
American ladies are the best right now. Some people hate that idea. Beautiful programs are what people want and fair judging. Liza was held up as that's how fast works always just about.

Sorry, honey, Russian ladies are the best right now. That's what everyone wants and that's what they are getting most of the time, aside from this strange fluke here.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Best skinny tiny teen jumpers are what Russia has to offer. Grace Ashley and the Polina who debuted in the sp show the complete skater still matters to us coaches and choreographer. Liza strokes jumps and does Watusi arms. Horrible joke of a program awful costumes and she looks awful with all the eye make up. Who packages this poor girl who jumps so well?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Best skinny tiny teen jumpers are what Russia has to offer. Grace Ashley and the Polina who debuted in the sp show the complete skater still matters to us coaches and choreographer. Liza strokes jumps and does Watusi arms. Horrible joke of a program awful costumes and she looks awful with all the eye make up. Who packages this poor girl who jumps so well?

What is with the dislike on this board? I have never gone into detail about what I dislike about American skaters... but I could.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Presentation is pretty much acting a character. It is wonderful to see a well paced program. Mishin is horrible at developing skaters. He has had two amazing jumpers. Plushy used to act like crazy. Please. Liza is a jumper in a sport where that wins all. Her arms are crazy annoying and all over the place. Grace Gold is a goddess. I don't care whether she tries triple axel. Her jumps are huge and she is a far better skater with georgeous choreo costumes body and face. Liza cannot compare. OnlynGracies confidence has kept her from the top step. As for Ashley she's a complete package in every way. She will get her tech up and everyone would rather watch a Wagner program than a Liza pump and jump. Then do weird arms motions.

American ladies are the best right now. Some people hate that idea. Beautiful programs are what people want and fair judging. Liza was held up as that's how fast judging works always just about.it never has changed regardless what scoring system is used.
*sigh* Not sure if you're trolling or horribly misinformed, but it's rapidly becoming clear you don't even care how Ashley skates. You only support her because she's American. As Ashley's fan, I sure hope there are other people who appreciate Ashley for her qualities as a skater, rather than for nationalistic reasons or as the "only alternative" to people they hate.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Skyfly_20, is that you?

Taan

On the Ice
Polina is not happy!:no:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/31/156092342
Polina Edmunds, last year's Four Continents champion, placed fifth in both the short and the free skate, emerging with a trembling voice, colored with frustration after finishing with an overall score of 168.69.
"Today, I really wanted to skate strong and show the judges that I had a difficult program and I was ready to nail everything and just perform my best and show the judges that I'm podium ready," she said.
The feedback she received from getting no score on a flying sit spin in the short still didn't sit well with Edmunds.

"I was told that I never achieved a sit position, which, to me, is very surprising since, to me, my entire spin is in the sit position," Edmunds said.
In the free, Edmunds did her normal sit spin that she's always done before. Her levels weren't high.

"I made sure I was at a 90-degree angle," she said. "I don't know why I was dinged."

gourry

Final Flight
Oh! Almost forgot the name. Skyfly_20 lol What was the line? Old and weary Ashley? :biggrin:

I'm so happy for Ashley. Her packaging is perfect this season. Love her hair color, makeup, costumes, (I know I'm superficial but hey this is a performance.) programs fit her well, she looks very confident and seasoned. I know it's a tall order but I really wish her do well at Worlds and finally.... *fingers crossed*

It's still early season so I'm not that worried about Liza's jumps, but her program gets emptier and emptier as competitions going by. :scowl: For example, there was a bit eerie and cool choreo at the beginning of her FP at the Russian test event thingy, by Japan Open it was half gone and now it's completely gone.
And her costumes are all so similar, I can't really tell which program is which just by looking at her costumes. If she likes dark color, fine, but you don't have to always wear dark swim suits with baggy one layer cover-ups. There are other styles!!! She is a stunning girl for goodness sake.

Meoima

Match Penalty
but she isn't trying to get to the top but just to the bottom of the ice, sitting :)
Her attitude will lead her to nowhere. She didn't do as well as other, deal with it. She has invalid spins, deal with it and try it better next time. she doesn't learn from the feedback, she's done.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Her attitude will lead her to nowhere. She didn't do as well as other, deal with it. She has invalid spins, deal with it and try it better next time. she doesn't learn from the feedback, she's done.
I think you're being too harsh on her. It certainly must be frustrating to skate "visibly" well but receive multiple deductions for invalidated elements/rotations ect. (talking about the SP here obviously, not the free)

That being said, the contrast barrage of "B-but I skated well!" is worrying. Does her team really not realize what's wrong, and how to fix it? Yes, it's totally unfair that her spin got 0 just like Kaetlyn's splat. But as skaters/coaches, I hope they put more focus on correcting the errors rather than complaining to the media about it. (It's not the first time this has happened, that's what concerning) I don't blame Polina herself--more so the team around her.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think you're being too harsh on her. It certainly must be frustrating to skate "visibly" well but receive multiple deductions for invalidated elements/rotations ect. (talking about the SP here obviously, not the free)

That being said, the contrast barrage of "B-but I skated well!" is worrying. Does her team really not realize what's wrong, and how to fix it? Yes, it's totally unfair that her spin got 0 just like Kaetlyn's splat. But as skaters/coaches, I hope they put more focus on correcting the errors rather than complaining to the media about it. (It's not the first time this has happened, that's what concerning) I don't blame Polina herself--more so the team around her.
The issue with Polina is that this is the N-th time she has complained about how she thinks she did not as badly as the scores suggested.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker

I agree that her attitude isn't great. But as for not learning from feedback...at least she's fixed her flip edge.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

Oh my god. Is there a word for over bias?