2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS

andromache

Record Breaker
Japanese Nationals is going to be a heartbreaker for the ladies. Marin and Wakaba look very, very solid. Satoko has always left me cold, but she's definitely an exquisite spinner, and I know she has lots of fans on here. I'm Team USA 5ever, but really, we should probably give our 3rd spot to them if we were able to.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Marai triple axel not called for under rotations just goe. But most other jumps under rotated.

Kara

Final Flight
6 underrotation calls for Mirai.:palmf: It's still the season beginning and the altitude is probably playing a part, but yeah she needs stamina.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Re-checked the video. Correction: NO UR!

- - - Updated - - -

The Noble and Most Distinguished

Order of the Triple Axel

is pleased to announce
the admission of

Lady Mirai Nagasu
(2017, USA)

into its companionship.

Lady Nagasu is the ninth member and
second American to join the order.

Salt Lake City, September 16th, 2017

The Board of Representatives
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
(2015, RUS)
Rika Kihira
(2016, JPN)
The Council of Seniors
Midori Ito
(1988, JPN)
Tonya Harding
(1991, USA)
Ludmila Nelidina
(2002, RUS)
Yukari Nakano
(2002, JPN)
Mao Asada
(2004, JPN)

Honorary member
Miki Ando
(2002, JPN)

Kara

Final Flight
Karen has 4 URs too. For such a huge jumper, it's always confusing to me how she can't get in her rotations.:confused:

frida80

Record Breaker
Gives the haters more fuel. Mirai gets her 3A and under rotates five jumps. However, I'll take this as a net positive. After landing it for the first time she probably got over excited. Now that she knows she can do it under pressure she can calm down and focus on the rest of the program. When she gets this program clean, it's going to be brutal.

Since it had a clean edge and half of the panels gave it positive GOE, I think she's in the club now.

burntBREAD

Medalist
6 underrotation calls for Mirai.:palmf: It's still the season beginning and the altitude is probably playing a part, but yeah she needs stamina.

Well, she trains in Colorado Springs, which is also at super high altitude, so I doubt it affected her much - I think she probably got ahead of herself with the 3A, but having seen that she's been able to rotate it twice (and this panel seemed pretty stringent too) and hits it in practice fairly often, I'm very encouraged by this.

andromache

Record Breaker
Lots of carrots for Karen as well. C'mon girl!!!!! Would be nice to see her with a GP medal or two before Nationals, but she needs to bring it on the jumps and sell every moment.

Judges here were seriously NOT kind on PCS. I think all the PCS whackadoodles are over in Europe, seriously. I hope scoring is a little more equitable across the GP series.

I do think Marin would benefit immensely with some personality during her LP. Alina's LP is a little generic, but she has tons of charm and charisma during it. I think it does impact the scores.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Funny but not funny Mariah did not get any credit for one of her spins. Didn't Kimmie Meisner get a ratified triple axel?

Leonardo

Final Flight
Re-checked the video. Correction: NO UR!

[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Agreed. No ur, but it was 2footed, unfortunately. I was rooting for Marin, but after Mirai landed that 3A I thought, ok, she would make an incredible champion. The rest of the program was such a shame, but the 3A seems to make Mirai's skating more alive (unlike her face for some years now).

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Kaori- liked the program a bit more than when I saw it as a show program during the summer. I think it can only improve as the season goes on.

Mariah- not sure if the choreography is letting her down or if she just hasn't gotten comfortable with it yet. Interested to see how the program develops.

Karen- like the program, good performance, interested to see it develop.

Marin- lovely skater, strongly dislike the program. Maybe I'm just biased against all Turandots at this point, but I feel like there's an especial lack of character to this one, which is a shame considering how much I enjoyed her Romeo and Juliet last year.

Mirai- I had my misgivings about the concept originally, but I might have enjoyed Mirai's performance the most? The music cuts are smooth, spins are beautiful and that triple axel has potential to be a stunner. Exciting!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if there's something with the ice, whats the altitude like? Everyone seems to have problem with stamina, weird.
4,200 feet approximately. Pretty tough for a first competition of the season.

keasus

On the Ice
Why does it seem as though the US women are chronic under-rotaters? Is it training? Technique? Harsh judging?