2016-17 Russian Test skates | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Test skates

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hell no. Morozov got best girl ice dancer again? Ilinykh and his coaching never worked. Why he can't work with Stepanova+Sinitsina+Bobrova?

It is good thing she switched dance. She have better skating skills and carriage than top russian dancers. Flow and elements are there too.

:dbana:

Not gonna comment on that, because I KNOW where this discussion will go. And I don't want this mess again.

Well, it`s not like the Fed has a lot of choices for that third spot. Yanovskaya/Mozgov probably would have had the best chance to get it, but that`s all in the past, unfortunately.

Evdokimova/Bazin?

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
:dbana:

Not gonna comment on that, because I KNOW where this discussion will go. And I don't want this mess again.

Evdokimova/Bagin?

Yep, logically it should be Evdokimova/Bagin for the 3rd CoR spot, as they have an ISU ranking and a proven track record in Juniors. :)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yep, logically it should be Evdokimova/Bagin for the 3rd CoR spot, as they have an ISU ranking and a proven track record in Juniors. :)

But they're BAD. Like, really bad. Sorry :biggrin:

Mattieu

Medalist
Agreed. But still they don't have successful future, IMO. And will be replaced next season by Loboda/Drozd.

Of course, but the marks Mrs Morozov/Shibnev would get at their current level wouldn't even cut it in juniors!

However, I would much prefer to watch Mrs Morozov/Shibnev anyday!

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
It's easier to look free in your movements when you make no attempt to skate as a pair and Davankova and Shibnev clearly look like two random people just thrown together a few weeks ago.

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's easier to look free in your movements when you make no attempt to skate as a pair and Davankova and Shibnev clearly look like two random people just thrown together a few weeks ago.

I agree, I don't see the hype about these two, they look like a mess to me. They may indeed get the CoR spot but if so it's just because there are no other options, sorry.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I don't see the hype about these two
the hype is only b/c of who her hubby is :biggrin:

anyone identifies the music of TM's short??????????? I want to download it:agree:

acronycal0730

Rinkside
some thoughts about Russian ladies skating.

Adelina: I like her programs the most, especially SP, totally different style but outstanding, her skating is really mature and beautiful, with power. But will she get her jumps back? (we will have to keep waiting and see......)

Anna: Every year I like Anna's skating more and more, she is gorgeous on ice! Even better than last season. Her two programs are beautiful and suits her very well. Also, overall the jumps are quite solid. (only 1 fall). Still remember how she was not satisfied with her score at WC K&C, I believe she can even do better this season, she will not be underdog anymore!

Evgenia: I like Evgenia, she is very strong in terms of technique (like puberty is nothing!), she is also a great performer, always skate with her heart and feel the music beautifully. But I don't like the overdrama part in the choreography. Too bad that Averbuch decides to let her skate to controversial 9/11 theme, and probably put her in trouble :palmf:

Yulia: SP is gorgeous, watching it again and again, love her new spin positions. FS music edit is a bit wired, but I'm still looking forward to see it at competition. Her jumps are getting better and better, so happy for her. I feel this will be her real comeback season.

Maria: solid, consistent and elegant, with better spins and skating skill, she will be awesome and become a black horse this season.

Serafima: What a expressive and beautiful skater she is! I really like her new short program. Jumps are still not very good (and I'm not a fan of rippon...), but at least she didn't break my heart like the beginning of last season :laugh:. She did cool combination 3F-1lo-3F in her FS, but struggles a bit in 2nd half (physical strength problem?). Anyway I wish her best luck in first senior year. I think she deserves 2nd spot more than Leonova.

Liza: I watch her 2015 LP at European Championship again and wondering where are those powerful jumps going..? Is she still injured? Hope that she will do better in upcoming Nebelhorn Trophy .

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Adelina: I like her programs the most, especially SP, totally different style but outstanding, her skating is really mature and beautiful, with power. But will she get her jumps back? (we will have to keep waiting and see......)

I was surprised that Adelina landed two clean (f?)lutzes and three flips in her two programs. The jumps (at least the hard ones) seem to be there but the fitness doesn't. Her programs also seem to be unfinished, but if she is wanting to peak later in the season she seems to be on schedule at this point.

moriel

Record Breaker
I´m very happy for Anna =)

Although she isnt an underdog, and i think never was - after all, she managed to go to 3 consecutive WC, which is a big deal considering the depth of russian field.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thanks to RemyRose and Mao88 I could watch it all in one beautiful sesh today.
Mens:
Max and Sergei: Love both, not sure about Sergei's LP music.
Kolyada's LP was great, I love his SP in general, but not his performance this time.
I liked Petrov's SP.

Ladies:
I just love Evgenia, no matter what.
Lena not being well explains a few things. Again, I hope she'll choose a different version for her SP.
Anna definitely a contender this year. Loved it!
Masha= great start. All the best

Pairs:
Needless to say, super missed Ksenia & Fedor.:(
Tarasova/Morozov a force to be reckoned with. Another potential champ pair from Team Mozer!
Kavaguti/Smirnov: great to see them back. SP brilliant, LP not too sure. Performance great, but not happy with music.

Dance:
Bobrova/Soloviev can do better. I hope this is a work in progress, as I like them vey much.
Sinitsina/Katsalapov: Looking good. See how their training situation fits into everything. Potentially, they can go far.

acronycal0730

Rinkside
Moriel: Maybe I should change my words to "will not be viewed as underdog" . (I myself also never think so)

What I want to mean is, because of Anna's inconsistency last year, most people doesn't expect she will do well at WC, some even think she should not go. But she just do her best there.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Moriel: Maybe I should change my words to "will not be viewed as underdog" . (I myself also never think so)

What I want to mean is, because of Anna's inconsistency last year, most people doesn't expect she will do well at WC, some even think she should not go. But she just do her best there.

I know =) Meh, just got so mad when people said she should not go etc etc etc... After all, she CAN perform when it matters (see russian Nationals hehe, most important competition of the year for russian ladies ;))

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Hmmm she must have missed a three jump combo too

I vaguely remember reading something about her practicing a 3?-1L-3S combo or maybe a 2A as the first jump. Does anyone else remember that? Plus in the last two years she's changed her jump layout multiple times so I would hesitate to predict the layout at SA.

hugo

On the Ice