2016 JGP Yokohama Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Entries

The Finn

Record Breaker
Tarusina is up-and-coming, but if Fedichkina is fit I'd love to see either her or Nugumanova take up one of the spots here. Since Marin Honda will be here, it would be great to have the Russians who can really challenge her.

It seems you got your wish - Alisa F has replaced Tarusina here.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Is Alisa still injured?

I hope they don't pit Tsurskaya and Fedichkina in the final 2 JGPs.

Nvm. Checked back to the list and saw Alisa on it.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Ugh, the wrong skater got replaced...

Why? Tarusina already has one assignment and Samodurova does not. I get that you don't particularly like her for whatever reason but she skated very well last year and finished ahead of Tarusina at Russian Junior nationals. Sofia is certainly deserving of a JGP assignment. If Anna does well in France, she will get a second assignment. I don't see why Tarusina should get two initial assignments while Sofia gets none.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
kittyyyyyyyyyyyyy:hap10::hap93:
happy she's OK!

but why oh why she has the same GP as Marin
Im gonna be torn again!!!:tantrum::tantrum:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
What I would love to see is the ISU website list all the skaters and their assignments thus far but I guess they're waiting to do so after the France event.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I wasn't thrilled to see Carreira / Ponomarenko get their second assignment in Russia. They have a decent shot at a medal in Gervais, but their chances to get on the podium in Russia against three strong Russian teams seem pretty remote. I wish the US had picked one of the younger teams for this assignment---the rest of the field is quite weak, so a 6th-8th placement would have been OK for a team starting out.

It's a non-issue. I think you were selling C&P short, but it doesn't matter now. Russia pulled at least one--I believe two--of their more experienced teams from the list for Mordovia. If I remember correctly, I think Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Skoptcova & Aleshin were originally scheduled in Russia? I may be wrong about S&S, but Skoptcova & Aleshin definitely were and have been replaced with Kuts & Mikhailov. Makes a lot more sense. Skoptcova & Aleshin made the JGPF last season, but they lost to C&P in Torun by 4 1/2 points. Carreira & Ponomarenko will need to skate solidly in Russia. But that is true anywhere.

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why? Tarusina already has one assignment and Samodurova does not. I get that you don't particularly like her for whatever reason but she skated very well last year and finished ahead of Tarusina at Russian Junior nationals. Sofia is certainly deserving of a JGP assignment. If Anna does well in France, she will get a second assignment. I don't see why Tarusina should get two initial assignments while Sofia gets none.

Perhaps there's room for her. Gubanova, Nugumanova, Lozko, Tarusina, Fedichkina should have 2 and probably Konstantinova as well. Then when you want to give skaters like Zagitova and Samudurova spots you have to be pretty conservative with how many you're going to give out.

I guess it's not as big of a deal as it could be with Tsurskaya being injured and all. One could see it as something somewhat fortunate for some of these skaters.

I guess I should not judge their assignments before they all are out, but I'd wish that they released all JGP assignments earlier than they have. These skaters getting problems is only an issue if some of the more important skaters don't get 2 spots.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Where are tickets???? All gone in a second or two. I've never been to Junior competitions, the venue is the closest rink available for int'l comps from where I live, I was so much interested in going! I was so looking forward to seeing Sena, Vincent and Sadovsky live... :sarcasm:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Alisa and Marin! Can't wait for this :dance2:

Why does the ladies SP have to be at such a bad time, though? :mad:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amy Lin (Taipei by way of California) will be competing here, too. I enjoyed her at Worlds - hope she gets a good placement.