Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
8 - 11 Sep 2016
Yokohama Japan

Venue
Shin-Yokohama Skate Center

Ice Dance Short Dance
Saturday, September 10, 2016, 15:30 (UTC +9)
Time by time zone
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166&p10=262

Start Order​

Entries

No.NameNation
1Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI
SD Hip Hop: Real Hip Hop Instrumental by Scovery D., Blues: Skyfall by Adele, Hip Hop: Real Hip Hop Instrumental by Scovery D.; ; choreo by Monica MacDonald, John Dunn
FD It's So Overt It's Covert (Sherlock Holmes soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Monica MacDonald, John Dunn
AUS
2Kristsina KAUNATSKAIA / Yuri HULITSKI
SD Blues: Innuendo by Queen, Swing: Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen; choreo by O. Fomenko, A. Tolstik
FD Mgzavrbi Tango; choreo by O. Fomenko, A. Tolstik
BLR
3Karolina Elizabeth CALHOUN / Logan Tyler LEONESIO
SD Blues: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, Hip Hop: Black or White by Michael Jackson; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Vitali Novikov
FD Eternal Flame by Brand X Music, All or Nothing by Brand X Music; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Vitali Novikov
BRA
4Seungyun HAN / Grayson LOCHHEAD
SD Blues: Save My Soul by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Swing: Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Rebecca Bash
FD Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Rebecca Bash
CAN
6Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON
SD Blues: You Can Leave Your Hat On by Joe Cocker, Swing: Swing Baby by Ji Young Park; choreo by Fabian Bourzat, Catherine Papadakis
FD Shadritsa (Russian Gypsy Music); choreo by Fabian Bourzat, Catherine Papadakis
FRA
7Rikako FUKASE / Aru TATENO
SD Blues: Petite Fleur by Sydney Bechet, Swing: Opus One; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD The King and I (soundtrack) by Rodgers and Hammerstein; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
JPN
8Polina IVANENKO / Daniil KARPOV
SD Blues: Blues Get Off My Shoulder by Robert Cray, Rock'n'Roll: Ready, Steady, Go by Little Richard; choreo by Ivan Lobanov
FD The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Ivan Lobanov
RUS
9Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV
SD Blues: Air Mail Special by Ella Fitzgerald (Club des Belugas remix), Swing: Air Mail Special by Ella Fitzgerald (Club des Belugas remix); choreo by Alena Samarskaia
FD Tarantella Napolitana; choreo by Alena Samarskaia
RUS
10Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN
SD Hip Hop: Straight Up by Elliot Wolff, Blues: Rush, Rush by Peter Lord, Hip Hop: Videology by Peter Lord, Sandra St. Victor, V. Jeffrey Smith; choreo by Elena Novak, Esperanto Bean, Alexei Kiliakov
FD "Palladio" by Escala and "Adagio" by Secret Garden; choreo by Elena Novak, Esperanto Bean, Alexei Kiliakov
USA
11Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
SD Hip Hop: "A little Party Never Killed Nobody" by Fergie and Blues: "Born to Die" by Lana Del Ray; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
FD "Singing in the Rain" by Sophia Sin; choreo by Elena Novak , Alexei Kiliakov
USA

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, they may have been way out of sync in the twizzles, and there may have been a fall, but I liked the Brazilian couple.

Their main problem is the lack of speed. It was very noticeable that they were skating a lot slower than the music.

But, if their skating got faster, I think they could be a promising couple for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I just adore the French couple....

... and Fabian's wardrobe of colourful jackets :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As expected, Abachnina / Tauron take a big lead.

But, with the Parsons siblings on now, how long will it last?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just adore the French couple....

... and Fabian's wardrobe of colourful jackets :)

I liked them too but, like the first couple, I thought they were a bit on the slow side.

What a routine from the Parsons siblings!

Absolutely LOVE the costumes!!! Rachel makes a great rock chick! :love: :agree:

As for the music - such a strange selection of tunes! Some I loved, some I hated.

But the skating was exceptional.

They've got a 6 point lead over Abachkina / Thauron, but I'm surprised they aren't further in front.

CaroLiza_fan

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
My feed froze just as Parsons sibs started their twizzles so a good view of their slightly off position. I look forward to watching the whole routine tomorrow (if hotel wi-fi cooperates). But what I saw I liked.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Wow, I really like the Russians, especially the first part of the program.

60.88. I thought there would be more difference between them and the French.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Shipeleyava / Smirnov. LOVED IT!!!!

It may have been a really strange pairing of songs, but the contrast allowed them to do a wide variety of things in the routine, and show off what all they are capable of.

I would put them into second, but nearer the Americans than the French.

CaroLiza_fan

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
As for the Parsons, they should skate in pre-seniors competitions (if such existed :) ). The same as Lorraine and Quinn. There's just too much difference between these two seniorish couples and the rest of the junior field.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't really get into Han / Grayson. I was thinking too much about the Russian team not scoring as highly as I expected.

Seungyun's not happy with the score.

By the way, can I just say that I like the way she is using her real name on her ISU Bio rather than the Anglicised name ("Olivia") we are used to seeing.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Onto the second Canadian couple - talk about a change of pace!

Really enjoyed the routine from Lajoie / Langha.

They just displaced their team-mates from 4th position. And they are not that far behind the French in third.

CaroLiza_fan

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
With Marojorie and Zach's blues I almost started to snooze. Fortunately, the second part achieved to wake me up :)

As for the Belorussian pair, the girl's skates were quite distracting :)

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Missed out on almost the two groups. The Bulgarian team was really sloooooow. They don't seem to be ready for competition although I like their costume and cheerful Queen music. I feel like seeing a lot of Bulgarian ice dance teams on the junior circuit. If that trend is influenced by Denkova/Stavisky, that is good for them.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now I know why there is such a big difference in the absolute PB's for the two members of this new partnership.

Kristsina KAUNATSKAIA can not spin. When she does, she looks like a drunk.

Yuri HULITSKI was good. But, that is hardly surprising as his previous partnership's absolute PB would have put them in 4th position when the field was ordered by absolute PB.

EDIT: Just so that it is on record in this thread, the absolute PB for KAUNATSKAIA's previous partnership was the 3rd lowest when the field was ordered by absolute PB.​

I am a massive fan of Queen. And because I like them so much, I tend not to like routines that use them, because it kills me to hear the songs chopped up.

The first song ("Inuendo") is not a song I would choose for skating anyway. And, although I do think "Crazy Little Think Called Love" works as skating music, it didn't for this routine.

Liked the costumes, though. Well, apart from Yuri's blue jeans. Black leather trousers, or just black jeans, would have worked better.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Missed out on almost the two groups. The Bulgarian team was really sloooooow. They don't seem to be ready for competition although I like their costume and cheerful Queen music. I feel like seeing a lot of Bulgarian ice dance teams on the junior circuit. If that trend is influenced by Denkova/Stavisky, that is good for them.

Except the couple we just saw are Belorussian.

Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make. BLR could easily be Bulgaria. But it isn't. BUL is.

But, my own verdict on the point you are making:

He is more than ready for competition.
She isn't. And she won't be any time soon either.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aru is a much superior partner to Rikako. They are the same age though..

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not really much to say about the Japanese couple. They were good, and their position was about right.

Although, it was funny the reactions. Rikako was happy at first, but then she saw that Aru looked unsure about it, and then she looked unsure too.

Cute!

CaroLiza_fan