2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS

andromache

Record Breaker
Funny but not funny Mariah did not get any credit for one of her spins. Didn't Kimmie Meisner get a ratified triple axel?

Only at Nationals, I believe, so not at an ISU event.

Seriously though - I am legitimately concerned about not being able to access GS during the Olympics :drama:. I need to discuss things with people in real time! It's very important to my enjoyment!

lady_bee

Medalist
Japanese Nationals is going to be a heartbreaker for the ladies. Marin and Wakaba look very, very solid. Satoko has always left me cold, but she's definitely an exquisite spinner, and I know she has lots of fans on here. I'm Team USA 5ever, but really, we should probably give our 3rd spot to them if we were able to.

Satoko is super consistent and there is Mai, who we will see next week.
I am sure Japanese fans, including me, will be happy to donate, if anyone/country offer us extra spot(s):gaah:

frida80

Record Breaker
Re-checked the video. Correction: NO UR!

- - - Updated - - -

The Noble and Most Distinguished

Order of the Triple Axel

is pleased to announce
the admission of

Lady Mirai Nagasu
(2017, USA)

into its companionship.

Lady Nagasu is the ninth member and
second American to join the order.

Salt Lake City, September 16th, 2017

The Board of Representatives
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
(2015, RUS)
Rika Kihira
(2016, JPN)
The Council of Seniors
Midori Ito
(1988, JPN)
Tonya Harding
(1991, USA)
Ludmila Nelidina
(2002, RUS)
Yukari Nakano
(2002, JPN)
Mao Asada
(2004, JPN)

Honorary member
Miki Ando
(2002, JPN)

All right! I'll tweet it!

lady_bee

Medalist
Why does it seem as though the US women are chronic under-rotaters? Is it training? Technique? Harsh judging?

I think it 's not US problem, but generation problem.
Skaters who trained under previous rules tend to have same problem.

burntBREAD

Medalist
To be completely fair to Mirai, her 3axel, 3flip and 3loop were fully rotated.

Ah yeah, forgot about the 3Lo super late in the program. It's just so Mirai to rotate the 3A and the very end 3Lo as well (which she'd been struggling with earlier) and struggle with the other triples :laugh:, but again can't take away the two fully rotated axels in both SP/LP! That's huge.

kalle

On the Ice
Typical start of the season for miss Nagasu and her beloved UR's. To be honest, I am not too worried as she normally clean up her act later in the season. She should be very proud of her 3A and I am sure already next outing of this program will be better. She is here to play this year and I hope the season will work out well for her.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Agreed. No ur, but it was 2footed, unfortunately. I was rooting for Marin, but after Mirai landed that 3A I thought, ok, she would make an incredible champion. The rest of the program was such a shame, but the 3A seems to make Mirai's skating more alive (unlike her face for some years now).

Slightly twofooted, yes. But ok, it's too late anyway. Maybe I should put a little * behind Mirai's name as a reminder that she cannot rotate a triple except the 3A. :laugh:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
What would Marin have scored at Lombardia? I'm guessing over 200 at least, if not 210.

Kara

Final Flight
What would Marin have scored at Lombardia? I'm guessing over 200 at least, if not 210.

No doubt.:laugh: Still bitter about the judging at that event. I'm actually surprised at how they really went after the girls here for their URs, nice job judges!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
No doubt.:laugh: Still bitter about the judging at that event. I'm actually surprised at how they really went after the girls here for their URs, nice job judges!

Just felt like a continuation of World Team Trophy though so no complaints from me. :)

frida80

Record Breaker
This this weekend we got:

Shoma scored a personal best and landed 5ish quads.
Max landed his 4T in both his SP and FS.
Nathan lands a 4Lo for the first time.
Mirai lands two 3A and one clean.
Both the JW gold and silver win their first senior competitions.

The season has started with a bang! Did I miss anything?

randomfan

Record Breaker
As for Marin, I think her PCS should've been a little lower, but the TES seemed right. Also, it seems that she collapsed when she got off the ice, but I caught a glimpse of her walking while Mirai was heading to the Kiss and Cry so I hope she's okay now.

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists!!

I was soooo excited for Mirai!!! I really want to see her at the Olympics, ganbatte!!

Marin said in the article about official practice that it was difficult for her to skate in the high altitude, and so did Mura and maybe Kaori, too, since she also looked more tired than usual.

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Funny but not funny Mariah did not get any credit for one of her spins. Didn't Kimmie Meisner get a ratified triple axel?

It was at 2005 US Nationals, the last nationals before IJS. Her triple Axel there was at LEAST a half turn short. Would have been << in today's system.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Mirai can rotate her jumps, we've seen her do it. But she needs to really attack them with confidence. Hopefully she'll take what she did here and keep working. If anything is going to give you confidence landing a triple axel should. :p