2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS

lavender

Record Breaker
I really like Rika H's program..... like for the first time ever. Is it bad that I wish Satoko was skating Rika's program (although I think her current program is beautiful).

christinaskater

Medalist
Satoko Miyahara was phenomenal! I think she is the best artist in the world right now. She skated perfectly. People should realise that her body type and size she can’t jump as big as the physically stronger girls such as Wakaba and Kaori. She was the perfect blend of artistry , class, sophistication and musicality. I do hope she gives her best performance in the Olympic Games .

For me, I would push for Mai Mihara for the 2nd slot.

I think the 2nd spot should be decided by the Four Continents Championshops.

Macassar88

Medalist
Does she realistically have a chance? That would be fantastic, since she is SO YOUNG. Her skating just makes you think she's a lot older than she actually is. :laugh:

I just looked her age up and screamed in surprise. She skates so much older than 16!

fredtx121

On the Ice
I think Wakaba is being punished because she is the reason why Japan only has 2 spots for the Olympics. Her 11th place finish at Worlds last year was a big blow for Japan. I love her style which I believe is a mix between Yamaguchi and Ito. I really wished she would make the Olympics or World team but not likely to happen.
Japan really deserves 3 spots instead of the US ladies who are a disaster this season.

sakurano

Final Flight
I think Wakaba is being punished because she is the reason why Japan only has 2 spots for the Olympics. Her 11th place finish at Worlds last year was a big blow for Japan. I love her style which I believe is a mix between Yamaguchi and Ito. I really wished she would make the Olympics or World team but not likely to happen.
Japan really deserves 3 spots instead of the US ladies who are a disaster this season.

it would be unfair to punish her for that I know that as JFS they wanted better results but she did her best by being wounded just like Rika Hongo and unfortunately their best skater Satoko Miyahara.
but she said that whatever the result she will know what to work with this FS. especially since she got the best PCS if she would not have bombed she would surely be on the podium. I'll try to be objective what to change compared to last year is that she did not collapse and continue to play her character, however I recognize that Kaori has better jumps so they might prefer this because she has at least the chance to make a top 10, but what annoys me with her although I like Amélie Poulain is that she is a little beside the music she made efforts to make the presentation hence its less than PCS.

Neenah16

On the Ice

How is she being punished?

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Very unfortunate indeed. I hope she will have her time to shine and isnt already past her prime when the next olympics come around. It really is a sport of such small margins.

And by the way, I dont think her pcs should be so low. Many far weaker performers got more pcs score than her - I am not talking about the top ones like wakaba and satoko. I dont think Rika is just a jumping bean with no personality or presence.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
it would be unfair to punish her for that I know that as JFS they wanted better results but she did her best by being wounded just like Rika Hongo and unfortunately their best skater Satoko Miyahara.
but she said that whatever the result she will know what to work with this FS. especially since she got the best PCS if she would not have bombed she would surely be on the podium. I'll try to be objective what to change compared to last year is that she did not collapse and continue to play her character, however I recognize that Kaori has better jumps so they might prefer this because she has at least the chance to make a top 10, but what annoys me with her although I like Amélie Poulain is that she is a little beside the music she made efforts to make the presentation hence its less than PCS.

You make it sound as if Wakaba has no chance at the finish in top 10 which is bogus and absolutely ridiculous. And please don't forget that they lowballed Higuchi big time in SP (unfortunately early flight had something common with it as well).

sakurano

Final Flight
You make it sound as if Wakaba has no chance at the finish in top 10 which is bogus and absolutely ridiculous. And please don't forget that they lowballed Higuchi big time in SP (unfortunately early flight had something common with it as well).

i'm sorry i was poorly expressed i wanted to try to think like the JFS , and repond to the comment that it was punished for losing the third spot.of course , that wakaba is able to make a top 10.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Why are you saying Wakaba totally failed? She did just two mistakes, singling a axel and doubling a salchow and you are acting like if she had a meltdown! Also, her FS in GPF wasn't good but again, no meltdown, she is improving her consistency. Obviously, Kaori deserves to go to Olympics but Wakaba has a strong case herself.

risingtrot

On the Ice
The suspense of who will get chosen... I think they will announce it soon after the Men's awarding ceremony. Around past 10pm or 10:30pm JST. Good luck ladies~