2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I got :hopelessness: for a second on the SBS but I really like these two. I don't think they're really comfortable with each other yet, I feel like he's spot checking her through-out the program instead of just skating.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Zhang and Yu skating together makes me feel like a father skating with his daughter......

FlattFan

Match Penalty
He Zhang has been around the block a few times. I wish I can retain all my energy like this guy.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
3 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Eternal Flame by Brand X Music; Fearless by Brand X Music

Blue costumes, silver sparkle

3T
3Tw
3LoTh
FCCoSp - unison on/off
5RLi
StSq
BoDs

Nice debut, big clean elements. Needs more polish and connection, but promising start

Ah ayup. It's a good switcheroo for him--the age difference isn't so jarring. The program is a bit of a snoozefest that no amount of pounding beats can cover up, but it's a lot of sound and fury signifying not all that much.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
They look totally creepy together, you're right.

They look creepy and Yu looks quite uncomfortable still, but I think the partnership with Peng was even creepier. Anyway the BESP guys really liked them, it was not a bad debut indeed.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Golly, Yu/Zhang brought the big elements, which I expected, but is it just me or does people feel a sense of disconnect watching that program?

Maybe I got a completely wrong sense but for me it felt like she was skating for herself in her own bubble in some moments. Did not really connected with him. But maybe I'm just too concerned. I simply don't agree with this forced switch of partners.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I won't say Zhang and Yu are underscored, but rather Meagan and Eric are kind of overscored...

Rissa

Record Breaker
lol @ B.ESP guys. Simon (?) was absolutely at loss of words seeing Y/Z score. Before it was announced, he was all, "that was wonderful, quite special, how close will the get to D/R"? And then "Uhh, er, well, 69, er, how many will get above that?"

I agree with the others, Yu didn't look particularly relaxed or comfortable.

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Maybe I got a completely wrong sense but for me it felt like she was skating for herself in her own bubble in some moments. Did not really connected with him. But maybe I'm just too concerned. I simply don't agree with this forced switch of partners.

I will just add that the performance itself was nice and it was a good debut. (Still don't like the switch...)

Tyranid

Final Flight
Grishin: "Not a Canadian sum"

Hahaha. That needs to be a thing! :laugh:

edit: OMFG YukAS FIGHTIIIING! ! ! ! ! !

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Anyway the BESP guys really liked them, it was not a bad debut indeed.

I like them too. My biggest problem is him actually, not her. It's like he is constantly looking over her, at least I get that feeling, instead of skating with her.