2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's SP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tell that loving brother of yours, to not darken you door during Nationals. :)

Ironically he's at work right now at the nuclear power plant in Pickering, which is a two hour drive from me, so he definitely won't be banging on my door tonight, though I suppose if he really wanted to, he could darken it, as well as the entire province. :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever seen the top 6 Canadian girls at nationals skate without anyone falling. most people from other countries will never understand this, but this is very exciting for canada lol. aside from the top 3 Canadian killer queens, it's good to see some promising up and comers like Sarah Tamura, Larkyn Austman and Kim Decelles.

Yes, these new comers are very exciting. :agree: Canada now has depth in internationally competitive Ladies as well as promising up and comers.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Loved Osmond! I love her immediate transitions into the jumps and her speed!

I also love that Skate Canada made sure to score her higher than Medvedeva's domestic best. :laugh:
Politicking their way to a World gold medal. :dev2:

Now stop popping and/or falling and skate your free clean girl.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow. Kaetlyn's 3F-3T combo is probably the best I've ever seen by a lady, or by anyone really. Impressive stuff. The score sheet isn't updated yet, I would like to see that. I'm glad that I put her in my list of Olympic contenders a couple of months ago. ;)

liv

Record Breaker
Personally I love how her program is constructed, but to get the extra bonus points that Evgenia is getting, should Kaetlyn consider another jump later in the program? I dislike backloading, but if that is the difference between them in the future, it is a thought...

My biggest takeaway from this event is that for the first time EVER, I am more interested in the Canadian ladies competition than any other discipline at Nats. For me it has always been about the men, but now we finally have a great ladies competition. What a change.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow Kaetlyn... Fantatstic! Congrats Canada!! SP performance of the season. Big everything, all guns blazing, total package, athleticism + pizzazz...love love lurve it! Piaf would have been proud. Canadian ladies slays the US ladies so far... what is going on :D Could this be the year Canada get a WC?

Scoring wise, ridiculous :laugh2: I won't even bother complain (too much) actually. This deserve to be best of the season for the ladies. World will be very interesting to see, I want to see her on the podium. Her SP is better than FS though.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Ironically he's at work right now at the nuclear power plant in Pickering, which is a two hour drive from me, so he definitely won't be banging on my door tonight, though I suppose if he really wanted to, he could darken it, as well as the entire province. :laugh:

No doubt a sibling that loves his "radiant" sister! I have a 15 year son that idols his 19 year old sister. She tolerates him, but secretly loves his adoration...sound familiar?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Scoring wise, ridiculous :laugh2: I won't even bother complain (too much) actually.

Ridiculous versus the US ladies, who cannot deliver a clean 3-3 in comps., yet still score marks in the 70's, or ridiculous just because, well you know...they are Canadian after all. :rolleye:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ridiculous versus the US ladies, who cannot deliver a clean 3-3 in comps., yet still score marks in the 70's, or ridiculous just because, well you know...they are Canadian after all. :rolleye:

Seriously... you are going to defend a score without a 3a or 3lz3t scoring the highest ever? at Canadian nationals? lol...

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

Just as ridiculous as Osmond who scored a 70+ in the short last year with a 3-2. ;)

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I hope Kaetlyn continues with her epic form, this was one of the best SP skate I have ever seen! She's looking like a real podium contender in Pyeongchang for sure ;)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Just as ridiculous as Osmond who scored a 70+ in the short last year with a 3-2. ;)

Hello and welcome to 2017, gravy!

Coming from an armchair athlete like you, I like so many, could not wait for your articulate account and analysis of Canadian women this year...we are still waiting by the way. But please, no need to rush, lets focus on last year versus Kaetlyn's unmatched, 3/3 this skating season.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Osmond skated a spectacular SP as I rather expected, given how well she's skated it all season. I want to see her skate a clean free. That's been the challenge for her all season.

Awesome that Daleman also fought for it. I love that there's such a great competition in ladies these days. Now if only we could match it in the men's field...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
If Osmond skates like this, she can beat Russians!

If she can beat them in LP too. I hope she will show us tomorrow that she can do two beautiful programs in one event. No question Kaetlyn has to be regarded as a Worlds medal contender.

rain

Record Breaker
If she can beat them in LP too. I hope she will show us tomorrow that she can do two beautiful programs in one event. No question Kaetlyn has to be regarded as a Worlds medal contender.

The international judges are just waiting for her to put two clean performances back to back. You can see it.

Skatergal101

On the Ice
I was working and only got to watch bits and pieces of the event and follow rocker skating on twitter but all i have to say is WOW!!

beki

Medalist
What an epic vehicle Kaetlyn has. No doubt the best women's short of the year. I want her on the Worlds podium, but I want Satoko and Anna up there too. So many candles to light.