2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

estla

Rinkside
Do more Russian skaters watch skating in the audience than other nationalities or does the COR camera operator just look for them more than other GPs? I may be wrong but it always seems I notice more skater spectators in Russia.

seems like a tradition in CoR. The skaters, whether Russian or foreigners, like to watch live in audience, e.g. Weaver, Agafonova

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
This should be interesting. Other than S/M none of these teams have had a great deal of success yet.

As much as I'd like S/B to make the GPF I refuse to wish ill on any team. S/B really need to rethink the loops in the short. I think they have scored less than 2 points on them both times out. If they have a money jump I'd do it and do it well in the short.

True, let's hope for great skates from all... just when I wrote this Marchei/Hotarek disastrous mistakes in twist an first jumps Don't let GO!

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
It's interesting how Russian commentators always count "ours". Aliona is certainly one of them in their terms. :)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I honestly don't think Skyfall is a good song to skate to...so many skyfalls...crumbles...but I hope they can stand tall and face it all together

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Do more Russian skaters watch skating in the audience than other nationalities or does the COR camera operator just look for them more than other GPs? I may be wrong but it always seems I notice more skater spectators in Russia.

I think it helps that COR is always in Moscow and most of the top skaters train in town. Since SA and SC rotate locations and it's not always in skater towns you see fewer of them.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Whatever, I'm going to say it: I know this is an unpopular sentiment here but I preferred him with Berton.