2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I quite liked their last year performance at Worlds but this team has never been my favorite and their program always seemed kind of same. But I feel this is different program and diffirent choreography. Very well skated.
I can't remember last season's FS :scratch2: Guess gonna ask Mr Youtube ;)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I still cant believe the Chinese skating fed did that, and forced the skaters to split up, poor Xiaoyu... :( she looks miserable..

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What happened last year?

I think it was last year. She fell in a program and he seemed totally oblivious and uncaring, just continued to skate until she caught up with him. It seemed like he didn't even care. I'd never seen a partner act like that. The usual reaction is different. That for me personally made me dislike him. And I think he looked like the ladies strict father instead of a partner. It's not something I like to see, but that's my personal preference.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Loved D/R, she should always wear unitards.. she just radiated confidence and joy throughout that program.
The Chinese, wow creepy vibes from them. If he skates long enough he will be skating with his own daughter before long.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
So does China have an abundance of ladies whose hearts desire is to be a pair skater to Zhang? This guy is just scary to me, since last year. Not a fan. And for that Klimov comment, well...sure...if you say so. :slink:

The Chinese fed forcibly broke up Yu/Jin in order to give Yu to Zhang since his last partner was eaten by the puberty monster. She protested, but was overruled. :(

QuadThrow

Medalist
D/R achieved the highest BV ever. You cannot skate more difficult! 3Lz and 3ATH!

But to be honest. The score is quite low. They made small mistakes but the PCS was only 34,5!

I think that was somthing S/M are able to beat with their unreal SP this year.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I won't say Zhang and Yu are underscored, but rather Meagan and Eric are kind of overscored...

I don't think D/R were particularly overscored on PCS... it's below their personal best, and I assume there will be some deductions on the 3Z and 3ATh in the protocols (except from the Canadian judge lol).

eta

Medalist
Oh I knew about that I thought there was something else. :slink:

With his previous partner Peng, during one of the GPs, Peng fell pretty badly (on a throw?) and Zhang sort of just didn't look her way... (But that's during the program, not sure about afterwards.)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Sigh I dont know why but I suddenly miss Yu and Jin...they would have made a brilliant Romeo & Juliette etc. program

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
4 Liubov ILYUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)

Music: Tango Jalousie by Jacob Gade

White, black dress / black outfit

3Tw
2T - she doubled, he did 3T (hand down)
3LzTh
BiDs
5ALi
FCCoSp
StSq

Costly mistake on sbs jumps, but the rest was delightful

SP: 36.40+31.13 = 67.53 (SB), 2/4

Last edited: