2015 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 59 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate

Rissa

Record Breaker
:) I'm glad about that. You know, I have a close relative who's 5 and 7 year olds are not allowed to play with guns, swords and sticks, that's why I'm kind of sensitive about it. She gave me a sermon after I bought water guns for her boys.

Lol, yeah, that's not gonna work. If we took away all toys that could potentially promote bad/wrong things, there'd be nothing left.

mustafakent

On the Ice
Hate to break the smileys gloating parade, but as great as Ashley was at SC, there's no way American girls are currently better than Russians. It'll be pretty evident at GPF and Worlds, as it was evident at last GPF and Worlds. Russian girls rule the field, and believe me I'm none too happy about it since I want 3 Japanese skaters in the GPF (and not even Satoko) but there's just no way they'll defeat all the Russians.

Did I say American girls are better than Russian's ? We can't know what is going to happen next, who will win gpf or worlds.But in this forum people usually want to see Russian's victory and when that didn't happen they feel frustrated and try to prove Russian's are better.And as a reader, this is getting boooooooring for me.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Liza's program is just a mess. A complete mess. The PCS gap between she and Ashley was correct, but both need to be reduced by 4 or 5 points to ≈60 and ≈65. Other than Medvedeva, if Mao just does what she can do, this season is hers at this point. Why is Polina's mom still her coach? She needs to get it together or do something because he skating is so uninspired.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza's program is just a mess. A complete mess. The PCS gap between she and Ashley was correct, but both need to be reduced by 4 or 5 points to ≈60 and ≈65. Other than Medvedeva, if Mao just does what she can do, this season is hers at this point. Why is Polina's mom still her coach? She needs to get it together or do something because he skating is so uninspired.

David Glynn is Polina's coach.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hate to break the smileys gloating parade, but as great as Ashley was at SC, there's no way American girls are currently better than Russians. It'll be pretty evident at GPF and Worlds, as it was evident at last GPF and Worlds. Russian girls rule the field, and believe me I'm none too happy about it since I want 3 Japanese skaters in the GPF (and not even Satoko) but there's just no way they'll defeat all the Russians.

Did you not just see Ashley beat the top-ranked Russian and World Champion? With a score that would have beaten Medvedeva at Skate America?

I'm not saying so and so is better than so and so because it depends on the competition but clearly Ashley is a force to be reckoned with this season and Liza isn't as sharp as she was last year.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Did you not just see Ashley beat the top-ranked Russian and World Champion? With a score that would have beaten Medvedeva at Skate America?

Evgenia's score beats Ashley's score in both the SP and FS, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

OK, I just got to see the show on big-screen TV in the U.S. Sadly, I have to agree with the criticism of Tuktamysheva's program. The music was awful and the costume made this 18-year-old look like an old lady. Good jumps, but compared to last year's blitzkrieg performances, I was disappointed.

Johnny and Tara were only so-so about Wagner's long, although she performed it well. They were hardest on Edmunds, thought Nagai was promising.

Barb

Record Breaker
I can´t believe Osmond performances, she has everything to medal at each competition. Her interpretation is great, after so many falls she didn´t lost the character, impressive.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Why people hate Liza's music? I agree her program is a bit empty, but I actually think the music is nice. :shrug:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, my. I was so impressed with Polina's short program (tech issues aside).

Her long, on the other hand... isn't it time to give GWTW a rest?

I thought she looked tired. Was it as slow as it looked on television?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Why people hate Liza's music? I agree her program is a bit empty, but I actually think the music is nice. :shrug:

I like the individual pieces of music very much. I don't like them together & how it's cut. Liza liking is is the most important thing though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think honestly the post has to be taken in context. Basically watching that program was painful (literally painful) for many people- some people on the thread professed themselves to be either crying themselves or near tears, very upset, unable to watch, and so on. The joke was meant partly to relieve tension, pure and simple, at a time when many people felt quite bleak.

I personally do think it is independently funny, as I do not believe it was said with mean spirit or ill intent, which would change that of course. Being able to find humor in bad events is part of what enables humans to survive.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Skimming through the pages I saw that many share my opinion, but after watching the program again I want to add my two cents, too: I honestly tried to focus on what there was in Liza's program apart from the jumps, hoping to understand what the judges saw that made them give her 8s and 9s, but I simply couldn't :no:
Take the first three elements: there's NOTHING, simply nothing between them, not even facial expressions. Then the second half: how can you judge interpretation or performance when there is nothing that can be interpreted or performed?! :dumb: Put there an unknown skater and other jumps but leave there the actual in-between skating exactly as it is (SS, arm movements and facial expressions included) and it would be a 45 PCS, 50 if we want to be generous...

Icey

Record Breaker
Ashely shouldn't get overconfident because of this victory. Ur's remain a significant problem for her, and in the future she probably won't get the benefit of her challengers having an off competition,
especially at worlds, where it would take a meltdown from more than one of them. She certainly did deserve to win here and I'm glad for her, but the high scores, too high imo, could be misleading for her too.

I wonder if a coaching change is in the offing for Polina by next season.

Last edited: