Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you so much, Specs!!! :love:

How about "attack" rather than "power?"

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Satoko received a total of +0.8 for all of her 3 jumping elements combined at nationals and only one ur call!!! So revolting, OMG!! The other athletes and coaches are probably so pissed right now, they were all so robbed, omg. Biggest injustice in the world. We should write letters to ISU, JSF and protest on the streets right now. Or at least repeat this for the 98989765th time in this forum because we didn't post enough about it.

Yeah, someone asking for a rule to be applied to all jumps it affects - what a ridiculous concept. I mean, nobody would give a poor skater more then 1 non-lv 4 element, right? After all, if there is at least one level 3 obviously the technical panel wasn't being nice at all, no matter how the other elements look in reality. And then of course nobody should complain about that skater getting those other level 4s, who cares if that gave them additional points and influenced the standings.

And because you are basically asking for it, I'll tell you again why the missed calls here are such a big thing - because it's basically been the norm and a very big factor in why Satoko is such a front runner for an Olympic spot at all. Remember SA and that very questionable win over Kaori there, caused by not called URs? Remember how that was the deciding factor in her going to the final instead of Kaori? How that allowed her to fulfill those criteria for the Olympic spots in the first place? If she URs jumps and they're not called for the 98458665th time and it influences the standings, people will complain about it 98458665 times. Because it will just be as wrong that 98458665th time.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Why the constant negativity? Rika Hongo skated well! Her best SP in a while. Calling her a "has been" is rude.

Kihira doubling the lutz was a major error (she'd be in first likely had she landed it), but the reason she's in the final flight is thanks to that 3A.

That 2Lz got zero. If Kihira had landed the 3Lz, the BV with bonus will be 6.60, with GOE of a very conservative 0.30, her total scores will be 73.64 and will even exceed Kaori. It’s not obvious but if Kihira brings both 3A in her LP and skate clean, even with her lowish PCS, her TES will make her near impossible to beat.

ask

Match Penalty
That 2Lz got zero. If Kihira had landed the 3Lz, the BV with bonus will be 6.60, with GOE of a very conservative 0.30, her total scores will be 73.64 and will even exceed Kaori. It’s not obvious but if Kihira brings both 3A in her LP and skate clean, even with her lowish PCS, her TES will make her near impossible to beat.

I agree. She would have won the SP easily. Deservedly so.

KweenAsada

On the Ice
Kaori knows she came and rocked the apple cart!!! I didn't see that skate coming. I can't wait to see what happens in the free.

Ultimately, I believe that the top 2 should and will go to the Olympics. I just don't know how the the judges are going to handle this one, y'all. If all skate lights out, my gut tells me that Satoko and Wakaba are going. Satoko is just so beautiful and Wakaba's free skate is my favorite this season by far. Kaori killed it in the short and showed out at Skate America, I just don't know if she has what it takes to come out on top if the other two go all out in the free. I guess we will have to see!

Unfortunately, I don't think Rika has a shot regardless of how well she does or doesn't skate and that makes me sad because I really like her. She just doesn't seem to get high
enough marks to be competitive with the top women in the world and I think Japan sees that as well. Ditto for everyone else. This is a three woman race.

Leonardo

Final Flight
And because you are basically asking for it, I'll tell you again why the missed calls here are such a big thing - because it's basically been the norm and a very big factor in why Satoko is such a front runner for an Olympic spot at all.

No. She is going to the olympics because she has a history, so many titles, because she's reliable and consistent since forever, because she overcame so much and because she won. And she would still beat the other japanese girls with 3 or 4 calls, you name it. She still gets big scores because skating is not only about rotations. Yes, her jumps are so bad and she should get more ur calls, everybody knows, but when you pick it up in basically every chance and has NOTHING positive to say about the skater, it's not constructive. Many skaters have flaws and are not deducted properly so many times (zhenya's flutz for example) and it's ok to complain, but when you complain about one skater all the time post after post, thread after thread it gets not only boring and repetitive, it looks personal.

