2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ending with a death spiral. He hates it. Always made me laugh. You people did leave the PBP up to me. It was never going to be on par with the other people who do it.

I thought the David Pelletier deduction was for ending with a "boring pairs spin". A death spiral is a small cut above that in the boring department. But he does get very excited when someone ends with a "wow" element, like a good lift, and he points out how much better that is! At least he's consistent.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ending with a death spiral. He hates it. Always made me laugh. You people did leave the PBP up to me. It was never going to be on par with the other people who do it.

Sorry, I'm really only here to be inappropriate and obnoxious while occasionally remarking on the skating. :confused2: Know your role.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I thought the David Pelletier deduction was for ending with a "boring pairs spin". A death spiral is a small cut above that in the boring dI tepartment. But he does get very excited when someone ends with a "wow" element, like a good lift, and he points out how much better that is! At least he's consistent.

I think, like with the GOE the Pelletier deduction is graded:

-1 for ending on the death spiral
-3 for ending on the sbs spins.

I'd give anyone who doesn't open with the twist the mandatory Peas bonus point.

waterblades

On the Ice
Shocked that I/m were in second but so happy as they are my favorite Canadian team. If the previous poster is correct and she's try to match Dylan just stop land the jumps together consistently together first in competition then work on timing.

Just love D/R spins best in the world perfectly timed to music and together love it.

Missed S/B

Good for mt/m great that there were clean after missing grand prix season

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
To go even furth with this. He considers it cheographically lazy and boring for the audience (I believe he said something like "Ah, another death spiral at the end. Just what the audience wants to see." David P. Knows how to throw the shade. Carol Lane tried to explain why it was necessary and he totally gave her the hand (talk to the hand)

Yes. As far as I know, the David Pelletier deductions is applied to the choreography part of the PCS, not the technical score. And only by select judges who listen to David's commentary.

I quite enjoy his commentary. Though very opinionated, it is memorable. But maybe it would get tiresome if we had to listen to it all the time.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Sorry, I'm really only here to be inappropriate and obnoxious while occasionally remarking on the skating. :confused2: Know your role.

I'm just pointing out that with me, who like a dog is easily distracted by the bright and shiny, PBP will always be more stream of consciousness than actually useful.

waterblades

On the Ice
Omg totally agree I think one of the Chinese Pairs does the twist later in the program and I was actually excited!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
4evergettingnowherenearPoje, Eric's looking pretty grey tonight. Throw the poor guy a bone and toss a box of Just for Men on the ice for him tomorrow. There's gotta be a Shoppers Drug Mart close by.

Meagan's likely the cause of his greys. :laugh:

TGee

Record Breaker
Invite every single Canadian man while we're at it.

And all but the three on the podium in Junior Women's....

Ted Barton was talking about the negative atmosphere in the arena last evening...

....and he and Debbi Wilkes chatted a bit about how some skaters were distracted by seeing themselves on the big screen which was relatively close to the ice compared to other venues. Debbi kept arguing that they should have got past that with the practices with the screen on. Perhaps was harder to ignore with an audience.

One has to ask though why it affected some events and not others if it really was a factor.... the senior women, ice dancers and junior men dealt with it better... in fact the top women and dancers seemed not to be affected at all.... many of the junior men fought back after losing their first jumps]...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yes. As far as I know, the David Pelletier deductions is applied to the choreography part of the PCS, not the technical score. And only by select judges who listen to David's commentary.

I quite enjoy his commentary. Though very opinionated, it is memorable. But maybe it would get tiresome if we had to listen to it all the time.

He's a refreshing change. Do you remember Toller Cranston? There was a man who could throw the shade. He would sniff and you'd know what he thought.

At first I had trouble with David but now I think he's a good counterpoint to Kurt and Carol's niceness. He brings that French Canadian realness to the table.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Speaking of French Canadian realness: If Joannie wasn't busy in medical school, I'd love to hear her as a commentator.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
4evergettingnowherenearPoje, Eric's looking pretty grey tonight. Throw the poor guy a bone and toss a box of Just for Men on the ice for him tomorrow. There's gotta be a Shoppers Drug Mart close by.

Meagan's likely the cause of his greys. :laugh:

I rather like the gray. :-( It makes him look distinguished.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Speaking of French Canadian realness: If Joannie wasn't busy in medical school, I'd love to hear her as a commentator.

Do you remember when she called Jennifer Robinson old? You could see the person holding the mic almost swoon in shock and Jennifer was none too pleased.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Yes Grasshopper, it may be time for you to leave. You have earned your wings, and you're about to fly. ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm just pointing out that with me, who like a dog is easily distracted by the bright and shiny, PBP will always be more stream of consciousness than actually useful.

We didn't hear much about your dog tonight. What's he up to? I found a couple fleas on my dog earlier today and I'm still pretty miffed about it.