2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP

eta

Medalist
That might be a way but who knows, Peng/Jin will have been partners for 2 years by then, maybe the federation won't want to separate them. A new partner for Yu? :confused2:

Well, suppose that Zhang retires, Jin would be the top male pairs skater other than Han (but I don't think Sui/Han will be separated), it all depends on who is the top female pairs skater - she will be paired with Jin. Kind of like this time, when the two pairs are re-matched, top male (Zhang) got paired with top female (Xiaoyu). Not counting Sui/Han of course.

noidont

Final Flight
Zhang Hao is never going to retire. Don't forget 2022 Olys is in Beijing. They did look great. Add a quad twist and/or a quad throw they are gonna be right in the mix for Worlds podium.

Aliona, Meghan and Zhang Hao are in the competition of "who wants it more at all cost"...(I would love to see what Duhamel/Zhang can do....)

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I need to accomplish stuff before the men's long so I'm out.

Dog needs his dinner: Tonight it's liver, sweet potato mash, pumpkin puree, kale, chia seeds, essential oils (hemp tonight), coconut oil, fish oil and his amino acids. After that he will beg for cookies.

Alba

Record Breaker
Peng was picked out from many promising girls to partner with Zhang when his partner Dan Zhang retired, having grown too tall in her twenties. But the new partnership didn't work out so well mainly because Peng felt a lot of pressure skating with Zhang. Yu/Jin meanwhile was rising and gaining fans. Head coach Hongbong Zhao thought about switching the partners for 1/2 years with the goal of improving Chinese Pairs program for the Beijing Olympics. The switch was made while they were in Canada for the choreography with positive feedback of Nichols and Wilson. Some Chinese fans felt outraged and sad for Yu for having to partner with the creepy selfish old man Zhang and started a campaign to vilify him in sympathy of Yu. Lots of :drama: like an old legend of forcibly broken romance and a young girl sacrificed for an ugly old man.

Zhao explained his decision and reported initial positive observations of the new teams. Peng is doing very well with confidence and consistency with Jin, and Yu said she has decided to give it her best to realize her potential as advocated by the coaches. For such a new partnership, I'd say judging from their debut that it is a success with even more wonderful performances to come. But be ready for more negativity thrown against Zhang and declarations of how unhappy and unconnected Yu is with him.

I told y'all I loved this program just from watching the practice.

Thanks Violet.:)

Oh the drama. Always fun to witness.:biggrin:I have nothing against Zhang tbh. But I loved Yu/Jin together. They were so lovely. :luv17:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker

Dog needs his dinner: Tonight it's liver, sweet potato mash, pumpkin puree, kale, chia seeds, essential oils (hemp tonight), coconut oil, fish oil and his amino acids. After that he will beg for cookies.

Your dog eats well. :biggrin:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Zhang Hao is never going to retire. Don't forget 2022 Olys is in Beijing. They did look great. Add a quad twist and/or a quad throw they are gonna be right in the mix for Worlds podium.

Aliona, Meghan and Zhang Hao are in the competition of "who wants it more at all cost"...

As long as it doesn't become like the Black Knight in the Holy Grail it will be alright with me.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is, total deduction 1. Look on the top, right side.

thank you. I was in the Twilight Zone .... looking at the wrong scoring page. :eek: Early Halloween for me. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
He's 10 and has a spinal cord injury. We are trying to preserve as much of his muscle and joint health as possible because when that goes he will go downhill very fast. It's a labour of love. And strangely it's cheaper than most good quality store bought food. Just more prep time.

Lota

Record Breaker

Aliona, Meghan and Zhang Hao are in the competition of "who wants it more at all cost"...(I would love to see what Duhamel/Zhang can do....)

That's actually true, now that I think about it I think I've read somewhere that he really wanted to skate at the 2022 Olympics at home. So Yu/Jin is probably done for good and Yu will either have to retire after 2022, or find a good enough partner.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He's 10 and has a spinal cord injury. We are trying to preserve as much of his muscle and joint health as possible because when that goes he will go downhill very fast. It's a labour of love. And strangely it's cheaper than most good quality store bought food. Just more prep time.

Dammit, for a second there I thought you were ere talking about Zhang. :rofl:

Alba

Record Breaker

Gee, is it a lion or a dog?:biggrin:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I enjoyed D/R's program more this time...but it's still a rather bland program, sorry to say. They need to do more with the choreography in the opening of the program, get more of an esoteric quality to the movement. The music is mysterious and almost haunting in the first part but their movement is too safe, with long set-ups into all of the elements, which doesn't really work here because the music isn't building at that point. And yeah, okay, it's extremely hard to ask for SBS Lutzes and a Quad with little preparation, but at least into that opening twist they should be able to do it quicker.

I'm so sad for Kavaguti/Smirnov!! Her triple toe has totally left her right now. However, their LP is still beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

You have to wonder what the Chinese Fed is going do with her after the Olympics because I'm presuming he will retire.

He wants to go until 2022.

rollerblade

Record Breaker

My mutt is 12, and she has early stage renal insufficiencies. I cook her food (although not as fancy as ancientpeas' German shepherd means), and yep, it's surprisingly cheaper and way better than the dried kibbles. The only problem is if the pup is going through that fussy picky-eater phase (like my dog is now, after a year of eating homemade food without hassle grrrrr! :unsure:), I can't just leave the bowl of food out and let her eat when she felt like it.