2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought this was going to be a gif of it. I'm actually angry there's not one already lol

I bet there will be many GIFs of it soon! I'll try and post one once I see one (I can't do graphics :laugh: )

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah, I initially stated 2 falls (I'm tired). It was just some slide choreography

Oh, that's what I expected :laugh: I was actually curious if the slide choreography would be considered as a fall when I first saw it because technically more than 3 body parts are on the ground (or whatever the requirement of a fall is).

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I bet there will be many GIFs of it soon! I'll try and post one once I see one (I can't do graphics :laugh: )

One time, I wanted to make a GIF of a particular Pogo fall (if you know which one it is, you'll know exactly why I wanted it made into a GIF. But, I'm not embarassing myself by telling you!) And I wanted to include the replays of all the various angles. But, none of the free websites let you make one over 20 seconds long, and this was about 28 seconds. And it was too complicated doing it manually. So I didn't bother.

And now I can't even remember when it happened! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Dots

Final Flight
WOW. 4CC turned the world of Pair skating on its head. :eek:

Right after Euros the possibility of having a Russian world champion was almost guaranteed. But, and who could have seen this coming, things have changed in a massive way. Sui/Han's program is INSANE, and they are be very likely to win worlds if they perform one element better than what they did here. All of the sudden Stolbova/Klimov look like a team that might not make the podium. S/M and D/R are two teams that could easily podium, even teams like S/K are starting to make a move.

The Quads are here to stay it seems.

LadyB

Record Breaker
All in all, with S/H shooting from the hip, fingers crossed that all the casualty pairs D/R, S/K, S/B recover for Worlds and we'll see a stellar event in Boston. I must admit, Scimeca/Knierim softened the blow from Meagan's bad news.

Kinga

Medalist
I actually wonder what it's like for those North Korean pairs to travel to a country that's not that far from theirs and have it be like...a whole new world. Are they allowed to sightsee? I doubt they talk to any of their competitors but do they know about them? When they do home do they tell the public that they actually won? It intrigues me
I am also concerned about them. They have sooo much potential. Will they be able to develop if they train in North Korea? What training conditions do they have? Do they have access to an ice rink all year long? It would be great if they could train in Canada sometimes, but I guess that will never happen :(

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I still find it incredibly exciting that we haven't seen a complete matchup between the top 5 pairs or so. The first time we'll see them ALL compete together will be Worlds, the most important competition this season!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
on a shallow note (typical for me) - Sui's make-up was SUBLIME today - not too much, but it enhanced the natural exotic beauty of her face, love also the hairstyle - but would love it more with some kind of accessory (fancy pin, etc.)

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
on a shallow note (typical for me) - Sui's make-up was SUBLIME today - not too much, but it enhanced the natural exotic beauty of her face, love also the hairstyle - but would love it more with some kind of accessory (fancy pin, etc.)

I agree! Her hair looks nice pinned back. It's also probably better, since it won't fly around in her face :laugh:

Kinga

Medalist

Yes, she looked pretty. But did you notice a huge bruise on her face? (Cheek). Scary!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I still find it incredibly exciting that we haven't seen a complete matchup between the top 5 pairs or so. The first time we'll see them ALL compete together will be Worlds, the most important competition this season!

same kinda goes for Ice Dance - Papadakis/Cizeron competed just at Europeans this season so a full showdown will take place in Boston.

So friggin jelaous of all who will watch livve Pairs and Ice Dance...

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes, she looked pretty. But did you notice a huge bruise on her face? (Cheek). Scary!

Sui hit her head and damaged her retina right before this competition, that might've been the reason? (I didn't notice a bruise but it could be possible)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I agree! Her hair looks nice pinned back. It's also probably better, since it won't fly around in her face :laugh:

ageed - but I'm also a fan of this new sassy haircut with longish hair near her face, she looked amazing at Chinese test skates when I first saw her with this new 'do - I thought 'when the heck she matured so fast?!'

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
ageed - but I'm also a fan of this new sassy haircut with longish hair near her face, she looked amazing at Chinese test skates when I first saw her with this new 'do - I thought 'when the heck she matured so fast?!'

Haha I completely agree :laugh: Short hair definitely gave her a new mature look! Plus the highlights too :agree:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope after Worlds Wenjing takes a LONG break and just rests. I can't believe the poor girl keeps competing while injured

That's really upsetting to read. Maybe the tone of the article is part of it, but actually the disturbing parts come from the quotes. Coach Hao said this injury may impact whether they can be at 2018 olympics or not, because surgery will be required. I suppose she's thinking that she wants to try for this world title NOW, because the future is unpredictable. Well, you can say that she has that single-minded drive needed for a top athlete.

They are a beautiful pair, and the 4Sal was to die for. But I think it has to be questioned whether ankles can properly withstand the added stress of a quad throw. Throws involve such a delicate balance between power and gentleness, even the triples.

I love Samson & Delilah and I think it's a smart choice for them. To me, S/H are a little flat on the emotional resonance, but the music does the work of uplifting the audience, so they can concentrate on the elements. Don't get me wrong -- I prefer the emotional resonance and musical interpretation in the skaters themselves, and to me that's part of what makes a great pair really great. Because of this, I prefer Tatiana and Maxim. To me, the quality of everything they do more than makes up for the upped jumps of others.

pandatours

On the Ice
I am also concerned about them. They have sooo much potential. Will they be able to develop if they train in North Korea? What training conditions do they have? Do they have access to an ice rink all year long? It would be great if they could train in Canada sometimes, but I guess that will never happen :(

I think they did really well here, but I don't know anything about them. This is speculation based off what I know about North Korea but I think they *might* be able to develop if they keep training in N Korea, but given how competitive pairs can be I doubt they will ever rise more than maybe three places? I'm fairly certain that they have access to an ice rink year round (they must in order to train well for an event like this), not sure how many ice facilities like this are in N Korea though.

I'm guessing they paid some Chinese coaches to consult/give tips. Not any of the really high up ones though like Yao Bin and Zhao Hongbo though. And yeah, the Canada thing is never gonna happen. I mean, I don't even see the powers that be in Beijing being okay with them coming over either. But it's more conceivable than Canada. They're unfortunately limited by their own country. =(