In the end, you can bash her as many times as you want, it simply makes you look negative and full of hate. When you comment 1,2, 3, 4, 5 times or complain in competition thread, that's ok, it's the sport. But when you pick her for the 99999th time it just looks bad,you know. Bad for the readers, bad for your health. It's not healthy to have so much negative feelings about a skater and posting about it everyday. But it's never too late to change.

And yes she's going to the olympics and you and the bashers fan club will probably keep picking Satoko and complaining repetitively and being negative, but it doesn't matter, you'll have to live with her success. She's awesome, she won her spot fair and square and there's nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy her beauty, maybe it will make you a bit more positive.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
No. She is going to the olympics because she has a history, so many titles, because she's reliable and consistent since forever, because she overcame so much and because she won. And she would still beat the other japanese girls with 3 or 4 calls, you name it. She still gets big scores because skating is not only about rotations. Yes, her jumps are so bad and she should get more ur calls, everybody knows, but when you pick it up in basically every chance and has NOTHING positive to say about the skater, it's not constructive. Many skaters have flaws and are not deducted properly so many times (zhenya's flutz for example) and it's ok to complain, but when you complain about one skater all the time post after post, thread after thread it gets not only boring and repetitive, it looks personal.

In the end, you can bash her as many times as you want, it simply makes you look negative and full of hate. When you comment 1,2, 3, 4, 5 times or complain in competition thread, that's ok, it's the sport. But when you pick her for the 99999th time it just looks bad,you know. Bad for the readers, bad for your health. It's not healthy to have so much negative feelings about a skater and posting about it everyday. But it's never too late to change.

And yes she's going to the olympics and you and the bashers fan club will probably keep picking Satoko and complaining repetitively and being negative, but it doesn't matter, you'll have to live with her success. She's awesome, she won her spot fair and square and there's nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy her beauty, maybe it will make you a bit more positive.

Wow :laugh:
I'm not going to get into all this "she is consistent" stuff implying the others were not, or this "skating is not just jumps" as if the others were only jumps themselves. You're just repeating yourself too and I'll refrain from giving you the same answers again as well.
As for "seeing her beauty", I tried, and I see a lot of good qualities. But they're not making the problems disappear, and not the ones I look for in skating. Thing is, for all her attention to detail, musical timing and complex choreography, I also find Satoko's skating small, contained and with little impact. I usually don't feel anything from it, I see that she trains hard but everything looks to learned to me. Just not my cup of tea in general either (and I'd think you have skaters you feel that way about yourself).

Eh, and thanks for the pep talk and life advice :laugh: no need to worry about my health though (I'm really recovering well from the surgery a few days back) - despite being such a horrible hateful person! How unbelievable :laugh:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Eh, and thanks for the pep talk and life advice :laugh: no need to worry about my health though (I'm really recovering well from the surgery a few days back) - despite being such a horrible hateful person! How unbelievable :laugh:

Sorry (I mean it). I seriously hope you recover well and have happy holidays. And at least we will still watch Wakaba one more time next year!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Sorry (I mean it). I seriously hope you recover well and have happy holidays. And at least we will still watch Wakaba one more time next year!

No need, but thank you. Happy holidays to you too, and may Waka make the best of her Worlds assignment.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow :laugh:
I'm not going to get into all this "she is consistent" stuff implying the others were not, or this "skating is not just jumps" as if the others were only jumps themselves. You're just repeating yourself too and I'll refrain from giving you the same answers again as well.
As for "seeing her beauty", I tried, and I see a lot of good qualities. But they're not making the problems disappear, and not the ones I look for in skating. Thing is, for all her attention to detail, musical timing and complex choreography, I also find Satoko's skating small, contained and with little impact. I usually don't feel anything from it, I see that she trains hard but everything looks to learned to me. Just not my cup of tea in general either (and I'd think you have skaters you feel that way about yourself).

Satoko's performance won't be for everyone. I think she has gotten better at projection (and AFAIR commentators have acknowledged this too). I also like that her skating is refined instead of being "big". She uses editing and shows control and elegance in her movements instead of tries to shove a bunch of needless transitions or have sloppy arms throughout her program. She's not the most exciting to watch but she's one of the most pleasant to watch. And I'm saying this as someone who was not initially a fan of hers.

P.s. glad you're recovering - hope they were able to fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed!