2016 Cup of China Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Free Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK0jL98L5Jg&t=28s <--- NBC version of the Shibutanis' FD thanks to sabinfire!

WeakAnkles, you and Tanith share a brain -- she specifically talks about (pretty much her only comment) that the Shibs are taking a subtle approach and that it's like "minimalist art" (VietgrlTerifa, she's channeling you too).

Though I'm :confused: at Johnny's comment (though a compliment) about Maia -- that's she's projecting more and finding her own style and she used to try to be like Meryl back in the day....I really can't see that. It's clear that Maia was trying to find her style, but I don't think Meryl had much to do with that.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK0jL98L5Jg&t=28s <--- NBC version of the Shibutanis' FD thanks to sabinfire!

WeakAnkles, you and Tanith share a brain -- she specifically talks about (pretty much her only comment) that the Shibs are taking a subtle approach and that it's like "minimalist art" (VietgrlTerifa, she's channeling you too).

Though I'm :confused: at Johnny's comment (though a compliment) about Maia -- that's she's projecting more and finding her own style and she used to try to be like Meryl back in the day....I really can't see that. It's clear that Maia was trying to find her style, but I don't think Meryl had much to do with that.

Other than having good posture (and Maia better IMO) I don´t see any similar with Meryl, now or before this season. But for sure that is an interesting comment coming of someone so close to them.

Tallorder

On the Ice
Tanith knows the ice dancers obviously. Johnny? Not so much.

Johnny obviously complimenting Maia but commenting on a general audience broadcast that she was a clone of Meryl in the past? Huh? Would be surprised if that ever occurred to anyone from the skating world as far as their skating style is concerned.

Ways that Meryl and Maia are similar? Both are extremely reliable competitors, consistently deliver the goods when it counts. Off the ice, both are regal, gracious champions and tremendous role models.

Barb

Record Breaker

Johnny obviously complimenting Maia but commenting on a general audience broadcast that she was a clone of Meryl in the past? Huh? Would be surprised if that ever occurred to anyone from the skating world as far as their skating style is concerned.

Ways that Meryl and Maia are similar? Both are extremely reliable competitors, consistently deliver the goods when it counts. Off the ice, both are regal, gracious champions and tremendous role models.

oh, it is true, I misread and thought Tanith did the Meryl comment. Same, I don´t understand his perspective.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When you're snuggling dreamboat Andrew and slimeball Morozombie makes contact, well, i'd say Kaitlyn handled herself pretty well. He's lucky to be alive.

katha

On the Ice
To get back to the skating: I'm on the fence if Morozov's approach will help or hinder WeaPo? He's probably got the right idea that they need to be de-cluttered to some degree and doing more concrete programs with powerful, passionate expression is more their thing. But there is such a thing as too open. I/K's Swan Lake was a once in a lifetime great program performed by two ridiculously charismatic skaters with super skating skills who for once trained properly in preparation for the Olys, and it also suited them both perfectly. It's easy to forget that he gave them plenty of blah nonsense...and Ghost. The horror. And that generic nonsense was also too open and I/K saved it somewhat with their performances, but the material usually wasn't worthy of their talents and potential. So idk how that will play out for W/P.

KKonas

Medalist
the shibs: beautiful skating, no mistakes (as always), great lifts, perfect twizzles. They deserved to win. but i don't think this program would win against P/C or V/M. the only moment the music change is during the twizzles, they need more change in the music .

W/P: no mistake (yeah!!!) beautiful but again this program isn't enough not just to beat the french and V/M but i'm affraid it won't be enough to beat G/P at canadian nationals. i think a lot of people love W/P. We all want them to succeed but this year the competion is really good they need a better program.

S/B i can't... this program the position in the spin and the lifts :confused: her posture :palmf:

next week nhk P/C vs V/M :hap85:

Agree that the Shibs FD shows beautiful skating, but I find the music very monotonous especially the entire first half of the program which nearly puts me to sleep. Weaver & Poje's FD music is Joaquin Rodrigo's famous Concierto de Aranjuez, which was an ode to the sorrow felt by he and his wife at the miscarriage of their first child. It is a very sad piece of music but I don't find the emotion portrayed in this choreo that makes one feel such a heartbreaking loss.

juliajk

Rinkside
Weaver and Poje skating to this piece of music, but they have their own story that they telling, that is not that sad really. This is by far my favorite FD of the season. Saw it in CoR at the arena and it blew me away completely, and now they preformed it even better. The Shibs FD is something I have a problem to give my opinion on, because I struggle to stay awake during the dance. the music is way too monotonous, I can't watch more than a minute without falling asleep.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Johnny Weir doesn't know bubkus about ice dancing, and as a very well paid commentator for a major US television network he should be docked pay for not properly preparing to do his job.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Johnny Weir doesn't know bubkus about ice dancing, and as a very well paid commentator for a major US television network he should be docked pay for not properly preparing to do his job.

Last year he commented about someone going to train in Montreal with Debriul/Lauzon that he couldn't see why they'd do that, when everybody knows the best ice dance coaches are in the Detroit area. He probably thinks Marina and Igor are still a dynamite coaching team.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks to all the dance enthusiasts who contributed to this excellent and informative thread. :clap:

Finally kind of getting caught up w this weekend's COC events and threads, and adding my thanks to Mrs. P, WeakAnkles, VIETgrlTerifa, and others who contributed such thoughtful posts. I had an immediate, visceral reaction to the Shibs FD at SA and felt the same here (I think it's exquisite), and this discussion gave me a lot of food for thought about why certain programs do or don't appeal to me. I get so much out of threads like these, really looking forward to more insights as this exciting and rather unpredictable season progresses!

Last edited:

Tallorder

On the Ice
Agree that the Shibs FD shows beautiful skating, but I find the music very monotonous especially the entire first half of the program which nearly puts me to sleep.

The Shibutani's free dance music in the first part, Spiegel Im Spiegel by Arvo Parte actually has a very haunting "other world" like character. This was mostly lost at Cup of China, where I have heard that the sound system at the arena was really poor. The speakers in the arena apparently kept randomly going in and out of function. The poor sound quality was commented as a problem on the Eurosport broadcast.

The Shibutani's had musicians from the San Francisco symphony record the music for them. Hopefully KKonas if you will have the chance to see this program in person at an event like US nationals, the impression will better reflect the qualities of this "quiet" music.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I re-watched top 5 FDs and dwelled if I should post my thoughts, was not keen on doing so, but them I found multiple comments under Shibutanis FD videos on YT saying that their FD is a bad copy of Papadakis/Cizeron FD and that gave me some 'power' to get my thoughts together. A BIG apologies in advance for the length of my post!

Natalia and Maks - I could not be any happier for them! Skating with injury, but poised to perform not let the opportunity pass - that's the spirit! The FD is one of my faves due to dynamic character, storytelling, well-balanced choreography and foremost their energy, enthusiasm and connection. What pleases me the most in their skating is the fact that they can really emote onto audience, I feel like they enjoy performing and gave a great entertainment for the audience. Of course, they are not the smoothest technicians and they not have the most extraordinary, sophisticated style/programs, but I really appreciate doing their best under all circumstances, the positivity and energy I can draw from their skating, decent edge work effort and really going all way into the story portrayed. I hope they'll be more and more determined to build on that 5th place, to develop and strengthen their programs. And generally - I think that their emoting/projecting onto the audience, the connection with it is better than some top teams to be honest.

Russian tangos - I have similar opinion on both Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Stepanova/Bukin FDs, they just not feel tango at all for me, apart from the fact that they probably intended to, looking at red dresses and some moves incorporated. S/K seemed a bit all over the place for me - choreography is very 'basic', mechanical and there is too much arms flailing for my taste. The execution did not help either - particularly Victoria was very unsure, lots of stumbles here and there, I felt like she was more focused on staying steady on ice and perform tech elements than presenting the program and interacting with Nikita. The overall FD felt like just skated through elements, not like the story, the performance, it felt forced and heavy for me. Also, I did not see any connection to the music – they seemed to skate somehow ‘aside’ of the music played. Maybe they’ll connect more with it, but the choreo must be amped up and have more actual tango feel. For Stepanova and Bukin – I appreciate the effort for going into something new for them and choosing something not so ‘natural’ for them, but again – the program feels just plain and flat for me, so-supposed-to-be tango dance has zero tango feel in it. The is a red dress, there are some holds, moves, face-grabbing, but it all feels artificial and non-authentic. There is too much gimmick element in that FD – I understand that the is very flexible with mile-long legs, but I don’t think that a tango should be or is about that. Sure – maybe this is the way they’re translating tango on ice, but it’s just not my aesthetic and I cannot connect with it. Comparing them to Sinitsina/Katsalapov I feel like choreography is more gelled and they have more connection with the music and themselves, also I prefer their expression better, but her posture – I mean, in some poses, transitions her body looks just plain awkward with that hunched back, she has to be more aware of that effect and avoid it…On a side note – in my case I feel like I’m totally spoiled of having Piper and Paul’s FD gem of a tango this season, so other tangos feel pale, junior-ish and basic I just can’t help it…The bar of everything is set impossibly high - technical mastery in choreography, the liquid, continuous feel, authentic Argentine Tango moves and atmosphere and insane level of chemistry which makes FD a complete performance, not only a program with series of tech elements placed. There is nothing literal in Piper and Paul’s FD whereas the level of literacy and stiffness in Russians tango FDs is immense. And just let me add that I can’t stop grieving over the fact that I won’t see Piper and Paul’s tango in GPF, that’s just my opinion and a matter of taste as I really don’t like Bobrova/Soloviev’s and Hubbell/Donahue’s programs this season and would swap them for Gilles/Poiries and WeaPo immediately.

Speaking of Kaitlyn and Andrew…Have to say that their programs are growing in me, especially SD – it is actually a very entertaining program, wish tho that the blues part would be different, have more ‘edge’ in it, but what takes me mostly is Kaitlyn’s attitude and presentation – she is a star, expression on point, very good hip-hop moves (which is kind of surprising for me) and that poise/energy which carried the whole performance (but ditch that eye make-up Kaitlyn, leave bold lip!). Wish Andrew would be more into it, he seems less confident to my despair. For FD – I see a potential in it, definitely, this is more of ‘classic’ WeaPo type of program I loved for them: not this contemporary, airy, symbolic thing, but quite sensual and ‘simple’ (in a sense of not overthinking it/overdesigning it). There are few WOW moments (love first lift, second step sequence, most of transitions and this ‘unforced’, organic feel of the program), but also there are few ‘empty’ moments they should work on. Wish tho the choreography overall would be more ‘sharp’ and punctuated, but it would require some other music arrange I think or maybe mixing instrumental ‘Concerto…’ with other guitar piece, I am not a fan of vocals in 1st part of the program…On a bit of a side note I think that from past 2/3 seasons WeaPo programs (FDs in particular) had grown in me thorough the season mainly due to their performance abilities – despite of my apprehension/issues towards their programs at first, I really became (more or less) convinced at the end by the way how they perform them: with conviction, dedication, energy and chemistry between them. I think that they are truly gifted performers and this is one of their best assets, if they could get more consistency and sharpness in technical execution, they could challenge anyone (maybe not French as their scores say boldly ‘GOLD IS LOCKED’).

And Maia and Alex – I have to say I got a bit teary after their performance, because it finally hit me how difficult and bumpy road they’ve had to get where they are now. I’ m starting to see now that this FD is all about their journey and that ‘evolution’ in their skating and in their lives too I think. The word ‘cerebral’ used probably in one of Mrs. P posts there is in my opinion the best one-word-description about this FD – there is a deep thought put into that creation and it shows with every move they’re doing. I think that the most difficult or one of the most difficult things to achieve is to say/express something profoundly using silence or being quiet and to get there with simple and elementary movement – I feel like Maia and Alex accomplish that by this FD. I think that the fact they are not very ‘expressive’ and loud performers helps a lot – using that quiet, subdued and minimalistic music which builds towards the end, they can really transform and even ‘slaved’ it to their movement and elements incorporated within performance. This time they really use their biggest strengths – as being known for excellent technicians with great edge work and posture – as a main point of focus in that dance, because there are no trick, no gimmicks, no flicks, no loud music to catch your eye, just pure skating presented in a form of mesmerizing picture and moreover – I’d call it ‘intellectual’ approach as this FD requires an actual effort from spectator to pay attention on their movement, how it connects with the music/express it, what is the message. As I pointed in other thread, in my eyes their took the biggest ‘risk’ of all top teams with that FD – I know the ‘risk’ term in Ice Dance is very subjective and depends on various, multiple factors, but looking how minimal Shibutanis FD is, how clinical and focused on little details, how quiet and subdued the music and their expression is this is a major risk situation for me.

On an ending thought – how many people, that many opinions/impressions on ice dance programs, performances, skating, expression, it’s a very subjective matter. But what I can’t accept and understand it accusing/stating and viewing the program as a copy of other one while the only thing in common is instrumental piece of music used in both programs. The fact that Papadakis/Cizeron are using instrumental music and modern/contemporary approach towards their FD is not an obstacle for other teams to do so, there is no limitation how many teams can do programs in so-called ‘one style’. They are not the first skaters to do such programs and not the last ones, they just made this ‘style’ as their trademark and a vehicle to success. Their skill and expression really shine in that program’ genre’ and that made them the best which is unique for them no one will take it from them. What works for one, could be not suitable for another, but bashing and trashing Shibutanis just because they use this ‘modern/contemporary’ approach towards their FD this season, viewing it as a ‘stealing/copying’ from French in the worst way is just uncalled for and lacking any logical sense. Both dances are vastly different, mainly because both duos are so friggin’ different – different movement, partnership, expression, execution, connection…If this ‘style’ of programs is working for both teams, let them be as both of FDs will attract their audiences for sure, not excluding situation where one person will actually enjoy BOTH FDs or where one will enjoy French’s program execution and Shibutanis’ program construction more regarding both FDs.

I mean – some of commentators, especially on YT and especially French ones should really differentiate using similar ‘style’ of program from copying/stealing program and not bashing skaters just because they chose to skate FD in similar ‘style’ to their beloved favourites, it’s just tasteless and plain silly. I have a concern myself that a lot of teams are having FDs in similar ‘vibe/style’ this season (wishing there would be more dynamic/quirky experiments), but at the same time it’s exciting to see what they’ll do with it as each team has different qualities and different approach towards skating in general, depending on country traditions, training environment and experience. I am subjective myself, no strange to have favourites, ‘soft spots’ for some teams regardless of programs, but I learned to be open on all teams and what is coming from them, regardless of ‘style’ and music chosen.

GPF for sure will be very interesting – to see how jugdes will evaluate 4 teams who have FDs from this one ‘similar’ modern/contemporary/abstract streamline (Virtue/Moir, Frenchies, Russians and Shibutanis) between themselves and how Chock/Bates quirky experiment of FD and Hubbell/Donahue’s mush-mush FD will fit there. Really curious.

Agree that the Shibs FD shows beautiful skating, but I find the music very monotonous especially the entire first half of the program which nearly puts me to sleep.

The Shibutani's free dance music in the first part, Spiegel Im Spiegel by Arvo Parte actually has a very haunting "other world" like character.

To me, this is a wonderful choice of music. Every time that bass chord is stuck in the piano, it just sends shivers down my spine. (Although I have to admit that I like the transcription for cello and piano even better. :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe3mXlnfNc

Mirror in the mirror. Think of the optical effect of two mirrors facing each other, each displaying an infinite regression of its own reflected self. The listener (dancer) steps from mirror to mirror, all the same, each different, each an illusion. But then what is reality? Is reality an endless succession of illusions? (Bwa-ha-ha) :rock:

Last edited:

keasus

On the Ice
To me, this is a wonderful choice of music. Every time that bass chord is stuck in the piano, it just sends shivers down my spine. (Although I have to admit that I like the transcription for cello and piano even better. :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe3mXlnfNc

Mirror in the mirror. Think of the optical effect of two mirrors facing each other, each displaying an infinite regression of its own reflected self. The listener (dancer) steps from mirror to mirror, all the same, each different, each an illusion. But then what is reality? Is reality an endless succession of illusions? (Bwa-ha-ha) :rock:

Beautifully articulated, Mathman.:thank:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I re-watched top 5 FDs and dwelled if I should post my thoughts, was not keen on doing so, but them I found multiple comments under Shibutanis FD videos on YT saying that their FD is a bad copy of Papadakis/Cizeron FD and that gave me some 'power' to get my thoughts together. A BIG apologies in advance for the length of my post!

Natalia and Maks - I could not be any happier for them! Skating with injury, but poised to perform not let the opportunity pass - that's the spirit! The FD is one of my faves due to dynamic character, storytelling, well-balanced choreography and foremost their energy, enthusiasm and connection. What pleases me the most in their skating is the fact that they can really emote onto audience, I feel like they enjoy performing and gave a great entertainment for the audience. Of course, they are not the smoothest technicians and they not have the most extraordinary, sophisticated style/programs, but I really appreciate doing their best under all circumstances, the positivity and energy I can draw from their skating, decent edge work effort and really going all way into the story portrayed. I hope they'll be more and more determined to build on that 5th place, to develop and strengthen their programs. And generally - I think that their emoting/projecting onto the audience, the connection with it is better than some top teams to be honest.

Russian tangos - I have similar opinion on both Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Stepanova/Bukin FDs, they just not feel tango at all for me, apart from the fact that they probably intended to, looking at red dresses and some moves incorporated. S/K seemed a bit all over the place for me - choreography is very 'basic', mechanical and there is too much arms flailing for my taste. The execution did not help either - particularly Victoria was very unsure, lots of stumbles here and there, I felt like she was more focused on staying steady on ice and perform tech elements than presenting the program and interacting with Nikita. The overall FD felt like just skated through elements, not like the story, the performance, it felt forced and heavy for me. Also, I did not see any connection to the music – they seemed to skate somehow ‘aside’ of the music played. Maybe they’ll connect more with it, but the choreo must be amped up and have more actual tango feel. For Stepanova and Bukin – I appreciate the effort for going into something new for them and choosing something not so ‘natural’ for them, but again – the program feels just plain and flat for me, so-supposed-to-be tango dance has zero tango feel in it. The is a red dress, there are some holds, moves, face-grabbing, but it all feels artificial and non-authentic. There is too much gimmick element in that FD – I understand that the is very flexible with mile-long legs, but I don’t think that a tango should be or is about that. Sure – maybe this is the way they’re translating tango on ice, but it’s just not my aesthetic and I cannot connect with it. Comparing them to Sinitsina/Katsalapov I feel like choreography is more gelled and they have more connection with the music and themselves, also I prefer their expression better, but her posture – I mean, in some poses, transitions her body looks just plain awkward with that hunched back, she has to be more aware of that effect and avoid it…On a side note – in my case I feel like I’m totally spoiled of having Piper and Paul’s FD gem of a tango this season, so other tangos feel pale, junior-ish and basic I just can’t help it…The bar of everything is set impossibly high - technical mastery in choreography, the liquid, continuous feel, authentic Argentine Tango moves and atmosphere and insane level of chemistry which makes FD a complete performance, not only a program with series of tech elements placed. There is nothing literal in Piper and Paul’s FD whereas the level of literacy and stiffness in Russians tango FDs is immense. And just let me add that I can’t stop grieving over the fact that I won’t see Piper and Paul’s tango in GPF, that’s just my opinion and a matter of taste as I really don’t like Bobrova/Soloviev’s and Hubbell/Donahue’s programs this season and would swap them for Gilles/Poiries and WeaPo immediately.

Speaking of Kaitlyn and Andrew…Have to say that their programs are growing in me, especially SD – it is actually a very entertaining program, wish tho that the blues part would be different, have more ‘edge’ in it, but what takes me mostly is Kaitlyn’s attitude and presentation – she is a star, expression on point, very good hip-hop moves (which is kind of surprising for me) and that poise/energy which carried the whole performance (but ditch that eye make-up Kaitlyn, leave bold lip!). Wish Andrew would be more into it, he seems less confident to my despair. For FD – I see a potential in it, definitely, this is more of ‘classic’ WeaPo type of program I loved for them: not this contemporary, airy, symbolic thing, but quite sensual and ‘simple’ (in a sense of not overthinking it/overdesigning it). There are few WOW moments (love first lift, second step sequence, most of transitions and this ‘unforced’, organic feel of the program), but also there are few ‘empty’ moments they should work on. Wish tho the choreography overall would be more ‘sharp’ and punctuated, but it would require some other music arrange I think or maybe mixing instrumental ‘Concerto…’ with other guitar piece, I am not a fan of vocals in 1st part of the program…On a bit of a side note I think that from past 2/3 seasons WeaPo programs (FDs in particular) had grown in me thorough the season mainly due to their performance abilities – despite of my apprehension/issues towards their programs at first, I really became (more or less) convinced at the end by the way how they perform them: with conviction, dedication, energy and chemistry between them. I think that they are truly gifted performers and this is one of their best assets, if they could get more consistency and sharpness in technical execution, they could challenge anyone (maybe not French as their scores say boldly ‘GOLD IS LOCKED’).

And Maia and Alex – I have to say I got a bit teary after their performance, because it finally hit me how difficult and bumpy road they’ve had to get where they are now. I’ m starting to see now that this FD is all about their journey and that ‘evolution’ in their skating and in their lives too I think. The word ‘cerebral’ used probably in one of Mrs. P posts there is in my opinion the best one-word-description about this FD – there is a deep thought put into that creation and it shows with every move they’re doing. I think that the most difficult or one of the most difficult things to achieve is to say/express something profoundly using silence or being quiet and to get there with simple and elementary movement – I feel like Maia and Alex accomplish that by this FD. I think that the fact they are not very ‘expressive’ and loud performers helps a lot – using that quiet, subdued and minimalistic music which builds towards the end, they can really transform and even ‘slaved’ it to their movement and elements incorporated within performance. This time they really use their biggest strengths – as being known for excellent technicians with great edge work and posture – as a main point of focus in that dance, because there are no trick, no gimmicks, no flicks, no loud music to catch your eye, just pure skating presented in a form of mesmerizing picture and moreover – I’d call it ‘intellectual’ approach as this FD requires an actual effort from spectator to pay attention on their movement, how it connects with the music/express it, what is the message. As I pointed in other thread, in my eyes their took the biggest ‘risk’ of all top teams with that FD – I know the ‘risk’ term in Ice Dance is very subjective and depends on various, multiple factors, but looking how minimal Shibutanis FD is, how clinical and focused on little details, how quiet and subdued the music and their expression is this is a major risk situation for me.

On an ending thought – how many people, that many opinions/impressions on ice dance programs, performances, skating, expression, it’s a very subjective matter. But what I can’t accept and understand it accusing/stating and viewing the program as a copy of other one while the only thing in common is instrumental piece of music used in both programs. The fact that Papadakis/Cizeron are using instrumental music and modern/contemporary approach towards their FD is not an obstacle for other teams to do so, there is no limitation how many teams can do programs in so-called ‘one style’. They are not the first skaters to do such programs and not the last ones, they just made this ‘style’ as their trademark and a vehicle to success. Their skill and expression really shine in that program’ genre’ and that made them the best which is unique for them no one will take it from them. What works for one, could be not suitable for another, but bashing and trashing Shibutanis just because they use this ‘modern/contemporary’ approach towards their FD this season, viewing it as a ‘stealing/copying’ from French in the worst way is just uncalled for and lacking any logical sense. Both dances are vastly different, mainly because both duos are so friggin’ different – different movement, partnership, expression, execution, connection…If this ‘style’ of programs is working for both teams, let them be as both of FDs will attract their audiences for sure, not excluding situation where one person will actually enjoy BOTH FDs or where one will enjoy French’s program execution and Shibutanis’ program construction more regarding both FDs.

I mean – some of commentators, especially on YT and especially French ones should really differentiate using similar ‘style’ of program from copying/stealing program and not bashing skaters just because they chose to skate FD in similar ‘style’ to their beloved favourites, it’s just tasteless and plain silly. I have a concern myself that a lot of teams are having FDs in similar ‘vibe/style’ this season (wishing there would be more dynamic/quirky experiments), but at the same time it’s exciting to see what they’ll do with it as each team has different qualities and different approach towards skating in general, depending on country traditions, training environment and experience. I am subjective myself, no strange to have favourites, ‘soft spots’ for some teams regardless of programs, but I learned to be open on all teams and what is coming from them, regardless of ‘style’ and music chosen.

GPF for sure will be very interesting – to see how jugdes will evaluate 4 teams who have FDs from this one ‘similar’ modern/contemporary/abstract streamline (Virtue/Moir, Frenchies, Russians and Shibutanis) between themselves and how Chock/Bates quirky experiment of FD and Hubbell/Donahue’s mush-mush FD will fit there. Really curious.

Bravo!