2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
N/N are not with Zhulin anymore. Last season they moved to USA, at Shpilband's. I don't know who choreographed their programs this season but given they in Novi it is possibly someone between Lenda, Bourzat or Zuerlein?

I've been out of the skating loop for the last few months. Thanks for the update!

chameleon

On the Ice
For N/N, it might have been Rohene? He works with all of Igor's teams now, he helped choreograph Pogrebinsky/Benoit's program, along with Shae Lynn Bourne. Veronique Breen does some choreography for that group as well.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
does anyone have the standings??? it doesn't appear to have been updated in the results section of isu.... ?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
That's crazy. Loboda/Drozd clearly won this competition. Technically they are already visibly stronger than second italians. I just wish I liked their FD.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
does anyone have the standings??? it doesn't appear to have been updated in the results section of isu.... ?

free dance

1. G/F – 99,04
2. L/D – 91,06
3. N/N – 89,82
4. P/B – 89,06

bramweld

Record Breaker
Ok, L/D program is so horrible I find it even amusing :)

Maybe that was intentional. First, it boggles the mind that they were allowed to inflict that on people and second, that is the silver medal-winning dance. Wow, goes to show that if there is speed and power, being able to dance and interpret your music is irrelevant.

keasus

On the Ice
G/F got 1.38 for this? https://youtu.be/kte57n5mKqE?t=161

They were so inflated, not a surprise considering the comp is in Italy. The judges were so harsh with goe´s and PCS for Pavel and Alla.

Agreed. G/F were gifted in this competion. I never understood the appeal of this couple, and I fear the lovefest will only continue when and if C/L retire, and they become the reigning Italian ice dance team. Maybe judges are afraid of incurring the wrath of their coach, Barbara Fusar-Poli. She can kill someone with her death stare.:shocked:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Check the speed and power, and particularly the ice coverage in the twizzles. Those are G&F's strengths. Lifts are :pray: always for them.

OTOH, if I could give 5 points of music penalties to L&D, I would. All that talking and Cell Block Tango on top of it.

UGH.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Okay, another eye drops later, here we go with FD (this is the last one for today as I'm seriously tired...):laugh:

I actually dig the FD concept for Elliana and Alex, but again the actual choreography and expression...There's too much of literacy and superficial gestures put on display in place where lyrics are, it looks just silly for me. Next – Elliana again looked anything but focused, what's with those looks at sides? It really bothers me and derails my interes/focus on following their performance. The lifts are the strongest feature along with spin, but the rest is again very mediocre and looking too heavy and forced in actual execution. I feel that the program needs to be more sensual in a quiet way – not by sole gesture, but more by look and attitude presented.

As for Nazarova/Nikitin, I am a fan of 'Pirates of Carribean' for them – it's an energetic concept with storyline to carry on performance with and I feel like they are looking good in it. Again, LOVE all lifts and the innovation/creative element in some of their moves, it's always nice to see that from teams. The FD itself needs polish, cleaning of lines/some of lifts' exits and more of performance than just executing elements, but the idea and basis are there. I have my hopes for that FD:)

'Chicago' by Alla and Pavel got another meaning to that soundtrack for me – cluttered music cuts with equally cluttered choreography to match, I'm seriously lost. Saying that, I totally see them pulling off 'Chicago', BUT with a) different music cuts (less busy, less dialouge part), b) more controlled, polished choreography (Alla's 'jazzy hands' and arms in duet with Pavel's random leg kicks are seriously beyond me...) and c) better costuming (metalic, short dress for her with red lip along with some jazzy hairpiece and gloves, more 'dapper' costume for him). Like in SD, there is a big problem for me in their packaging which is poor and does little to do their skills justice. The 'randomness' of choreo, accidentality of expression (loud singing part does not automatically mean to throw your arms in the air, wave them franticaly, Alla) are killing my mojo watching them, making them looking amateurish and all over the place. They need to have more refinement and sophistication provided about that FD, and it has to be provided equally in choreography construction, musical custs and expression.

Making a referrence to Charlene and Marco, I want to say that I'd rather see a polished, crisp execution/performance of a concept not exactly suiting the team (Italians) than seeing a caricature of a fitting, matching idea of program (Russians). Muse is not exactly a music for Italians in my opinion – for me they look much better with more vibrant concepts and it really could get annoying seeing Barbara doing a recycling of 'hip' themes for Charlene and Marco. Saying that, I respect and appreciate their effort to make that music and choreo work, at least it looks quite controlled (aside of this aborted lift) and thoughtful in terms of what the choreography wants to highlight and what is the character/expression of the whole piece. I see the potential, but wishing they would something with more prominent storyline...