2017 CS Finlandia Ladies FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Ladies FS

temadd

Final Flight
I have no issue with Carolina's PCS given the current scoring. She's actually interpreting something difficult and hitting the nuances of the music.

Interpretation is only one piece of PCS. I think it is very inflated

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Masha's program is such a nice change of scenery from the wildly emphatic or flirty Diva type programs. It's simple and elegant choreography flows and swells with delicate movements and most of the jumping passes are placed so well with the music. Not frantic...not boring. I get a 1940's sort of winter "snow day" type of vibe. So calm and fun. For all of those who think it's a snooze fest...I can only hope you don't talk in your sleep. You can go to Times Square.....I'm going to the Village Vanguard for something a little different. At least today...doesn't mean I'm not going to eat a slice of greasy Times Square pizza from time to time ;)

You can really see it in her movements that Caro is her idol. This girl!!! :love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Interpretation is only one piece of PCS. I think it is very inflated
Carolina got about 4.5 points more than Maria. Just to put this into the right perspective, it's about the value of a good double axel ... that doesn't seem to be totally unjustified imo.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carolina got about 4.5 points more than Maria. Just to put this into the right perspective, it's about the value of a good double axel ... that doesn't seem to be totally unjustified imo.

That's sounds about right for when Caro is at her best. That's about 1pt per component. I haven't watched Caro yet but I wouldn't expect a spread like that if she makes any noticeable errors.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Masha's program is such a nice change of scenery from the wildly emphatic or flirty Diva type programs. It's simple and elegant choreography flows and swells with delicate movements and most of the jumping passes are placed so well with the music. Not frantic...not boring. I get a 1940's sort of winter "snow day" type of vibe. So calm and fun. For all of those who think it's a snooze fest...I can only hope you don't talk in your sleep. You can go to Times Square.....I'm going to the Village Vanguard for something a little different. At least today...doesn't mean I'm not going to eat a slice of greasy Times Square pizza from time to time ;)

You can really see it in her movements that Caro is her idol. This girl!!! :love:
She has improved a lot over the summer. I also like the SP better but the FS is nice enough and definitely a step forward. I think she could have a long successful career in this sport.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
That's sounds about right for when Caro is at her best. That's about 1pt per component. I haven't watched Caro yet but I wouldn't expect a spread like that if she makes any noticeable errors.
Carolina wasn't perfect, bad landing on the 3F and doubled 2nd flip, but the other jumps were very good, spins looked great, very polished. I think she focused on spins and performance, like she did in the SP.
I'm still waiting for the protocols also because Angela had very low TES, so I guess there were level issues.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova makes me smile!!!! It's too bad she's from Russia because if she were almost ANY other country, she'd be a lock to make the team. She was so good in the free program and it's almost sad to think that a skater of her caliber might not get to go to the Olympics. Bravo.....

temadd

Final Flight
Carolina wasn't perfect, bad landing on the 3F and doubled 2nd flip, but the other jumps were very good, spins looked great, very polished. I think she focused on spins and performance, like she did in the SP.
I'm still waiting for the protocols also because Angela had very low TES, so I guess there were level issues.

Polished yes, but the jumps she did lacked difficulty. She only landed 3 clean triples, popped (singled) the 2nd flip, missed a combination and I believe that the salchow in the 2A 1/2Lo 2S was meant to be a triple. I think even the tech score was inflated.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Polished yes, but the jumps she did lacked difficulty. She only landed 3 clean triples, popped (singled) the 2nd flip, missed a combination and I believe that the salchow in the 2A 1/2Lo 2S was meant to be a triple. I think even the tech score was inflated.
I think she planned the 2A-1Lo-2S. I think she wanted to go for 3F-3T in the beginning and she needs the 3Lz (instead of the 3T) to repeat the 3S.
I'm still waiting for the protocol, the spins looked good and I'm curious wether she hit level 4 on all her elements, like she did in the SP. So let's talk about inflated tech score when we see the protocol. ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
have not yet any chance to re-watch, but so, so happy for Elizaveta's bronze medal there! Her programs may not be the most intricate, 'artistic', impressive ones, but I am glad that since 2014/15 (her World Champion season) both her programs are vehicles being more than less in line with her style, way of expression, attitude, especially SP. I think that she needs just to stabilize her tech and push it forward steadily. I just love her technique and personality on ice:)

madison

Record Breaker
lol, i never said that
if you're trying to make fun of/insult someone, try harder at least

No, I am not ... I really like Daniil and I do think that he has potential to become the best. It's obvious that he's passionate about figure skating, very hard working and tries to find new, up to date music for his students every time.

russianfan

Match Penalty
No, I am not ... I really like Daniil and I do think that he has potential to become the best. It's obvious that he's passionate about figure skating, very hard working and tries to find new, up to date music for his students every time.

:eek:topic:
That's exactly what i meant. He has made pretty interesting programs almost for all strongest russian junior ladies, as well as he is now the choreographer for both Alina's programs and Zhenya's FS. That's quite a success for him i think.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite events every year. Anyone have a link to the poster for this year's event?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Compare the PCS of Kostner and Dabin Choi (who had a beautiful skate here that impressed a lot of people).

I'm sorry but this imbalance is complete nonsense. People can split hairs about Kostner and Sotskova. But Kostner deserves 21+ more in PCS than Dabin?

I know it's not her fault, but I can't help but actively root against her now. She did not deserve to be even in the contention for Top 3 here after missing her combo in the SP (without a huge FS anyway).